Underrated and overrated bodybuilders ???

It took two pages of this thread for someone to mention Lee Haney as underrated. Good call, bizup. Can't the 8-time Mr. O ever get any love?

OK, am I missing something here? Why does everyone seem to think Ronnie is overrated? Could it have something to do with the fact that he has more mass, better conditioning, better proportions and the best back in bodybuilding since Dorian Yates? I'll admit his conditioning in recent years hasn't been up to his best, but it has still been better than most everyone else's. You're right, sheer size isn't everything because if it were, Greg Kovacs would win everything. The guy has the dimensions of a bear. But everything else sucks, symetry, proportion, conditioning, etc. Overall, Coleman is and has been for the past 6 years, better than everyone else. To say that he is overrated is like saying that Michael Jordan was overrated as a basketball player. I like Markus too, but let's face it, the shape of Markus Ruhl's muscles makes him look like a doofus. In my opinion, Gunther's legs are too long. Makes his upper body look smaller than it really is.

bizup69 said:
overrated- arnold, jay, gunter, lee,
underrated- kevin levrone, ernie taylor, DORIAN YATES, zane, lee haney

Arnold can't be overrated, but that's your opinion. But anyways, Gunter is extremely overrated, all that damn hype about him for he can finish 5th at the Olympia...nice. Cutler is overrated too I believe. Underrated people would be like Lee Priest, and from the past, Franco and Danny Padilla and Zane.

I think they are all underated compared to Ronnie. I don't want to sound like a HATER there is a word that isn't getting old. But to say he has great lines give me a break. Yes he comes in with great conditioning but he is just a mass of muscle. Bodybuilding is not just about if you can pack crazy amounts of muscle on your body but presenting it and I don't think his package is presentable. There are a few guys who are big and when on stage can keep everything together,ie not gut and lets get the vaccuum back so that we can start seeing some guys with healthy looking muscular bodies. And his body is not balanced. Look at his calves period, they are not there.

gunter is noit over rated !!! And yates is not over rated, he had won M.O a lot of time, didn't he ?

Over Rated: King Kamali, Goonther, Craig Titass, but lately and mostly, Gustavo Badell.....

Melvin Anthony is underrated....

Craig Titus overrated? I mean he has a shitty physique, but he isnt exactly winning shows or making the covers of magazines. Can anyone say Undercover BB Pro?

Underrated: Zane, LaBrada, Kim, Eryk Bui, Dexter, Flex

Overrated: Mentzer, King Kam, Coleman, Chris Cook

overrated stars: Van Damme, Stallone, Rock, Vin Diesel

Fatwad said:
It took two pages of this thread for someone to mention Lee Haney as underrated. Good call, bizup. Can't the 8-time Mr. O ever get any love?

Read the post again.

My post had Haney down

undefined
XxIcEMaNxX said:
Arnold can't be overrated, but that's your opinion. But anyways, Gunter is extremely overrated, all that damn hype about him for he can finish 5th at the Olympia...nice. Cutler is overrated too I believe. Underrated people would be like Lee Priest, and from the past, Franco and Danny Padilla and Zane.
coming in 5th at the olympia is no small feat. placing anywhere in the olympia would be a dream come true for anyone on this board who isn't full of it.

Under - Pearl, Franco, Sergio, Mentzer, Haney, Dex, Quadzilla :), & Priest
(yeah, so, I'm old school)

Over - many of the "top" guys 2day - all size & nuthin but the size

of course, I'll give today's "top" pros props 4 puttin in the work 4 gettin as larger as they are. It's inherent when ya get too damn hardcore - ya lose the "overall picture" which also includes proportion.

I'd say esthetics but that really is subjective & would spark another debate. Besides, the hardest of the hardcore will always go 4 the "freak" appeal @ all costs. Again, a helluva job 2 pack on that kinda mass, just not 4 me.

bula said:
Underrated: Zane, LaBrada, Kim, Eryk Bui, Dexter, Flex

overrated stars: Van Damme, Stallone, Rock, Vin Diesel
i'm sure i don't know what you mean!

Over: Titus, Kamali, Ruhl (although I really like the look - it's freaky), Gunter (for exactly that leg length comment some dude made earlier),

Under: Ray, Lebrada, Paris, Sarcev, Ashley, Dexter, Priest, Nubret, Mentzer, Bertil, Flex, Sergio, Dillett, Columbo, Zane, Lenda Murray, Cory Everson. I'm sure I could name many more. Ronnie gets so many people thinking he's overrated because he's appears blocky. But take a look at his physique - he's a PERFECT X. It'd be nice if he had a tight midsection, but every limb and the torso are in perfect proportion. Until there is a new drug out there, or we get the next freak, he's simply unstoppable.

Back