Epileptic on TRT personal journal

Really enjoy this thread. Tons of info

I've been told I give to much information a lot in my life!

I feel an obligation to put my experience out there. Epilepsy and the meds almost ***ned my life. If my wife didnt love me so much she would have left. I'm lucky she is a strong woman. I scoured the internet for other epileptics and their stories. I just knew I couldn't be the only guy who's life was falling apart. I found zero info except statistics and studies. Basically stuff like I put in my epilepsy thread. I just couldn't believe epileptic males weren't being tested for and treated with HRT/TRT. It seemed the sexual dysfuntion and mood changes was a secret except when telling a doctor. Then only if asked directly or something. I guess men hiding these things and masking them with anger is common. It's one of those "if this can help one guy" things. Hopefully more. I hope dudes with epilepsy see this and see my thread with references and fight for their testosterone. If a doc won't listen click the banner in my signature and just go for it!

Damn it I deserve confidence, no tits, erections and happiness!!! A man shouldn't have to choose between seizures and those in this day and age. I had told my wife once I would rather die from epilepsy (i almost did once) than continue living like I was.

Biggest news is I had my gyno removed about 10 days ago. Started a log in the Mens Health forum. Basically a ping pong ball sized on the right and slight smaller on left. Doctor also got the OK to use lipo suction for "female pattern fat deposits". I made that up. Basically during the ongoing process of gyno over the years I gained fatty tissue just like boobs. I had enough fat deposits that simply removing the breast tissue would have left craters in fat.

https://www.steroidology.com/forum/...342-gynecomastia-removal-log.html#post3872182

I've softened up from not lifting before the surgery and also being so restricted now. Ive been maintaining my body weight but I don't feel as strong and look smaller to my eyes. I seem to have gotten smoother/gained fat/lost muscle size.

Re-up through IncreasemyT should be in the mail today or tomorrow. I paid after business hours so a delay is on my part. As usual fast service, package is always discrete and well protected and we will see if there are any mistakes from the pharmacy when it gets here.

It's a weird feeling seeing the vials and AI get low. . . . A "what if" feeling creeps in. Having that box come is a reassuring feeling. Knowing everything will be good!!!!

IncreasemyT doing it again!!

I got ahead of myself in the last post. Takes more than 2 days. multiple moving parts since its prescription. Order/pay>script>pharmacy then overnight shipping. Test levels secured for another 20 weeks!

What's the displacement for hcg? I want to be precise. Adding my water resulted in slightly more total volume. If I have 5000iu vials and want the smallest shots possible what amount of water would you experienced guys add? Figure I'll ask you and let Todd deal with bigger issues like getting other guys packages going.

You can use as little as 1ml to reconstitute, but the two issues I find with that are when you put 1ml in you don't get it all back out - so I usually would put in 0.1ml extra to counter that. Also dosing 250IU makes it only 0.05ml, which is kind of small and a bit uncertain to do.

So I'd recommend using about 2.1ml's to reconsitute, then dose 0.1ml for 250 IU each time.

Been gone for a minute but I'm back now . . .

Since may I've been kicking ass on projects. Finished a pool pad and set up our pool. Dropped 5 trees in the back yard and have been finishing my basement. Pretty relaxed codes let me do it and I know how. . . so why not? Drywall delivered today!!

I also tore down this ugly pole barn style shed in my back yard.

Been busy!

I have screwed the pooch on training and eating. Last weigh in I was 160lbs. I'm down like 8 lbs. Not seriously under eating, but I'm skinny enough. Last couple weeks I've been eating more.

With all the extra work I've only had one break through seizure and it was small. During some hot days and I was working outside or doing some family thing outside almost everyday. I didnt do any I hour days in the heat. 4-6 hours. I almost died pushing it so I try to move cautious.

Moods good, libido is good, working was good.

I have focused a lot on what's improved. I had a small seizure yesterday morning just before I usually wake up. Figure this will be a good time to recap things. I had another seizure in the morning about a week > 10 days ago.

Originally I ate better and as the higher testosterone levels took effect eating was less work. By work, I mean eating is a chore for me. I can best explain it as eat a meal till you are full. After a while you'll hit a point where the fullness is gone but to eat isnt something you'd do, because you are full. I always feel like that. I didn't realize I did it but my wife says I "have a face" when I'm choking down food. It can also be compared to stimulants effect on hunger, except I'm sedated. I have went till dinner at 6pm, from 6am, and never felt hungry often. I'll become shaky, weak and feel confused. Sick almost, and I realize I haven't ate. Any medication that has stopped my seizures has suppressed my appetite. I'm back at that point. I had dropped to about 157lbs @ 3 wks ago. I am 160lbs now.

