DEA Bust Powermedica

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way I would go back (not that I used them anyways). I would not doubt if it was a sting operation.

agree. but they did operate with blood work just like any other HRT clinic, how would the consumer be at fault?

MPPM said:
agree. but they did operate with blood work just like any other HRT clinic, how would the consumer be at fault?
I'm not saying the consumer will be held accountable. I've seen a lot of older guys, many with low testosterone, go to those clinics thinking that the prescribed 'cycles' really are good for their health. Kind of like in this thread, which I'll summarize here:

(bulldog743)
"looked into a hormone therapy program, bought a 6 month program of 'test cypionate'"
"Starting with 250mgs. of test cyp..... for 10 weeks then hcg, then 10 weeks 350mgs..."
"taking 50 mgs pills of Teslac every other day starting week #2 (anti-estrogen)"

The only customers that might be in trouble are the higher profile ones. Like the police offers that got in trouble after it was found out they were customers of PowerMedica.

mranak said:
The only customers that might be in trouble are the higher profile ones. Like the police offers that got in trouble after it was found out they were customers of PowerMedica.

The cop clients got cleared departmentally and legally because they received "Legal" prescriptions on their end.

mranak said:
I have yet to see a blood test that indicated a Deca deficiency.

Strange.

That's exactly what my last blood test looked like.

mranak said:
Was that in the news? Reference?

My doc told me they had cleared the cops that were clients. Anyone a local in Florida that can find an article for us?

Last edited:
maxresults said:
are all these clinics so damn expensive? I was thinking about trying one out.

The plus is that you would have a legal prescription. The negative is they rape you badly on the prices. You also take a chance that your blood test wont come back within the low limits for testosterone. Then your out the cash you paid for that test and they wont help you out with a script.

After scouring the net for some article on whether the deputies were cleared for sure, I came up empty handed. I e-mailed the sheriff directly and asked him. We'll see if he bothers to write back.

Even after all the dialogue in this thread, it surprises me to still read people posting that the prescriptions from these operations are "legit". Once again, they are not. No physical exam has been performed, in the first place. That is a requirement to establish doctor/patient relationship. Second, there are no "legit" prescriptions for steroids, in absence of legitimate (to finally use that word appropriately) wasting disease. No ifs, no ands, no buts, no what "is" "is".

Just because you have a prescription from a doctor for steroids does not make it legal to possess them, as the original script was bogus.

If you want to do business with one of these charlatan Internet pharmacies, just plan that your information is going to end up in the hands of Law Enforcement.

I had a couple drinks with Tonya Scholtz, the former Director of Marketing for PowerMedica, last month in Chicago. She couldn't find a single good word to say about them. She also told me the operation had been transferred to a family member, who is planning on picking up where they left off.

Excellent Post Swale

so basically you're saying they closed up shop and reopened under a new name while there's most likely an on going investigation taking place. these people are greedy and foolish and are commiting suicide. although I still don't see how the consumer is in jeopardy.

SWALE said:
Even after all the dialogue in this thread, it surprises me to still read people posting that the prescriptions from these operations are "legit". Once again, they are not. No physical exam has been performed, in the first place. That is a requirement to establish doctor/patient relationship. Second, there are no "legit" prescriptions for steroids, in absence of legitimate (to finally use that word appropriately) wasting disease. No ifs, no ands, no buts, no what "is" "is".

Just because you have a prescription from a doctor for steroids does not make it legal to possess them, as the original script was bogus.

If you want to do business with one of these charlatan Internet pharmacies, just plan that your information is going to end up in the hands of Law Enforcement.

I had a couple drinks with Tonya Scholtz, the former Director of Marketing for PowerMedica, last month in Chicago. She couldn't find a single good word to say about them. She also told me the operation had been transferred to a family member, who is planning on picking up where they left off.

Swale,

Although you know quite a bit about this subject, it amazes me that you will not accept the fact that there is other "legit" clinics besides yours out there. I did have a doctor's visit prior to my prescription being filled. I have also done it with other companies that have sent nurses to my home for the physical testing and blood testing. I agree that Powermedica was a mess. They advertised in muscle mags which is a no no since Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) cannt be prescribed for muscle building. I have checked with federal and local law enforcement and they all state these prescriptions are 100% valid as far as the the consumer being held liable for anything illegal. The doctors on the other hand can and are being held liable for filling scripts without the proper testing. Not all of them, but some.

