Diet and cutting?

frenchy121

Ladies!
I'm new to this, please advise :)
Looking to strip fat, I seem to carry it around the mid section I hate it!
I train at 6am hard and heavy, currently on split routine,6 days a week 3x HIIT.

26 year old female, 5"5, 58kilos, 20%bf

Diet:shake after training
Meal 1:6 egg whites with turkey bacon
Meal 2: shake and strawberries
Meal 3: chicken breast/sweet potato
Meal 4: tuna/brown pasta with leaves
Meal 5: turkey steaks/green veg

Was considering clen but got bad headaches from t3 and clen will do the same- ordered some n2slin heard nothing but good reviews and no sides...

Help needed and constructive criticism

Ladies!
I'm new to this, please advise :)
Looking to strip fat, I seem to carry it around the mid section I hate it!
I train at 6am hard and heavy, currently on split routine,6 days a week 3x HIIT.

26 year old female, 5"5, 58kilos, 20%bf

Diet:shake after training
Meal 1:6 egg whites with turkey bacon
Meal 2: shake and strawberries
Meal 3: chicken breast/sweet potato
Meal 4: tuna/brown pasta with leaves
Meal 5: turkey steaks/green veg

Was considering clen but got bad headaches from t3 and clen will do the same- ordered some n2slin heard nothing but good reviews and no sides...

Help needed and constructive criticism

Hi Frenchy121,

Based on your stats your TDEE is 2117 cals, you want to stay 500 cals below for fat loss.
I suggest you go to fitday.com & input your diet there to see how many cals your really eating right now, doesn't seem like much from what you posted. Remember not eating enough can lower your metabolism. so you have to eat enough in order to loose weight.

Fat around the abdomen can definitely be stubborn, for me I find that doing HIIT cardio 2-3 times a week and changing my cardio routine the other 2 days works best.
I used to do the same type of cardio pretty much all 5 days, Then started changing the routine I stared seeing the results I was looking for.
I now do HIIT (2-3 X a week), and the other days reg cardio,
Jump rope 10 min before cardio, sprints, swiming.

How long have u been doing your routine ?
To burn fat, you need to change your routine every 4 to 8 weeks, our bodies are very adaptable, even with cardio you need to change it up & challange your body.

Diet is really at least 70 % of it thou, if your diet is not where it should be u won't see the reults your looking for.

Need2slin is a good product, I ran it for 8 weeks & really liked it.

Good luck to u~

Last edited:
Hi

I work out from my plan I'm eating quite a bit under 2000 Cals. I'm aware we adapt, and I do change my workouts every 6 weeks, well my weight training! There is only so much u can do inthe gym with cardio, I got early before work as dont get a chance to do anything after work. I'm gonna try a carb cycle, 2 days heavy carbs,3 moderate and two low so just carbs for breakfast. Any cardio routines at all that you think I should try, any examples?

Hi

I work out from my plan I'm eating quite a bit under 2000 Cals. I'm aware we adapt, and I do change my workouts every 6 weeks, well my weight training! There is only so much u can do inthe gym with cardio, I got early before work as dont get a chance to do anything after work. I'm gonna try a carb cycle, 2 days heavy carbs,3 moderate and two low so just carbs for breakfast. Any cardio routines at all that you think I should try, any examples?

Carb cycling can be very effective, for me it is. Just make sure your eating enough though, remember you want to keep you metabolism working and not slow it down.

In the gym u could do, stationary bike, threadmill, elliptical, ladder climbers, high intensity aerobics.

I do jump rope for like 10 min before my cardio, it gets my heart rate up & gives my routine a boost.
If you do elleptical, make sure you change the settings, do incline intervals for a few minutes, followed by a lower incline.

Circuit training. Whether you're running on the treadmill, on the stationary bike, or elliptical, if you incorporate circuit training you will see great results.
Throw in a series of push-ups, sit-ups, squats, crunches and other resistance exercises every 8 to 10 minutes of your cardio routine and you'll get much more out of your workout.
I love circuit training, it's high intensity & I honestly get bored by just jogging or walking on the treadmill.

