Epileptic on TRT personal journal

I think I'll be ok. I'm not religious in any sort of way but have always carried a faith everything will work out. I have bad things. ut I am on the good side of those things a majority of the time.

While I didnt have the best results on the WADA test since my speech and memory are split I have good function on both sides. For a perfect scenario I wouldn't have remembered anything from my right side being put to sleep since the surgery will be on my left side.

Myc will be back. I might not write such long posts and have a hard time searching for words but being able to read back in a thread compensates for my memory. In conversations I literally forget what the conversation is/was even about and basically pick up by listening to what the other person is saying. I have to reread my posts a lot because I've forgotten what I was even talking about.

Regardless of the outcome TRT changed my life and health for the better. Even of my memory is messed up I will remember what I already know and remember so I'll know my TRT and the thongs I know about all the things I've really cared about learning about.

On a TRT note my SHBG is high off my last test. It's been pretty high every test. I've been thinking some UGL proviron to lower it. Googled lowering SHBG and came across this very small study. Could be hard on my liver long term even at small doses. I've found no info on small doses a couple times a week or something. One forum said to just use more testosterone until it comes down. I was at 1500 TT and free T as well as estrogen that were double the range and it was still on the high side of the scale.

Abstract from the article

"""Sex hormone-binding globulin changes with androgen replacement.

Plymate SR, et al. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1983.

Show full citation

Abstract

Since sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) levels are often elevated in sera of patients with testicular insufficiency, it is important to determine whether SHBG declines into the normal range and the extent of change in free testosterone (free T) after androgen administration. Five normal men and five patients with Klinefelter's syndrome were studied before and after the administration of testosterone enanthate (200 mg, im every 2 weeks). An additional five normal men and five patients with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (HH) were treated with hCG (2000 U, three times a week). Three months after the administration of T or hCG, serum total and free T increased in both normal men and patients. Free T increased significantly in the Klinefelter's and HH patients from 94 +/- 20 and 14 +/- 5 pg/ml, respectively, to 271 +/- 50 and 276 +/- 41 pg/ml (P less than 0.01; P less than 0.001). The increase in the normal men treated with T or hCG was also significant (from 211 +/- 52 and 220 +/- 37 pg/ml to 390 +/- 83 and 330 +/- 90 pg/ml). SHBG fell in both the T-treated normal men (from 6.5 +/- 1.2 ng dihydrotestosterone bound/ml to 4.3 +/- 0.4; P less than 0.02) and the T-treated Klinefelter's patients (from 16.4 +/- 2 to 4.3 +/- 0.5; P less than 0.01). However, it was unchanged in the hCG-treated HH patients and rose in the hCG-treated normal men (from 6.6 +/- 0.7 to 8.6 +/- 1.0; P less than 0.05). This study demonstrates that treatment of hypogonadal men with T and hCG in the doses used increased free T levels above the basal levels for normal men. However, the effects of the increase in free T, as determined by a change in SHBG, were different depending upon the type of treatment.""""

Not sure of its relevance but I use both test and HCG. I also have the elevated aromatase and aromatozation so diving into elevated estrogen and SHBG is something I'll be doing.

I might also try to get moved to letro from asin. Having a history of constantly upping doses of drugs I'm very tempted to go with a more aggressive AI rather than run higher doses of Asin or Adex. Adex led to some pretty hard rebounds after missed doses and my asin dose is pretty high it seems. about 60-70 mg wk.

"natty"/pre-trt I had a TT in the mid to upper 300 ng/dL and lower 400s. Estrogen was at the top of the range with sore tits. Based off math my trough TT should be 500 maybe 600 but I had nipple soreness going from 80mg up to 100mg wk Test c.

Hopefully I'll get another endo pull out of the VA with the new dose.

I got switched over from asin to letro about 4 weeks ago now. A cold turkey swap. Went from 70mg asin to 1.25mg letro once a week. Nipple sensations are less. They were never severe but noticable and went with the curve of my injection schedule. Now the day before my next 1.25mg letro I can see a slight puffiness and have increased sensitivity. Never felt a crash/joint pain/loss of erections or any signs the sudden swap took my estrogen to low or the letro crashed me. I did go through a couple days of pissing more often than usual and my weight has dropped a couple pounds and I'm staying below 170.

