UFC Champs by 2009

i got bj winning this fight, both hughes and gsp are stronger and have just as good if not better cardio than sherk, and bj did just fine with those two, i wouldnt be surprised if bj kept this a standup fight and just jabbed sherk to death for 5 rounds

ManOfMuscle said:
His standup is awful. Have you seen the GSP fight? Sherk couldn't even stand up with him, and BJ outboxed him.
Gsp made sherk look like a little bitch, threw him around with ease...in the 2nd round you can hear sherk wincing in pain every time gsp hit him, Then he and hughes are laughing there asses off when he lost to serra, FAGS, well GSP got the last laugh, with hughes anyways,

diddydidit said:
Gsp made sherk look like a little bitch, threw him around with ease...in the 2nd round you can hear sherk wincing in pain every time gsp hit him, Then he and hughes are laughing there asses off when he lost to serra, FAGS, well GSP got the last laugh, with hughes anyways,

Oh he got the last laugh on Sherk. Only guy to knock him out. Fights with a guy like GSP really expose the one dimensional nature of Sherk and Hughes. They meet a guy they can't muscle around and lay on and they are dead in the water.

diddydidit said:
i got bj winning this fight, both hughes and gsp are stronger and have just as good if not better cardio than sherk, and bj did just fine with those two, i wouldnt be surprised if bj kept this a standup fight and just jabbed sherk to death for 5 rounds

I like BJ for this fight as well. I love Sherk but BJ is just too skilled a fighter to lose this fight. I think the only person right now capable of even threatening BJ's reign at 155 is Huerta. I see great things for Huerta's future in the UFC.

BJ really nullifies huerta's strengths. Huerta has kind of a sloppy freestyle approach that allows him to overwhelm most opponents with his athleticism, but also leaves him open for punches as submissions. Someone as disciplined as BJ could take him apart standing or on the ground.

ManOfMuscle said:
BJ really nullifies huerta's strengths. Huerta has kind of a sloppy freestyle approach that allows him to overwhelm most opponents with his athleticism, but also leaves him open for punches as submissions. Someone as disciplined as BJ could take him apart standing or on the ground.

BJ is without a doubt one of the most skilled and well rounded fighters in the game.. But I would hardly call Huerta sloppy. Infact, his striking is very deliberate and calculated.. what your seeing is merely inexperience. He's only like 23 years old and still new to the game. He's learning the finer points and refining his style. When he does, look out.

huerta has less of a chance than sherk, mabye a few more years down the line but not now, in fact after bj beats sherk, that would be a good fight for sean to rebuild his confidence and name value

diddydidit said:
huerta has less of a chance than sherk, mabye a few more years down the line but not now, in fact after bj beats sherk, that would be a good fight for sean to rebuild his confidence and name value

Agreed. And don't get me wrong, I love Huerta.

JayC said:
I like BJ for this fight as well. I love Sherk but BJ is just too skilled a fighter to lose this fight. I think the only person right now capable of even threatening BJ's reign at 155 is Huerta. I see great things for Huerta's future in the UFC.

this is all i have to say. ill be waiting for my "BJ's" from you guys when sherk puts bj out for good. he will not ko him and deffinatly wont out last him. penn is f'ed

Deep South Chris said:
this is all i have to say. ill be waiting for my "BJ's" from you guys when sherk puts bj out for good. he will not ko him and deffinatly wont out last him. penn is f'ed

I have nothing but respect for Sherk as a fighter (other then the fact that he still denies using Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) after positive piss results.. at least Franca owned up!!) Sorry, had to throw that in :) But Penn is one of the few fighters that can truely exploit any opening or weakness.. Whether it's bad body position or a split second opening, it will happen and BJ will capitalize..
What would be Sherks best plan for winning this fight?? I cant see one.. other then lasting 5 rounds and hoping Penn gases out.

JayC said:
What would be Sherks best plan for winning this fight?? I cant see one.. other then lasting 5 rounds and hoping Penn gases out.

Yep. Sherk fights not to lose. BJ fights to win.

ManOfMuscle said:
Yep. Sherk fights not to lose. BJ fights to win.
That is very true. I think it could go either way, but I'm still leaning towards Sherk laying on him for five rounds, with Bj's corner having to haul him to the corner during every break after the second round. Herb Dean won't always be there for him to prop on. lol I love to watch BJ fight, and I think he has the most skill of anybody in the game (save for Anderson Silva and possibly Fedor). It just pissed me off to see him not able to stand after two rounds and then talk about his abs. That was pure silliness.

As far as Huerta goes, I have to agree that he is sloppy from a technical standpoint. I also agree that it can be called inexperience. Either way, it's the same thing. He's not ready to fight Penn or Sherk. In two years...probably so.

As for the Sherk pissing hot thing......I can't speak for him, but I can speak for myself. He pissed hot for nandrolone. I've run nandrolone and found it to be the absolute worst thing imaginable for cardio. Sherk has the best cardio in the game. However, some nandrolone metabolites have been known to show up as long as 18 months after stopping use. So who knows what's up with that. I do know that I had about the same cardio capacity on deca or tren that that I would if trying to breath through a coffee straw. I don't mean bodybuilder type cardio either....it's a whole different critter.

Sherk was beat for several reason by GSP but a big one was GSP being a very smart fighter. He used his reach to wear down Sherk. That being said Sherk dropping to 155 will give him a great run at the title but I would have to go with Penn bc he has got his head back in the game after he lost a couple of fights.
Sherk vs Penn a year ago at 155...winner Sherk
Now Penn. Penn is just to dynamic

it mostly had to do with Gsp just being better, stronger, faster,and a way better wrestler, which like mom said, thats pretty much screws sherk

Back