As far as the treadmill u could do (LSD) cardio (steady rate cardio) 1 or 2 days of the week, and incorporate a circuit training routine.

and do Interval training the other 2 days.

Last edited:
Cool yep I may add the resistance in-between and that from tomorrow and just hit HIIT once a week.. Trust me I can't just do a long boring run either, treadmill is my fav though. On my cardio days I also do abs so usually 45 mins cardio and 30 mins abs.. That's all. Have time for before work.

Another question I've ordered n2slin and alpha t2 - have you stacked these before? T3 gives me BAD headaches so thought I would stick to the safer stuff!

I worked out in my diet I'm consuming 1600 calories. Currently 48%is protein 42% is carbs and 10% is fat. So 18 grams fat 166 grams carbs and 182 grams of protein. How does this look? I'm thinking of doing a high carb day for 2 days, moderate for 3 and low for 2 days? Those stats are based on high carb day so carbs with each meal.

:)

Hi,

IMO your fat intake is quite low, you need fat even when trying to cut fat. Hopefully you're keeping yourself hydrated with plenty of water. One thing I'd add is a lot of people put a lot of thought into the training bit, but the rest of the day is numerous hrs where you can make adjustments that aid in burning calories. Stand instead of sit, jog/run instead of walk, take stairs instead of lift, take two steps upstairs instead of one, be inefficient with your daily activities. Eg: if you need to carry the laundry upstairs and you normally try to do it all in one go, make extra trips. Go window shopping in your lunch break...I can think up loads. Being generally active aside from your workouts can make a big difference to your body composition - coupled with the diet and training you'll see great changes :)

I agree with D, you def need to increase your healthy fats. This can be accomplished by taking krill/fish oil ( I use RLS Krill-TS)and using olive to cook with or drizzling some on your meals. Since this will increase your daily intake of calories you can drop your carbs a bit too.Dropping carbs always flattens out my stomach over a few weeks.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, really do appreciate the feedback and help.

I thought my fat was to low, I will get some fish oils, I used to use one, a good one.

I'm just gonna try high card, moderate carb and low carb days and see how i go, maybe a cheat meal every two weeks. I have a desk job :-( but im pretty active, i walk every evening for an hour with my dog.

I was advised by a bodybuilder friend, that cardio is good keeping your heart rate at 130- keeping it there for 40-60 mins while doing cardio, well that's what he does, although i may do as said above, do some circuit cardio for 4 weeks or so to see if any difference is made.

Still waiting for my N2slin and alpha t2.

Im going to try the carb cycye thing for another 3 weeks, then maybe hit ketosis just for a week to sshock the body, good move or bad ove? All trial and error really.. i want abs, don't think i'll ever get them though!!!

You could also have 3J take a look at your diet to help you tweak it, but the others that responded gave you solid advice.

You'll find that when it comes to training, especially cardio, a lot of bodybuilders will favour cardio at a long slow pace in order to preserve muscle. If you're not a bodybuilder and not aiming to compete, a tiny bit of muscle loss is no big deal in my mind. Mix up the cardio and see what works for you. Variety is easier anyway unless you know definitively the LSD works for you over anything else. Don't overthink things either. Keep it simple. Also in your food prep are you using sauces? Extra butter or oil for cooking food in? That adds to calories too and you may well not be counting that in your daily intake? Do you drink juices or sodas too? All that adds up also. Coffee/tea with milk.. How rigid are you with your diet and how well do you measure to come up with your calorie intake? Just trying to determine if you really are making the right choices because it needn't be complicated at all.

Good luck.

I worked out in my diet I'm consuming 1600 calories. Currently 48%is protein 42% is carbs and 10% is fat. So 18 grams fat 166 grams carbs and 182 grams of protein. How does this look? I'm thinking of doing a high carb day for 2 days, moderate for 3 and low for 2 days? Those stats are based on high carb day so carbs with each meal.