I resort to fat and junk food. I've realized point blank if I'm not gaining weight, I'm not eating enough. I think that dietary question has been resolved. Fat or mass, if we're eating enough to gain, we WILL gain one or both. Myself and other "hardgainers" have to do the 12 step thing and first admit we dont eat enough. "I, Mycelium, dont eat enough." haha

Peanut butter sandwhiches.
Instant oatmeal with a Tbl spn butter
Lunchmeat sandwhiches with fatty meat and cheese.
Scrambled eggs loaded with cheese and butter

As a way of adding more calories I'll do things like add a pack of poptarts to something. Its like 400 crap sugar calories. I can eat it in about 45 seconds with a glass of water, or better whole milk. I will just eat a Tbl spn of olive oil, coconut oil.

My memory is weird. I tend to stay on task, but medium and the long term are still bad. During the course of a day I will recall things from the morning as "yesterday". I quickly lose track of when things happened in reference to "the past". I know what day of the week is because of my medication container and ritualistic refilling. If I miss a days medication I can run a day behind for a couple days. Kids are getting ready for Monday school, but I'm taking the pills in Sundays slot. I still constantly lose my coffee.

Now working memory is better. Even when a task cant be completed I get it to a stopping point. I've worked in several smaller projects with my project of finishing our basement.

I am doing a lot more than before with the same medication so I believe reducing estrogen and raising testosterone HAS raised my seizure threshold. Even undereating. I think my recent seizures are my body telling me point blank I'm not eating enough and not taking care of myself. A medication increase is gonna happen. 20mg clobazam 2x day.

I'm far better off on TRT. With anything the ripples flow out and my entire household is better. But I'm hoping other epileptic males suffering will find this so the more information I can provide the better. This isnt a commercial promising paradise, this is a log. Real life.

In 2017 I would have problems spending a hot day on a pontoon. Dishes and laundry were my daily tasks.

2018 I have finished a pool pad, set up the pool, tore down a shed, cutting down trees, got my unfinished basement to partially drywalled, landscaped the yard and did several family events during the hottest days. Changed a water pump in the car, wheel bearings and upper control arms in the truck.

I am fortunate enough I get VA disability, but I lose $2,000-4000 per month sitting on disability. I was a licensed and insured contractor yet acted like a free agent semi skilled laborer for several large contractors and did easy side jobs. Once emptied an apartment in 2 hours with my wife and cleared about $3,200! I got $18 an hour crowning every board on a jobsite one day. I sent 5 hours in a lift with setting trusses. I had a contractor pay me to show up an hour early and set up the jobsite. Life was good. haha Convenience employee with their own insurance that is completely tax deductible.

I'll probably never get back to that level but I can make investments of time and improve my slice of earth.

I had a cluster of seizures and am in the process of starting a new medication. The benzo Clobazam isnt working anymore. I've quit working on my house and just sit around basically. New meds have me pretty bent. Leaning like lowrider. It's an altered form of Keppra I cant remember right now.

Had labs pulled at an ER so I know nothing was a concern with standard labs. I dont have a UTI!!!! Epileptics can have issues with infections I guess.

I'm sleeping a lot. Out of it. My speech slurs and I hold in to stuff. I was planning endo labs but those will be held off till my meds are delt with. Hopefully within the month. I'm going to try and get them thrown in with my VA labs. My epilepsy is troublesome enough I have worked them in a couple times. Ibalso have a history of getting the labs.

libido erections motivation all lower but I am on a drug that effects brain function so I'm basically waiting for the blood levels to stabilize and then begin again. It seems to be working.

If this med does work I'll be weaning off clobazam. I'm ready for that! I'm sure my liver and body will happy.

If it doesn't I begin test for brain surgery.

Decided it was time to dive into my new medication. Like most of my others it messes with a whole class of liberal enzymes. P450. Metabolism wise it overlaps my other epilepsy medication, estradiol, estrogens in general, testosterone and all ester versions, tylenol, nicotine, CBD and cannabis, androstenedione, progesterone, anastrozole. This is where a lot of my issues come from. The P450 enzymes, aromatase and test metabolism.

https://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB05541/biointeractions#enzyme-tab

Seizures been coming in clusters since October. I started a new medication in December that crashed my appetite. My seizures got better but came back so an increase in the new med made me "anorexic" and even almost throw up food I'd ate a couple times. Was down to 152lbs.

I just got out of a 5 days stay at a VA for a long term EEG. Brain surgery is a possible goal depending on some more test.

