biceps 4 days per week?

o constantly read on the boards about the " pump " and how people do everything to get that pump and they judge a excercise based on whether it gives a " pump " or not .

i would like to see the proof that the " pump " helps grow 1 ounce of lean mass .

imo the chase for the mythical pump is all in peoples head , if so why dont we all do just a 50 rep warmup set and go home.

now before anyone argues with me about this , be honest and REALLY think about it.

Not argueing but just throwing this out there dog to get your thoughts. Fascia Stretch Training or Hany Rambods FST-7 involves heavy weights but also its goal is to get the biggest pump because it stretches the muscle casing to allow bigger size. Bodybuilding and powerlifting are vastly diff types of training and its easy to pick out who does what in a bicep training thread.

Curls

Why was the blonde staring at the orang juice container?

Because it said concentrated. Ha Ha

But seriously, I do preacher curls, and seated arm curls. I usually do 3-4 sets of seated curls then rest then preacher curls. I work up to a good weight and then do 2 lower sets for the preacher curls. Love doing the bi's. I get a great pump, can barely move my arms at the end.

I dont really go for the pump, i just get a peace at mind when i do get it.
I try to include dropsets when training for size/reps.. and i always get a pump from a dropset usually.
Well, i dont know if its bullshit, but when you get a pump its a flow of nutrients?.. either way that sounds pretty good, that's the main reason i like the pump, makes me think i am getting all the fresh nutrients in there lol :)
Either way, a dropset should be done.. and a pump is just a benefit.

6x15 bicep curls with 5 kg dbs 4 days per week for best way to get my biceps bigger. How do i get them bigger????

cardio everyday for 1 hour too to tone?

easy you only work them out 1-2 times a week!
what you are doing dont make sence.
you DONT GROW when your working out you GROW WHEN YOUR RESTING.
workotu every other day and only hit the same body part one time per week. with HEAVY setf of only 6-8 reps per set for about 30-50min per workout.

A Wise man told me a few months ago that if you want the biceps to grow you need to workout the Brachialis not just the Brachii. To do this you need to incorporate reverse bicep curls or anything similar. In thought, by training this muscle it will PUSH UP the bicep muscle.

Full of shit, its just another way to get growth.. like anyother curl.

There is a muscle in the bicep that your talking about, but it gets targeted by all pull movements.. not just reverse.

I dont do any reverse and my biceps grow fine, but again.. if your changing your routine, and your forearms are lacking.. throw in some reverse curls for a change..
Again, back is where its at, not curls.
I do admit, Reverse hits your wrists harder, so it will only help with growth if your lacking in that department.. forearms are also pretty genetic.
Isolation isnt 100% better, but it def helps spot target.
they both have there uses

Bent over rows, Seated Rows, Chins.. all hit back hard, that's where your growth will come man

A Wise man told me a few months ago that if you want the biceps to grow you need to workout the Brachialis not just the Brachii. To do this you need to incorporate reverse bicep curls or anything similar. In thought, by training this muscle it will PUSH UP the bicep muscle.

hammer curls hit the brach muscle very well.

So is a hammer curl considered a compound lift because it uses alot of forearm too? Anyways, I have taken everything you say and suggest very seriously DaDawg. For the last week I've been doing only compounds and NO isolations.

Can't say I notice anything yet, so a question arises, how many sets in range of 12-8 rep lifts? And I've only found 2shoulder compound lifts I can use, overhead press and lateral lift where you hold a barbell towards the middle and raise your elbows parallel with your shoulders. I'm thinking I need to stay with the excessive majority of my work as compounds and add in some isolations when I'm nearly toast at the end. At least on shoulder day to hit the various heads. Except I get the rear head and trapz really well on back day

So is a hammer curl considered a compound lift because it uses alot of forearm too? Anyways, I have taken everything you say and suggest very seriously DaDawg. For the last week I've been doing only compounds and NO isolations.