:)

Good advise Detour :)

I also think your diet needs a higher fat content, fats are an essential dietary element, You must eat fat in order to metabolize body fat.
When your fat is so low, you end up replacing it with something else, like carbs. Which is not a god idea if trying to loose fat.
So I would raise your fat and lower your carbs, I usually do a 50/20/30 and it works well for me.
When not carb cycling.

Yeah it is a case of experimenting. I don't use sauces, butter or anything, only 1 tbl spoon olive oil with eggs. I don't drink tea or coffee, so don't have milk- only have green tea. For my fat i could have a tea spoon peanut butter.. that also keeps my sweet cravings away!

You may want to check out the diet section, but you may benefit from a low carb type diet (atkins, keto, etc...). You need essential fatty acids no matter what diet, very limited saturated fats.

Hi

I'm on carb cycle. 11 days in and sticking to it. I do 2 days high carbs so with each meal- usually sat and sun as I train the longest these days.. 3 days moderate carbs so 2 meals am, then 2 days low carbs so only a carb meal for breakfast after training. Every 3rd or 4th week im going to go into ketosis for a week to shock my body- I tried keto before, found it very hard to do to be honest, because no carbs until the friday eve, my sweet cravings were awful :( That's why Im doing keto every 3 - weeks.. what do you think?? I have to give this time, couple of months to see if I get results.. I chucked a kettlebell into my cardio routine today, started to spice things up haha :)

Hi

I'm on carb cycle. 11 days in and sticking to it. I do 2 days high carbs so with each meal- usually sat and sun as I train the longest these days.. 3 days moderate carbs so 2 meals am, then 2 days low carbs so only a carb meal for breakfast after training. Every 3rd or 4th week im going to go into ketosis for a week to shock my body- I tried keto before, found it very hard to do to be honest, because no carbs until the friday eve, my sweet cravings were awful :( That's why Im doing keto every 3 - weeks.. what do you think?? I have to give this time, couple of months to see if I get results.. I chucked a kettlebell into my cardio routine today, started to spice things up haha :)

I love the Kettlenell, works up a good sweat, just give it time Frenchy, stick to the carb cycling diet & see what results u get with that.
It's all about experimenting and finding what works for u :)

Yep I need to stick to it, I think any eating plan you have to give at least a couple of months to see change. Started aplha t2 today, thought i would give it a go, clen would be my last resort, stomach fat is such a bastard to shift!!! Maybe it's just the way Iam?????

Yep I need to stick to it, I think any eating plan you have to give at least a couple of months to see change. Started aplha t2 today, thought i would give it a go, clen would be my last resort, stomach fat is such a bastard to shift!!! Maybe it's just the way Iam?????

:agreed:
Yes it is !!!!!, for me it's been the hardest fat to loose. But I tell u it's all diet, abs are really made in the kitchen...
Don't worry give it time & I'm sure you'll start seeing results.
Take Care & keep us updated~
:wavey:

It's just on lower abs I'm very paranoid, bit round sides as well, but can see my ribs from from and back, I'm not a fatty lol... I just will not go... Just had my cheat meal :)) after 2 weeks of being flat out strict and clean.. bloated me, but well worth it.. fish and chips, mwah x

It's just on lower abs I'm very paranoid, bit round sides as well, but can see my ribs from from and back, I'm not a fatty lol... I just will not go... Just had my cheat meal :)) after 2 weeks of being flat out strict and clean.. bloated me, but well worth it.. fish and chips, mwah x

I hear ya Girl :)
Glad u enjoyed your cheat meal, Love fish & chips :spin:

U know what I find works really well for my lower abs is:

Decline Reverse crunches
(I looove doing these)

Excercise ball rollout (is really good too)

Standing pelvic tilts

Hip raise/leg raises

(I do a few others too, but these I my favs)

Best thing to do imo is a combination of these, I do at least 3 types with little rest time, I do 30 sec of each and change to the next & repeat at least 3 times.

After doing these for about a month I have lost an inch and a half in my waist.
went from a 28 inch waist to a bit over 26 inches. The lower abs are actually showing now, so I'm pretty pleased.

Back