Upping time in the gym while on cycle

I personal hit my muscles every 5 or 6 day. I have a 4 day split but on the 4th day I do cardio and every now and then I take a complete day off. also I never do more then 12 set per muscle

I dont want to sound harsh but you are doing far too much alraedy with training and cardio if you hope to make gains.

Var is so mild anyway its a bad choice for someone looking to gain size. I like var. It has its place. But if I were you I would run something else for sure.

I train 3-4 times a week and do zero cardio even when cutting. I only add in cardio at the very end of a cutter if needed, but I havent done any cardio now for 2 years.

Eat, train, sleep, eat more. Take ECA to cut. Take muscle milk shakes throughout the day and tons of red meat and milk. Hit high rep squats and pull some heavy deads. You dont need var or ED training. Good luck bro!

Var doesnt cut you at all. Steroids dont burn fat (tren being a possible exception).
I would drop the cardio, but not for the reasons you posted.

I hit the gym 6 times a week. Always many sets and very high intensity. Thats what works for me. On or off cycle.

What works off will work for you on.

there are just so many different ways to train.....im a low volume man wether im on or off im only in the gym 3 times a week ......i used to train(over) 6 days a week...
but i illicit the best gains when getting plenty of rest .......a lot of people over estimate the recovery ability of steroids.....imo your doing way to much cardio and to much weights......you dont grow in the gym.....you grow during rest and recovery.....
however when im on gear ill add in drop sets trauma sets or neg reps as i see fit...so in a way i increase my workload but not lenght of time in the gym.......to many novices get caught up in the hi-volume thing thinking the more i lift the more ill grow...
for the first few years you should stick with heavy compound movements 3-4 days a week.......after youve built a good base you can further refine it with isolation exercises etc etc....

Speaking of LOW volume.....
You might want to try an HST style of training. Its is a high freq-low volume work out. The low volume prevents over training (with PLENTY of food & REST!!).
I have used it naturally and gotten better gains (8-10#s) than with anything else. Basically you are continually progressing the load over about 6-8 wks. You do full body workouts 3x a week (m,w,f), but only 2-3 sets per muscle group/exercise. The exercises (8-10) are supposed to be almost all compounds, with maybe a few iso's. The idea is based on getting stimulus to the each muscle every 48 hrs. Kind of like if you want a sun tan, you'd do a little a time, but do it often....this gives the body frequent stimulation (you wouldn't sit in the sun for 5 hours every Monday would you?). There much more to it, this is some of the basics.

just my .02 on an alternate training method.

I found there's a lot of reference to HST in these forums. This one states some positve results: http://www.steroidology.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84432&highlight=HST

Last edited:
Littlewilly said:
Var doesnt cut you at all. Steroids dont burn fat (tren being a possible exception).
Stop telling the man to drop the cardio. Its an incredibly healthy and worthwile activity. 45 mins on the treadmill or bike at 65% max HR and you good to go. He wont shrink, it wont hurt his gains given proper supplimentation and my guess, itl speed recovery. Dont neglect your heart and cardiovascular system. Id much rather earn my stipes and get healthier by the day than swallow ephedra, caffeine and whatever else to drop weight.

Lucky13 said:
Presently I train

Mon - 1hr - arms, chest

Tues - 30 mins - light cardio

Wed - 1hr - Shoulders, back

Thur - 30mins - Cardio

Fri - Rest

Sat - 1hr - legs

Sun - Rest
There is an old saying; "You can train heavy to build muscle, or train for an hour to build endurance, but you can't do both".

You need to start reading all you can on HIT, (High Intensity Training), and implementing it into your workouts.

It doesnt replace it by a long shot. We all train...its taken for granted as part of our lives. So, no - skipping cardio is not as good as doing cardio.

I was like you guys until ironaddict put me on 5x a week cardio and sled pulling. In his words, he wants his trainees to be healthier than 90% of people walking around this earth. Glad I listened to him my workouts no longer kill me, recovery is faster and on and on.

To each his own I suppose. You can cut without cardio. You can also get your rocks off without a girl around...neither one is my idea of the ideal situation.

You need to understand that it depends on how you feel. If you can train legs for instance 5 days a week and not get too sore to continue training, Then do that. If you get sore then work a different muscle group the next day. It all depends on how you feel and what you can do.

Micromegas said:
You need to understand that it depends on how you feel. If you can train legs for instance 5 days a week and not get too sore to continue training, Then do that. If you get sore then work a different muscle group the next day. It all depends on how you feel and what you can do.

If someone CAN hit legs 5x's/week then they are doing everything wrong and should in no way go for roids.

Littlewilly said:

I beg to differ. I could be wrong, but I believe oxandrolone has been shown in studies to cause a decrease in visceral/abdominal fat.

I remember my abs (I use them to gauge my fat loss as the lower abdominal fat is always the last to go while cutting) coming in MUCH easier while on var. Of course I was on a strict diet and ECA, but I'd dieted strictly before with ECA and w/o var, and it was noticeably easier with the var.

I want to get the most out of this cycle so EOD seems to long between gym sessions.
I know pros that only train 3x/week, but they train HIT and used to train more to get where they are now. You can get away with EOD training and still make gains. However personally I would advise 5 à 6x / week. If you feel like you overtrained, take a few extra days off and restart training when you feel recovered. I like to train 6x / week and take a week off every month.

Bast said:
If someone CAN hit legs 5x's/week then they are doing everything wrong and should in no way go for roids.

Nonsense. Different people take different amounts of time to heal. Some people can train their arms every day of the week. Some people can only do it once a week. Some can train their legs every day of the week, Some can only do it once a week. It depends on your muscles and genetics.

If they can train their legs 5 times a week they are doing something wrong? What are they doing wrong? If they train until failure for several sets each day, And are able to do that several days in a row then they aren't doing anything wrong.

Sometimes I need extra visual motivation to be at my gym...
20d8a_Pic0048.jpg

Back