Climaxing is easier and more intense! Libido is low compared to the past but good. Erections are strong. Stress of surgery and the burden of doctors appointments, gas money taking a bite out of the budget and planning for 10-14 day stay has definitely upped stress and leaves a very large future financial issue since my wife will not have lodging or food provided. I've thought of skipping house payments and have even went as far as talking with my bank about it. My slightly lower libido is more than likely stress related. I think about sex and have fantasies a couple times a day but they are very short and I haven't had to self relieve myself which was usually daily regardless of sex. I find my wife incredibly hot so I could easily get caught up thinking about sex and have to go choke the chicken just to get rid of the boner. haha

Unintentionally I have actually been taking 120mg test a week. One math mistake repeatedly basically. To save money my HCG was cut in half and I take 500 iu once a wk. I have been taking my HCG 4 days after the letro. Letro stops aromatase in all body tissues and I know estrogen is created inside the testicles with HCG stimulation. I've noticed some shrinking.

I haven't had detailed labs in a long time and am using TT and personal experience/how I feel for a shadowy dialing in. I know I have increased aromatase and my SHBG was high when it was last checked so I'm unsure of my actual free T or actual estrogen level.

I am basically surviving till my post surgery recovery period to be over and will ask the VA to run them again or go to privatemedlabs for a female panel. It's a decent drive, which I cant do by myself, so in the big picture of my small personal situation it's just time and money I dont have.

All in all everything it good and still maintain TRT has still changed my life for the better. I've thought about some UGL proviron to help with SHBG and such. ut have found very little info on using it like that in TRT and the liver burden of things is always in my head with my medications burden and whatever burden the hydrolysis of test esters add. My levels have always been good but I only get one liver and I'll be on my meds for bo less than 2 more years and more than likely the rest of my life at some dosage.

I'm intrigued by the easier climaxing and more intensity. Have you seen anywhere information about asin vs letro regarding this?

No. Before the switch I googled letro and epilepsy just to see if anything about increasing seizures came up and found studies involving epileptics with no seizires and increased levels across the board for androgen production.

My hypothesis is I was running higher estrogen before and also lower test since I was running a lower dose. I think I have a higher free T and lower estrogen so I'm closer to my range.

On lower doses of asin and the lower test with more nipple sensations I had to put in work and concentrate pretty hard to climax and it was pretty weak. Sometimes it was almost like an incomplete climax and it almost felt Iike I didnt . . . .completely empty the magazine . . .? Hard to explain.

I think I will have to discuss dosing. Like a longer estered test I think I've slowly lowered my E below what I need. I originally lost weight starting letro amd then went back up amd even a couple pounds above pre letro. I've since dropped back down. A couple times my letro dose has landed between shots/peaks.

4 days ago I had what would kinda be a "roid rage" experience with the dope house next door. The usual irritating traffick just clicked something and I walked over to the house. the renter was sleeping amd I asked this younger 18 year old girl to go wake him up. I could hear him yelling and got even more "bout it bout it.". Not necessarily a swing on site feeling but it's as close as I've came to going against the "non aggression principle" as I have in years. I recently stood between a deunk dude calling my wife a bitch and just tried to return the situation to peaceful. Anyway . . . the girl came back to the door and meekly told me "he said make and appointment" and I took a step forward to just walk in the house but stopped myself. Logical mind kicked in thank god and that's just an extra charge or 3. The abstract immediate thought was to go to his room and say "Walk in appointment mf!" and commence to kick his ass in his own bed. Luckily I didn't and I stayed outside and started yelling over the top of her head and through the open door. He came out acting tough about "yelling at his daughter" while standing behind her and I pointed right in his face and screamed "I fucking talking to you". He immediately leaned back into a less aggressive stance and said "I'll deal with you later" which pushed me even further. I Threw my hands up and said "deal with me now" and included a long yelling rant about him being a dope boy punk and I'd beat hair back onto his bitch ass bald head and he closed the door. I continued to scream insults and invitations to "come deal with me" until wife got me to come home. I stood in my doorway waiting and as soon as he left his driveway I walked to the end of my driveway and as soon as he opened the passenger window I was right where I left off. As usual he had back tracked and was trying to act confused and asking what happened like he didn't know and I just lost it again amd repeatedly told him it was time to get out and deal with me, come on and deal with "boy". More insults. He said something and I told him to shut up and get the fuk out and started screaming at him names and insulting him. This is VERY out of character for me. I'm usually calm and just matter of fact. Not that I'm some bad ass but I'm comfortable with a certain degree of violence and have lost fights so it will be what it will be. I'm not really concerned. It quickly ended with my level of aggression, yelling and leaning in the passenger window and with him threatening me "wait till his friend got home later and he would be back". . . . . . .well . . . . wrong day, wrong dude and wrong house. Bringing people to my house to attack me forces me to defend my home and children. I now have to defend everything that matters to me. I strategically placed baseball bats around for different scenarios of where I could be like in the bed of the truck, by the front door and one by our garage door and even loaded one of the kids .22 squirrel rifles just incase that's the level of violence they thought they were gonna push.