You really should stop judging all these doctors as one group, and bashing all these clinics that are helpful to many out there.

tee said:
Swale,

Although you know quite a bit about this subject, it amazes me that you will not accept the fact that there is other "legit" clinics besides yours out there. I did have a doctor's visit prior to my prescription being filled. I have also done it with other companies that have sent nurses to my home for the physical testing and blood testing.

You really should stop judging all these doctors as one group, and bashing all these clinics that are helpful to many out there.
Where is SWALE suggest that there aren't any legitimate clinics out there? If your clinic did a physicial examination for you (saw you in person) and is doing what they believe is best for your health (within the law), then they are legitimate.

Consider this: many guys use these clinics just to get their gear and then they use the gear how they want to. This means that they aren't taking the medication as prescribed. I don't know a whole lot about the prescription laws, but I would imagine that prescription medications are only to be used as prescribed.

Some guys go to these clinics and they literally believe that they are doing what is best for their health. They assume that the prescribing physician has their best interests in mind. In this case, I don't believe that the patient would be liable unless they knew that what they were doing was illegal.

Consider doctor shopping in order to get a bunch of prescriptions for pain meds. All of the prescriptions were written by an authorized physician, but the patient can here be held liable.

And nurses are not licensed to provide physical exams. They only take vitals. And prescribing testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) to a man over the age of forty without a Digital Rectal Exam is malpractice.

There are many, many legitimate medical clinics out there. In fact, we need ten times as many as we have. Unfortunately, these online charlatans are imposters, only too happy to exchange the health of their so-called "patients", for huge profits. Remember, I know this industry, inside and out.

BTW, I will continue to "bash" the charlatans until they are all either out of business, in prison, or both. They are ruining it for thjose of us who are legitimately trying to convert the conventional medical community into an appreciation for the prevalence and seriousness of the adult male hypogonadal state. And nothing these Internet "clinics" are doing has anything to do with real medicine.

mranak said:
Where is SWALE suggest that there aren't any legitimate clinics out there? If your clinic did a physicial examination for you (saw you in person) and is doing what they believe is best for your health (within the law), then they are legitimate.

Consider this: many guys use these clinics just to get their gear and then they use the gear how they want to. This means that they aren't taking the medication as prescribed. I don't know a whole lot about the prescription laws, but I would imagine that prescription medications are only to be used as prescribed.

Some guys go to these clinics and they literally believe that they are doing what is best for their health. They assume that the prescribing physician has their best interests in mind. In this case, I don't believe that the patient would be liable unless they knew that what they were doing was illegal.

Consider doctor shopping in order to get a bunch of prescriptions for pain meds. All of the prescriptions were written by an authorized physician, but the patient can here be held liable.

There is no law that you can be charged with for taking your prescription in a way that is not consistent with the way your doctor told you to take it or the label says. (Meaning taking more of it, less of it, etc). Doctor shopping though is illegal if the purchaser is utilizing several doctors to get "More" of whatever drug they are being prescribed. The only way to prove that though is to subpoena their medical records and have a judge allow them to be viewed. Even the guys that go to these clinics that are operating in a grey area of the law will not be prosecuted. Like I said, the doctors may, but they(clients) will not. If at some point in the future our government decides to waste even more tax dollars pursuing the evils of AAS, the purchasers they will go after will either be professional athletes or law enforcement officers. They want a person that would be a high profile case to enact their scare tactics on the public. Joe Smith citizen that is going to an HRT clinic to get Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) prescribed to them will never be charged with anything. He is not doing anything illegal.

Last edited:
SWALE said:
And nurses are not licensed to provide physical exams. They only take vitals. And prescribing testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) to a man over the age of forty without a Digital Rectal Exam is malpractice.

There are many, many legitimate medical clinics out there. In fact, we need ten times as many as we have. Unfortunately, these online charlatans are imposters, only too happy to exchange the health of their so-called "patients", for huge profits. Remember, I know this industry, inside and out.

BTW, I will continue to "bash" the charlatans until they are all either out of business, in prison, or both. They are ruining it for thjose of us who are legitimately trying to convert the conventional medical community into an appreciation for the prevalence and seriousness of the adult male hypogonadal state. And nothing these Internet "clinics" are doing has anything to do with real medicine.

Please post these laws or rules you speak of that do not allow nurses to conduct physical exams for their doctors and where it is stated that you cannot prescribe testosterone without a digital rectal exam. I highly doubt this to be true.