I'm over due for labs but if any of my basic counts were off the VA would have said something during my stay. Libido and erections are good but not excessive. Bordering on nipple sensations but no other possible issues spotted.

Not knowing how long I would be in the hospital I preloaded 5 pins of 50mg and brought about 3 weeks AI with me. I waited a little late on a pin because I was waiting for labs to taken.

Went through benzo withdrawals. My meds were stopped and since benzos are addictive, I'm technically and physically addicted to them now. That was unpleasant. Cold sweats with shaking and elevated bold pressure. Got what I needed without having to have seizures. "Epileptical discharges" . some fancy word. Got back on med and was released about 24 hours later.

I was 152lbs. Crashing off the meds caused me to have an explosion in appetite that I am trying to keep. 3 days of eating about 2500-3k calories a day, I was 159 lbs today in the morning after a shit. I also quit smoking.

As of now more tests to measure more things to make a good risk assessment.

It is my second time and they are kinda like a short stay in a brainwashing game show. Neuro-psych test, locked in a room with wires on your head, memory tests and the only human interaction is getting your vitals taken, food and shift change. Stopping the meds cusses a weird distortion of reality since they slow brain functions in one way or another.

It's all good tho. Endo labs soon because my dosage is set and will be what it is for a while.

50mg test c x 3.5 days w/500iuHCG
35 mg asin split to go with the curves of test.

Jacked my log man. Like interrupting someone basically. This is a log for other epileptics to hopefully find. If you're an epileptic and have som questions I'm more than happy to answer them but getting ready for a show is irrelevant to my log.

Start a new thread of your own.

40mg test cyp every 3.5 days so 80mg wk. 10mg day am/pm exemastane with doubled doses roughly 24 and 36 hours post injection.Moring of but no injection 438 ng/dl. VA didnt like that 1500 ng/dl. Doc said "high test". I point blank said what high test haha I'm above previous levels but well below theb 900 and 1200 ranges. I quickly explained all levels are are problems, I had tits removed and he quickly ended the conversation.

Since then I upped the tests to 100mg wk.

Everything I I take goes through my liver so rather than increase AI I dropped test some. 80mg wk is running low. No e test but no symptoms.

All looks good. Generally dehydrated.

I'll do a write up of the epilepsy by itself.

200mg had me 1500
80 mg had be 430
100 have me @ 600-700 nd/do

. .

Just sharing an experienc I had today. With the dose change I obviously had more aromatozation so more E. I had some nipple sensations off and on and took a little more AI, anastrozole just in case it was to much. Correct me if I'm mixing up. Temporary binding not suicidal. 1/4 mg roughly. I'm expecting a rebound but will up the exemastane slowly.

My neighbors are drug addicts of some sort and their dog continually comes in our yard. Right toy front door. It's a pitbull so not small and obviously powerful. I love pits so I'm not worried about the breed it is but I have a 100lb Great Dane about 10 months old and a 60lb mixed breed dog and children. Its unacceptable.

I had the calmest most confident decision and just knocked on their door. There is a three stall garage and about 30 feet of brush between their house and mine so if for some reason something happened like a dog fight or attack I'm alone. Told him next time his dog was in my yard I was calling the sheriff. He was giving excuses, blaming his wife, it's his grown sons dog but he cant keep it all the while I'm standing on a dog tie out. I remained calm until he said "Everytime I come to get him girls look out and give me dirty looks." as an excuse. My wife or daughter. I just put my hand up and said "With that this conversation is over." Felt good. Heightened awareness and readiness but controlled. Peaceful, firm but ready for whatever. Very much "old me".

Noooooow as I was walking away protectiveness over "my girls" and pride/ego/ dominance/ whatever did Make me stop and almost turn around and go back for a direct confrontation but my wife called me and I did go home without incident.

Dialing in the dose like the board repeats.

I wont lie I did have to calm down some after. Thought of fighting him ran through my mind but I just figured as of now it was settled. 2 outcomes would/will happen. His dog comes over and I call the cops or he comes over and get buck. That would have been a "resort to primate dominance" and violence.

epilepsy wise I'm scheduled to meet a neurosurgeon and will be getting electrodes inserted into my brain and wait till I have seizures for detailed measurements. I will probably have memory and speech issues but I already have them on my current 40mg clobazam and 100 mg breviteracitam and about 700mg CBD daily split 12 hours apart. My last labs showed clobazam range of 3,300 and I'm at 6,000 so I'm pretty doped up and the seizures still come in clusters.

Since my epilepsy is so medication resistant implants were dismissed because their effectiveness is like the drug I took. I cant maintain the dosages of drugs long term and every cluster does more damage. I went from no brain surgery due to risks of memory and speech back to surgery because the success rate is so much better and the possible effects are very close to what the drugs and seizures are doing. I sound good here because I can always go back when I forget what I'm even talking about. The memory issue is the making of new long term memories. The transfer from working memory to long term memory.