Cops got called over the threat because it's a situation where I feel as the type of man I am that's an all bets are off we are officially in the land of violence and win at all cost.

Cops came, talked to us both, learned they are all over the cops radar. Nothing happened except the 6-10 junkyard ready cars staying for 3 minutes quit driving by 45mph in a 20 and the guy living in the camper out front made about 6 trips in and out that night. I've been to his door about 4 times but this was different. I haven't felt such deep rage and emotion in a long time amd definitely havent displayed those actions since I was about 15 yrs old.

Over the course of the day my back hurt, no libido and my knees ached badly. Weighing in I was down weight. My knuckles, back hands and ankles were all popping and crackling and I didn't drink a single glass of water but continued to piss.

Without doctors advice or notice I skipped the letro thay day so put 7 days between doses and took it with my injection.

I also inspected the testicles and they seem slightly larger and I can really feel the . . . . seminal vesicle . . . the tube on/along the testicle but not the launch tube going up to the penis. I've been taking 1/2 my HCG dose but size is on par and possibly larger.

I really wish I had the time and money for detailed labs to see real levels. I got enough to last past surgery and can get labs. Until then I think I know 1.25mg letro every 6 days is a touch to much. Looking back after the incident I had been popping my back which had basically went away for a couple days prior and morning erections were softer.

I'm now deciding on pushing 1/4 tab on injection days or the same 1.25mg but trying every 7-8 days.

I also think I'll be getting the 1k iu HCG per wk back in.

Wife surprised me with a quicky today and it was all good.

It seems incidental and possibly coincidence but I've been through a lot of mental shifts with epilepsy medications and I was "off".

I still like letro over asin and if need be would go back to asin over adex but my plan and hope is to remain on letro amd figure out dosage and timing.

I still dont have the libido of pre epilepsy meds, not nearly as many erections throughout the day and definitely not as motivated but I still maintain TRT was and is keeping me healthier and improving quality of life.

I'm going to try and see if I can talk with a VA neuroendocrine doc durong my long term invasive EEG pre surgery about my side effects from the meds (wont be stopped for at least a couple years, if ever) and experience with TRT and get it scripted through them for free. Then labs will be free as well!!!

Last edited:
So I've had my hippocampus, amygdala and a part very close to/part of my temporal lobe removed. The section removed is named differently because it's like a connection/communication/transitional area removed from my left brain side.

I had an internal EEG applied which is basically a wrap around the brain that has small needles to specifically measure brain electrical activity. It is supposed to be very specific measurments and also has the possibility of different things when someone goes through the test such as weird things like sending electricity into the brain. That can cause us to male noises, laugh, body movements amd stuff.

I spent about 6 days completely off my epilepsy meds, something implanted onto my brain, inside that pic area, with 24 hour a day cameras, microphones as well as an actual human in my room. The human is because under seizures we can start pulling on the wires (go inside the head!!!) and need someone there. Also there are chest patches to track the heart, breathing and other stuff

I had seizure activity as well as a kind of weird brain activity. Basically running out of cycle and off normal. Not good, sending out problems and possibly effecting me.

So now I do actually feel better in a way but have changed. I'm in a better attitude in general and have some "dont give a shit" type attitude or general feeling which actually helps me and my interactions with the family (wife and kids).

I haven't got some words during talking and in general. I dont remember some words but it is really amazing to not know the word about what I feel/think/thinking about/see/want ect but I still know. I forgot Donald Trump's name but knew all about him. I've forgotten words like "sarcastic" or "enjoy/enjoyed/enjoyment" so sometimes explaining how I feel and/or any talking is weird and can be hard.

Generally my memory is all still there. I think I have a slightly less affecting general memory loss during a day.

I do feel like I have been "reset" or my "computer system" or something. It is a very sudden change while still feeling like the same person. I'm becoming myself again in a way. I spent about 11 days in the hospital. 8 days with the internal EEG on my brain, on cameras, on microphones, carrying a purse thats wired to my head amd then connected to the wall with a LONG phone cord all with someone in my room 24 hrs a day everyday . . .blah!

