DEA Bust Powermedica

Status
Not open for further replies.
The requirement that the doctor must see the patient before prescribing the patient medication is different from an Internet pharmacy shupping drugs to a patient they have never seen. I don't know if FL has this doctor seeing the patient law or not.

One of my friends that used them called the other day ( I was there) and we were told that they weren't in trouble and that they were just getting a new dr. and license..

ArokisJ said:
I live in the are and as far as I know they're still doing business. I'm not sure if it was previously mentioned, but the funny thing is that there was a number of BSO officers that had scripts as well! When the sheriff was going through their client list he recognized some names, and they were his own officers!! The thing is they had legal scripts, so they weren't breaking the law. They still got suspended though, which I still can't believe. Then again, I don't really mind b/c I might get pulled over one day by one of these juiced up uniforms and have a bad experience!

That's what irks me. Probably half the DEA and local cops that are kicking in the doors and raiding places for AAS-related offenses are juicers themselves.

SWALE said:
Internet pharmacies cannot "prescribe medication". Only doctors can do that. This is another area these charlatans are breaking the law. Somehow, along the way, they got the notion it is okay for them to prescribe and devise treatment therapies (which is why there is not one of them which is actually providing care of any quality). When someone calls in, it is usually just some kid answering the phone, whose first question will be "How much do you have to spend?" What a coincidence: the treatment this kid will then need (ahem) "prescribe" will exactly match that amount!

In fact, in many cases, there isn't even a doctor involved in the process anywhere. Some have just made up nonexistent physician's names. Several have their scripts signed all by the same doctor who just rubber stamps everything in exchange for fees.

Also, it is the law everywhere that no patient can be forced to purchase their meds at any given location. This is pure Consumer Protection stuff. Try signing up with one of these Internet pharmacies, finding out what therapy they recommend, then tell them you want the script forwarded to your local pharmacy.

Are the "doctors" involved providing appropriate follow-up care and monitoring? Of course not--that would take time away from money making. All they want to do is sell more drugs--and at rip-off prices.

Their "Medical History" is a joke. It is nothing but a java applet--and all are okayed.

I am intimately aware of an Internet pharmacy that induced permanent Type II diabetes in a "patient" by selling him high dose unmonitored HGH. BTW, this is an operation whose owner published that their so-called "Medical Director" "laughed at [my] treatment protocols". Another one did on another Board, too. As if.

Aro--Theirs were not "legit scripts".

I know of no Internet pharmacy which conducts itself with anything even approaching an ethical or legal basis. Were I on their "patient list" I would be very concerned, especially if I had a professional license of any sort to protect, or was a law enforcement officer myself.

Thats your opinion, but I beg to differ. I have used some of these internet pharmacies and had excellent care.

And there is Florida law stating that internet pharmacies can prescribe medication without seeing the patient in person as long as they make every effort to determine that the person attempting to obtain the medication has a medical need for the medicine and is the actual person. Obviously, this medication must be prescribed by a licensed U.S. medical doctor.

Last edited:
Internet *pharmacies*, not Internet *doctors*. Powermedia supposedly does both, but you need to consider each of the two seperate.

mranak said:
Internet *pharmacies*, not Internet *doctors*. Powermedia supposedly does both, but you need to consider each of the two seperate.
Yes, and I have used both with great service and great prices and great follow-up from a licensed US medical doctor. Just because a company with a store front/office decides to make a web page to bring in more business, it doesnt mean that they are a bad or illegal company. I will agree that most of them probably are crap, but to generalize is wrong. The person "generalizing" also has himself a web page.