Where do you draw the line on who is a charlatan and who is a doctor of good standing and wants to help people? Like I mentioned before, just because they have a web site doesn't make them a quack. You have one. How are these chartlans ruining business for you? Is it so wrong that there is other doctors out there that want to help people maintain/grow muscle and burn fat? Just because our government thinks so doesnt mean that I do. I dont think government has any place in telling me what medication I can put into my body, nor do I believe that I should have to beg any doctor to give me meds. I have taken Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) for damn near 25+ years now. I have excellent blood levels, and am in excellent physical condition. I do not abuse steroids, but I do cycle them to maintain my physical stature. I believe in taking a higher dose that what a clinic like yours allows its patients, but there is nothing wrong with that in my book. I just don't understand why you think your the sole authority on HRT replacement and anyone that isn't associated with you is a charlatan? Is it jealousy or what?

Last edited:
tee said:
Is it so wrong that there is other doctors out there that want to help people maintain/grow muscle and burn fat? Just because our government thinks so doesnt mean that I do. I dont think government has any place in telling me what medication I can put into my body, nor do I believe that I should have to beg any doctor to give me meds.

I'm all about free will without having some authoritative body dictating what you can and can't take, wheather it be tobacco, hormones, narcotics, bubble gum, whatever. I'm with you 100% on that but Swale is pointing out the fact that there are outfits out there masking themselves as medical professionals whose lone objective is money while being disguised as patient care.

I favor decriminilization of all drugs and having the option of going to a true medical professional such as Swale. But until then let's call a spade a spade.

Last edited:
MPPM said:
I'm all about free will without having some authoritative body dictating what you can and can't take, wheather it be tobacco, hormones, narcotics, bubble gum, whatever. I'm with you 100% on that but Swale is pointing out the fact that there are outfits out there masking themselves as medical professionals whose loan objective is money while being disguised as patient care.

I favor decriminilization of all drugs and having the option of going to a true medical professional such as Swale. But until then let's call a spade a spade.

I agree 100%.

(This question was directed to SWALE, but I'm relying anyway because I want to)
tee said:
Please post these laws or rules you speak of that do not allow nurses to conduct physical exams for their doctors and where it is stated that you cannot prescribe testosterone without a digital rectal exam. I highly doubt this to be true.
They are state laws, which vary by state but are similar to each other.

Basically, the prescribing physician must give the patient a physician examination prior to prescribing them medication. One exception is physicians that work in the same office together (one physician can do the examination but another can prescribe the medication). Also, nurse practitioners are allowed to prescribe drugs in many states and they would obviously not fall under the 'nurse' category mentioned by SWALE as they are the practitioner in that case. Psychiatrists are exempt as well. Then there are lots of other details (like this is a situation that I didn't know about until just now).

tee said:
Where do you draw the line on who is a charlatan and who is a doctor of good standing and wants to help people?
That's easy for me to decide. If the practitioner is upholding their oath, then they are not a charlatan. If I'm not mistaken, this oath includes:

I will practice my profession with conscience and dignity; the health of my patient will be my first consideration;

Also, when the physician and that pharmacy are one in the same, and the physician refuses to allow their patients to use any pharmacy other than their own, that's a pretty good indication that you are dealing with a charlatan.
tee said:
Like I mentioned before, just because they have a web site doesn't make them a quack. You have one. How are these chartlans ruining business for you? Is it so wrong that there is other doctors out there that want to help people maintain/grow muscle and burn fat?

It isn't about the website itself. But the charlatans tend to like the websites because it allows them to bring in even more money.

tee said:
Just because our government thinks so doesnt mean that I do. I dont think government has any place in telling me what medication I can put into my body, nor do I believe that I should have to beg any doctor to give me meds.
I think that many of us prefer a less intrusive government. But our individual perspectives do not change the law.
tee said:
I have taken Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) for damn near 25+ years now. I have excellent blood levels, and am in excellent physical condition. I do not abuse steroids, but I do cycle them to maintain my physical stature. I believe in taking a higher dose that what a clinic like yours allows its patients, but there is nothing wrong with that in my book. I just don't understand why you think your the sole authority on HRT replacement and anyone that isn't associated with you is a charlatan? Is it jealousy or what?
AAS cycles are not good for your health. Good health is much more than appearance and simple blood tests. And blood test doesn't tell us everything that is going on within the body. That's great that you are getting bloodwork done and putting some emphasis on your health, but don't fool yourself that you are more health because of the AAS. A noteably exception is people with legitimate wasting diseases. However, even these people shouldn't do Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) 'cycles' with large amounts of steroids.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back