As of now I'm some time into 6 weeks of doing nothing and lifting nothing over 10-15lbs for 6 weeks. After that I will be recovering physically (brain doesnt feel pain but can be screwed up), mentally (actual brain healing and new function how I read, think) and emotionally. From what docs said many come out in bad moods. I've come out in a good mood, less irritated, tend not to get mad but have felt my potential for violence to possibly be higher.

I got a while before physical labor potential and stuff like lifting and stuff. See how things will be and what they do in the end. I am techni9still waiting to see if I have seizures and then run down the doses testing to see if I can possibly not need meds because I'm seizure free or find out the that I will still need to take meds.

I could also possibly have seizures and then who knows what!!

Here's a pic of my scar.

View attachment 567830

Last edited:
I've tried many times to get that correctly positioned which includes reshaping it and rotating it on my phone over and over. If an admin could possibly readjust that you would be amazing!!!!!!!

So I've had my hippocampus, amygdala and a part very close to/part of my temporal lobe removed. The section removed is named differently because it's like a connection/communication/transitional area removed from my left brain side.

I had an internal EEG applied which is basically a wrap around the brain that has small needles to specifically measure brain electrical activity. It is supposed to be very specific measurments and also has the possibility of different things when someone goes through the test such as weird things like sending electricity into the brain. That can cause us to male noises, laugh, body movements amd stuff.

I spent about 6 days completely off my epilepsy meds, something implanted onto my brain, inside that pic area, with 24 hour a day cameras, microphones as well as an actual human in my room. The human is because under seizures we can start pulling on the wires (go inside the head!!!) and need someone there. Also there are chest patches to track the heart, breathing and other stuff

I had seizure activity as well as a kind of weird brain activity. Basically running out of cycle and off normal. Not good, sending out problems and possibly effecting me.

So now I do actually feel better in a way but have changed. I'm in a better attitude in general and have some "dont give a shit" type attitude or general feeling which actually helps me and my interactions with the family (wife and kids).

I haven't got some words during talking and in general. I dont remember some words but it is really amazing to not know the word about what I feel/think/thinking about/see/want ect but I still know. I forgot Donald Trump's name but knew all about him. I've forgotten words like "sarcastic" or "enjoy/enjoyed/enjoyment" so sometimes explaining how I feel and/or any talking is weird and can be hard.

Generally my memory is all still there. I think I have a slightly less affecting general memory loss during a day.

I do feel like I have been "reset" or my "computer system" or something. It is a very sudden change while still feeling like the same person. I'm becoming myself again in a way. I spent about 11 days in the hospital. 8 days with the internal EEG on my brain, on cameras, on microphones, carrying a purse thats wired to my head amd then connected to the wall with a LONG phone cord all with someone in my room 24 hrs a day everyday . . .blah!

As of now I'm some time into 6 weeks of doing nothing and lifting nothing over 10-15lbs for 6 weeks. After that I will be recovering physically (brain doesnt feel pain but can be screwed up), mentally (actual brain healing and new function how I read, think) and emotionally. From what docs said many come out in bad moods. I've come out in a good mood, less irritated, tend not to get mad but have felt my potential for violence to possibly be higher.

I got a while before physical labor potential and stuff like lifting and stuff. See how things will be and what they do in the end. I am techni9still waiting to see if I have seizures and then run down the doses testing to see if I can possibly not need meds because I'm seizure free or find out the that I will still need to take meds.

I could also possibly have seizures and then who knows what!!

Here's a pic of my scar.

View attachment 567830

damn boy, your like the bionic man, internal eeg reader in your brain. sorry that you have to go through this man. hope you continue to get well and on with life.

I've tried many times to get that correctly positioned which includes reshaping it and rotating it on my phone over and over. If an admin could possibly readjust that you would be amazing!!!!!!!

we cant do anything about this, its all about how you originally took the pic. which is upside down. you took the pic with the camera upside down.
edit the pic to go upside down in your phone, save, then upload again, should be straight then.

damn boy, your like the bionic man, internal eeg reader in your brain. sorry that you have to go through this man. hope you continue to get well and on with life.