Can't say I notice anything yet, so a question arises, how many sets in range of 12-8 rep lifts? And I've only found 2shoulder compound lifts I can use, overhead press and lateral lift where you hold a barbell towards the middle and raise your elbows parallel with your shoulders. I'm thinking I need to stay with the excessive majority of my work as compounds and add in some isolations when I'm nearly toast at the end. At least on shoulder day to hit the various heads. Except I get the rear head and trapz really well on back day

compounds on arm movements sint the correct term but i gues what im saying is stuff like standing barbell curls . heavy hammer DB curls , close grip bench , etc.

none of the foo foo muscle magazine ,one armed concentration isolation tricep kickback stuff. imlo nothinmg add mass like heavy lifting and if your doing tricep kick backs or some god awfull machine curls then your just doing reps.

Oh yeah. You're absolutely right. I agree things like triceps kick backs and independent arm exercises don't benefit mass gain. Can't lift heavy enough like that to really do anything more than tone.

o constantly read on the boards about the " pump " and how people do everything to get that pump and they judge a excercise based on whether it gives a " pump " or not .

i would like to see the proof that the " pump " helps grow 1 ounce of lean mass .

imo the chase for the mythical pump is all in peoples head , if so why dont we all do just a 50 rep warmup set and go home.

now before anyone argues with me about

this , be honest and REALLY think about it.

Ok i'm up for an argument!!!!!!!!!

No not really just fuckin with ya POOCH! But here some thing to think about U the Pooch are a Power lifter! Hence the Rotwhiler! No most people on here are Labradoddles or wana be show dogs! While I agree with u the pump isnt an accurate gauge to go by it has its place in this game!

Problem is most people do not know how to maximize this correctly! We need the pump to effectively fill or volumize the muscle cells! Ok now this is where the Labradoodle stops and goes home looking for some biatch in heat! No the Rotwhiler will take advantage of this time and continue working out to stretch and tear these tissues for future repair and utlmatley increase strength and size!

The Pump has its place if used properly but does a pump alone signify results FUCK NO that just means your primed for growth so use it!

Other wise just go Humb the neighbors fucking dog so I don't have to listen to it Bark!

Last edited:
Oh yeah. You're absolutely right. I agree things like triceps kick backs and independent arm exercises don't benefit mass gain. Can't lift heavy enough like that to really do anything more than tone.

This is not true at all!!!!!!!!!! but they have to be used properly! and only as finishing movements!

Kick backs lmfao who thought of this any way?

Last edited:
So dadawg are you saying no arm work is necessary? The back and chest work is sufficient to build big biceps?

So dadawg are you saying no arm work is necessary? The back and chest work is sufficient to build big biceps?

First of all Chest work outs grow Triceps Back work outs grow biceps!

What Dawg Meens is it the basic compound movements that make u grow! This is very true. You wont get big with out them! If u think your gona go to the gym and do Bi's and tri's for example sure you will make some progress but your not stimulating your body enough to reach its potential!

Ever seen this question on forums?

What do you guys with over 20" arms due to get them?

Answer- SQUATS

Think about it!

Why are dead lifts so important for a massive back? Its an over all body movement?

If Biceps are your concern Do Deadlifts heavy rows pull ups of pull downs and one very heavy set of curls they will grow!

Now if you want truely massive ARMS worry about your triceps there a much larger muscle!

Yea I get that, I understand the benefits of compound lifts, imo arm work is essential to keep everything proportionate. Im not buying for a second that no arm work is necessary if you squat and dead.Same way im noy buying for second that if you do leg presses or curs you dont need to sqaut.

Take it how ever u want! But your not gona stimulate your body to grow with just arm work! Ive been playin this game for over 20yrs and were all different But im here to tell u if you want true growth you need to stimulate a large part of the body to get it!

I honestly only do 1 or 2 execise max for bi or tri's granted there full blown heavy as I can stand it after either chest or back. I have tried every fucking rutine or idea under the sun in all these years and this works very well!

You tax the shit out of bi's doing your back and your tri's doing chest! much ,more than this you've hit over training and you will not get great results. But what do I know

I dont think it was stated any where NO ARM WORK IS NECESARY

Last edited:
Back