Last edited:
tee said:
Yes, and I have used both with great service and great prices and great follow-up from a licensed US medical doctor. Just because a company with a store front/office decides to make a web page to bring in more business, it doesnt mean that they are a bad or illegal company. I will agree that most of them probably are crap, but to generalize is wrong. The person "generalizing" also has himself a web page.
You're right. SWALE for example used to take Internet patients and, while the patient was welcome to use whatever pharmacy they wanted, SWALE recommended a particular pharmacy from which he made no money. But SWALE had to discontinue seeing patients over the Internet without first seeing the patient and personally giving them a physican exam due to the laws stating said.

tee said:

Do you qualify for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), and are you only being prescribed test? I am not sure if already posted in here, but some of the drugs i find on these pharmacies lists i didn't even know were available in the US.

jcp2 said:
Do you qualify for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), and are you only being prescribed test? I am not sure if already posted in here, but some of the drugs i find on these pharmacies lists i didn't even know were available in the US.

Yes, I qualified for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), and was only prescribed test at the first HRT clinic I utilized. I am now using another HRT clinic and am prescribed test and deca. Swale can correct me if Im wrong, but I believe that test deca winstrol, anadrol, and several others can be prescribed by US physicians. I have never seen the prescribing doctor in person, but have talked to him on the phone. I had a registered nurse collect my blood and other pertinent information, then forward it to their clinic for review by their doctor. I can also call anytime I have a question regarding anything and speak to the rep. If he cannot clarify a problem I may have, I am welcome to speak with the doctor as well.

mranak said:
You're right. SWALE for example used to take Internet patients and, while the patient was welcome to use whatever pharmacy they wanted, SWALE recommended a particular pharmacy from which he made no money. But SWALE had to discontinue seeing patients over the Internet without first seeing the patient and personally giving them a physican exam due to the laws stating said.

I don't know what state he is in, but I do know that its not necessary for the doctor in Florida to see their client in person. That is probably why all these so called HRT clinics that are popping out everywhere are usually located in Florida. I wish I would have saved a copy of that case law when I read it. It could be, and probably wil be overturned because of companies abusing it.

As far as using any pharmacy I like, I havent asked my clinic about that. They have always just sent me the meds direct from the pharmacy they chose. It didn't really matter to me as long as it was quality stuff, legal, at a decent price and I got it.

Last edited:
tee said:
Yes, I qualified for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), and was only prescribed test at the first HRT clinic I utilized. I am now using another HRT clinic and am prescribed test and deca. Swale can correct me if Im wrong, but I believe that test deca winstrol, anadrol, and several others can be prescribed by US physicians. I have never seen the prescribing doctor in person, but have talked to him on the phone. I had a registered nurse collect my blood and other pertinent information, then forward it to their clinic for review by their doctor. I can also call anytime I have a question regarding anything and speak to the rep. If he cannot clarify a problem I may have, I am welcome to speak with the doctor as well.

See, i was under the impression that deca was not used in Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). So imo your doctor prescribing it, is basicallly abusing their powers to make money by prescribing steroids to bodybuilders. I would have to think by law this is illegal. Don't know though, just my thinking off the top of my head.

The body does not make Deca. The body does not make Winstrol (winny). The body does not make Oxandrin (Anavar). I have yet to see a blood test that indicated a Deca deficiency. Thus, these drugs have *nothing* to do with hormone *replacement* therapy.

Do these drugs have legitimate medical purposes? Yes. For example, Deca and Oxandrin are useful for patients with wasting diseases.

I agree with both of you, but it sure is nice having a legal prescription instead of having to worry about how I am going to cycle when I go on vacation, or if some bored fed decides to come after me like they did with my buddy for ordering a small amount of juice. The doctor will not prescribe amounts large enough to make you into a HUGE bodybuilder, but I never wanted to take large amounts anyways so it works great for me. I'm sure some politician with nothing better to do will eventually pass another horseshit law to make crystal clear that this type of therapy cannot be given out, but until then it works for me.

Oh, and according to the doc, he says it is legal to prescribe any of several hormones that are approved in the USA for hormone replacement therapy. If he is wrong, that is his worry, not mine.

I would rather all of you guys use human grade gear. I'm not going to argue that. On the other hand, some guys are going to these HRT clinics because they really do need help (often because they really do have low testosterone) and think that they are getting legitimate and healthy Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). Unfortunately, they are not. Part of the blame here also goes to everyday physicians and endos that refuse to treat low testosterone unless it is below range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back