Who's on doctor prescribed testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) ?

AGE-44

Years on TRT-2

Dosage-600mg test cyp/once every 2 weeks

no prior cycles of any kind

My Endocrinologist just updated my dosage to 600mg every 2 weeks,started at 100mg every 2 weeks,and he has had to increase my dosage 3 times,and at my last visit and blood test 3 weeks ago,he increased my dose to 600mg.My test levels with my blood work was 195ng...well below the low end of the range.....still dont understand why im not responding to the dosage,hopefully this time i will,he told me that my body could not keep up my own production of test,and is using it up as fast as i was taking it,still very concerned,i am 6'5" 275lbs and i work out 5 days a week,and i dont consider myself as a bodybuilder,more of a powerlifter.Im new to the forums and would like some more great feedback as i have been reading so far,thank you

I get crashes if I don't inject at least 100mg a week. It sounds like your body is like mine Bullseye in that it uses the T very fast. Either that or it is converting to estrogen rapidly and you should check those levels.

I get crashes if I don't inject at least 100mg a week. It sounds like your body is like mine Bullseye in that it uses the T very fast. Either that or it is converting to estrogen rapidly and you should check those levels.

thats what he told me as well,he said that my body's metabolism just eats up the testosterone very fast,and in january,he is going to check my estrogen levels,im thinking about calling him and asking him if i can divide my dosage up every week,like take 300mg/week instead of 600mg/every other week....he told me i could self administer the shots if i wanted to...im just in the dark why it takes so much test to get my levels in the normal range....thank you for your response,it helps knowing someone else has sorta the same situation

thats what he told me as well,he said that my body's metabolism just eats up the testosterone very fast,and in january,he is going to check my estrogen levels,im thinking about calling him and asking him if i can divide my dosage up every week,like take 300mg/week instead of 600mg/every other week....he told me i could self administer the shots if i wanted to...im just in the dark why it takes so much test to get my levels in the normal range....thank you for your response,it helps knowing someone else has sorta the same situation

I have no idea why some doctors go with the every other week protocol. If I injected every 14 days it would be a hormonal roller coaster ride.

When are you testing your test levels? Is it 13 days after you pin?

I have no idea why some doctors go with the every other week protocol. If I injected every 14 days it would be a hormonal roller coaster ride.

When are you testing your test levels? Is it 13 days after you pin?

Well he increased my dose on october 14th,and i had a shot that afternoon and the next shot was yesterday....and he told me to stay on this protocol until january 19th,thats when he wanted me to come in and check my levels again...im sorta in the dark CentuionHRT,in your opinion should he have me come in before jan to get my levels checked? and also does my doctor havet to write me a presricption for something for fluid retention? i have it really bad in my face?

Last edited:
Well he increased my dose on october 14th,and i had a shot that afternoon and the next shot was yesterday....and he told me to stay on this protocol until january 19th,thats when he wanted me to come in and check my levels again...im sorta in the dark CentuionHRT,in your opinion should he have me come in before jan to get my levels checked? and also does my doctor havet to write me a presricption for something for fluid retention? i have it really bad in my face?

In my opinion I think he needs to administer 300mg every week. I think you would feel much better overall since your testosterone levels would be more stable.

Waiting till Jan is fine for a recheck.He just needs to alter the protocol a bit...

You are retaining water more then likely from high estrogen. He would have to prescribe an AI.

Last edited:
In my opinion I think he needs to administer 300mg every week. I think you would feel much better overall since your testosterone levels would be more stable.

Waiting till Jan is fine for a recheck.He just needs to alter the protocol a bit...

You are retaining water more then likely from high estrogen. He would have to prescribe an AI.

thank you so much for your help Centurion,i will ask him about that before my next appt,which Aromatase inhibitor (AI) in your opinion would be most helpful in my situation,if you dont mind me asking

thank you so much for your help Centurion,i will ask him about that before my next appt,which Aromatase inhibitor (AI) in your opinion would be most helpful in my situation,if you dont mind me asking

The Aromatase inhibitor (AI) I use is Aromasin but most doctors prescribe Armidex. Either will work...I'd ask him about Aromasin.

He will probably start you around 1mg of Adex EOD for a couple weeks then taper it down to .25-.50mg EOD.

Back