I had that internal EEG removed when I went through the brain surgery. So far so good!! I've ended up on the good side of things from the very beginning. Its essentially ruined my life and dropped me to a dude who is at home all day and can do laundry but my seizures ain't that bad. Worst type stuff being riding a pontoon boat with the family and then the fact I was sweating and it was hot causing me to suddenly turn pail, feel sick and have mental differences like what I'm thinking about and speaking amd eventually having my seizures that night or the next day.

As of this surgery I'm on the best side as far as mood changing and language loss. No infections. Can still get my TRT done myself and remember the old me basically.

I have upto a year before I can really get HARD working to see how it goes.

we cant do anything about this, its all about how you originally took the pic. which is upside down. you took the pic with the camera upside down.
edit the pic to go upside down in your phone, save, then upload again, should be straight then.

I'll try and get at it again. Thanks for the advice!!

Well as my brain is healing and Im going through the 6-12 month time of healing. Weird things can happen and changes to "who I am", amd how I feel. I've now had a type of falling in my life. My happiness is still around but saddness, fear and the loss in my creation of memory is becoming better understood amd seen.

I am seizure free so far which is great!!!!!

If I dont make my wife happy or fail to do things good and look at my limited access I fall into very sad mind frames that will last hours. Several times a day I have a very deep saddness kick in and have no reasons really. I've been labeled with depression based off doctors tests in the past and their questions so I could possibly be actually feeling it now with the brain surgery, or it could possibly be from the brain surgery. A feeling of saddness is around about 75% of the time. Lots of "dual feeling" times. I can feel happiness and also what I would call "under saddness".

I also have a feeling of "fear" that has sprang into existence and varies. It's a sense of fear for people/positions that aint stopping what they are doing. I guess police/troops/criminals type fear is my best describing.

Another thing that happened is my sex drive is down in a way amd so are hard ones. I think about sex, my wife is still sexy and I like looking at her, can have sex, but in general I am not very sexual and dont get hard unless it is actual sex time.

Life is different for sure. In general I'm happier, less aggressive mentally and have been less strict to the kids. House life seems better but it is definitely different and has its problems.

Now away from the house I feel like I'm back in Iraq to varying degrees. Not so good but it is what it is.

Strangely I have had a loss of libido. I still find wife attractive and sexy. I still will look at her bend over and love watching her get dressed after a shower but the attraction and sexual feelong/thoughts and drive are pretty much gone.

I can get hard but it takes a longer time, doesnt happen any other time and did have an erection failure. My organisms are different. Much longer but more intense in the finally and I actually like them better. Better O'z fo sho!

My memory is definitely lower. That's not so good.

I have been having bad sleep. Waking very early in the morning to very strange dreams and feeling the type of fear. I'm getting about 5-6 hours of sleep and begin waking to my dreams about 4am. From there its 30-35 minute cycles of sleep and being woken by the dreams. I've had sleep sweat and twit thing for years. I've also had very strange dreams for years. I've also quit taking naps and dont feel the intensity of tiredness during the day.

My working has improved. Well . . .doing things. I still cant work and am not sure how that will go with the feeling I have leaving the house.

While that sounds bad I do in general live a happier life. A better life. My work intensity is getting raised and I'm pushing myself harder amd harder. I am slower tho. I also end up mixing tasks because of memory.

I am the same me but also a different me. Many emotions have returned so life is different for sure. I'm still pretty much anger free which is excellent!

I have been off my HCG because I continue to battle the increased aromatase and estrogen levels because sore nipples are NOT wanted or needed. For some reason HCG has always created nipple sensations but I'm also taking higher AIs. Possibly increasing my AI dose and reintroducing HCG soon. I never did get good test/e levels but being within range I was still limp with sore tits so I'm going to try amd push for increased AI, restart HCG and even possibly increased T dosage. I also have increased SHBG so that can be my problem.

All is good except the low sex drive and erections. As of now I'm working on "recovery" and increasing my activity and "work" daily. My quality of life is improving but it isnt "free". My lower long term memory creation is very strange, saddening sometimes and a situation that's changed my life.

By summer I hope to be working hard "man style" and hopefully even working out again.

CBC With Differential/Platelet

WBC 9.65 NORMAL
RBC 5.48 NORMAL
Hemoglobin 16.5 NORMAL
Hematocrit 51.7 NORMAL
MCV 94.3 NORMAL
MCH 30.1 NORMAL

MCHC 31.9 LOW range 32.3-36.5 gm/dL 01

RDW 12.2 NORMAL
Platelets 243 NORMAL
Neutrophils 57.0 NORMAL
Lymphs 29.9 NORMAL