Hit the forums first to hear from all you. I aromatize pretty heavy due to my epileptic drugs. I switched from anastrazol to exemastane for my liver. Id rather use a stronger drug than higher doses but depending on it effects, how it metabolized and any other things of concern. Letro also has a longer life span and operates differently.I tried Google but kept having to swim through breast cancer and gyno tteatment.

I was taking almost cycle level ana and am on a pretty high dose of exe. Is letro a good option? I'm trying to keep liver burden down because of my high levels of epileptic drugs and the fact test gets processed into it's free for there as well. What's the lover's limit for hydrolysis?

Example 200mg wk had me at at like 2 mg wk ana I believe. It's in here somewhere.

So . . . Any info will be helpful. I popped some old ana and did feel better and nipple sensations went away. Rebounded for sure. Nipple tingle and are swollen very slightly.

Did I get ripped off on the exe? Switching went well but I've changed doses and due to epilepsy endo labs outside the VA are a no go. Long hospital stays and long trips suck cash pretty fast. I have an indefinite stay coming in a couple months and am actually saving money.

I just got my tits cut out so I definitely don't want them regrowing.

As of now I'm getting brain surgery. It was off the table because of how my language and speech are split between both sides of my brain it was high risk.

I cant increase my benzo anymore and the brevi made me aggressive and irritated and I still had seizures.

I got several scans done. Functional MRI, SPET scan, WADA test and was again presented to some group of specialties that specialize in epilepsy. Implants that basically shock my brain were the next step. ut their efficiency and effectiveness are inline with medications so brain surgery was put back on the table. My quality of life, inability to do anything strenuous, low tolerance to heat, side effects of meds and the effects on my body of long term high benzo use put me back into surgery.

I'll be going in for a long term EEG except this time Ilk have my head cut open and a custom made grid will be placed on my brain and my scalp stitched shut over it and I will also have electrodes inserted into my brain in specific areas to measure precise locations my my hippocampus and a couple other areas to really dial in where my seizures start compared to my speech and memory functions.

I'll be plugged in until I have seizures. They will also shock parts of my brain to measure how I'm affected trying to see what they can cut out without impairing me. Mostly memory but secondly speaking. Worst case scenario is I wont be able to talk and I wont form long term memories. That's pretty low because my brain is kinda ambidextrous. I could still have major issue tho.

Once the doctors have recorded and mapped out enough info and I have seizures to try and target the specific place/area they start from I will be moved directly to surgery.

ICU for a couple days to monitor me for any brain bleeding, infection, severe impairments or other reactions I'll go home. I'll have speech and language therapy more than likely.

Recovery is at least 4-6 weeks but how long before I can lift, work, exert myself is still unknown.

My medications will be continued for at least a year before my doctor will even think about reducing them. Worst case would be I still have seizures then I'll never be drug free. Best case is I'll he off meds and possibly back to work in 18 months to 2 years.

There is a very large success rate of about 70-80% but that includes reduction of seizures. The seizure free is something like 40-50%.

100mg wk split every 3.5 days. 60mg asin a week is where gyno stops and I'm at a point where I think I'm just having phantom sensations. No swelling or puffiness of any sort. HCG is kinda hit and miss because of memory. Being separate from my meds/TRT I go to get it and end up getting coffee or doing some other random task. Libido down, erections pretty much gone but he does puff up and is ready. I figure stress and a lot of other things.

HCG gives a boost but I'm pretty sure the nipples get a little sensitive with it as well. I miss probably 1 of 3/ 1 of 4 shots. Sometimes an entire week. Atrophy isnt bad and they are maintaining their size. Daily and constantly I do things like that. Go to check the laundry but end up checking the pool. Losing my coffee is a constant. It's a household joke "What's Myc doing?" . . . . ."Probably looking for his coffee!" Haha

I have to get dental work done to fix anything that could possible get infected but the tentative date is/was July 26th.

Personally my own concern is my seizures have been shy and I end up in the EEG room for long periods of time. like 14 days the first time.

Last eeg was 10 days and I didnt even have seizures even being pulled off meds. I just had epileptilogocal activity. Being on the benzos for about 3 years now that was not fun. Withdrawls kicked in and I was shaking, shivering, elevated blood pressure and couldn't sleep. I believe they will probably go straight to lowering if not dropping my meds from the start once the grid and electrodes are in. The highest risks of the invasive EEG is infections and then bleeding.

Last edited:
Back