glyceral--- carb up for PJ

supergirl

i would like feedback.. who has used it in the past.. pros/cons.. dosages etc... i kinda want to get a discussion going on the best route for the perfect carb-up for PJ...

carb-up for pre-judging is so sensitive... some use sweet pots, creatine, pie filling.. etc..

thanks

For a woman i really don't know whats best, you'd really have to experiment for what works best for you. I have heard that most pros use insulin and pie filling as part of their carb-up for PJ. I will be experimenting with this one about 2-3 weeks before my contest, just to see how well it works. Most reported coming in onstage almost 10 pounds heavy maintaining the fullness as well as hardness.

supergirl said:
i would like feedback.. who has used it in the past.. pros/cons.. dosages etc... i kinda want to get a discussion going on the best route for the perfect carb-up for PJ...

carb-up for pre-judging is so sensitive... some use sweet pots, creatine, pie filling.. etc..

thanks

Hey Supergirl! Have you tried the red wine/glycerol cocktail before you go on stage? I'm not sure of the exact amounts but it works great. Let me think, I know it's red wine, glycerol and I believe some dextrose based Creatine, like phosphagen hp, yep that's it. I'm not 100% sure of the amount of glycerol though.
Are you looking for full pre-contest carb up info or just right before prejudging?

Re: Re: glyceral--- carb up for PJ

Fyre said:
Hey Supergirl! Have you tried the red wine/glycerol cocktail before you go on stage? I'm not sure of the exact amounts but it works great. Let me think, I know it's red wine, glycerol and I believe some dextrose based Creatine, like phosphagen hp, yep that's it. I'm not 100% sure of the amount of glycerol though.
Are you looking for full pre-contest carb up info or just right before prejudging?

i just kinda wanted to get a great discussion going on pre-judging carb up.. i am not looking for anything persay.. i just wanted to see what everyone does and what they swear by..

i personally think the redwine is perfect to bring out vascularity and to warm you up.. i make sure all my clients take a glass..

i also feel that pie filling (dextrose) is perfect for carbing up.. and a sweet pot is great too as it contains enough potassium to help with cramping.. but the glycerol i am not too sure of.. it is tricky and you also have to be careful of how much it will upset your stomach..
last thing ya need is a competitor puking on stage LOL

but if you guys also want to discuss overall carbing up like 1-2 days out, that would be cool too...

i just wanted to get this topic more exposure and for us all to share our tricks or secrets (like the pie filling) lol

I've used glycerol for cycling (bicycles); same idea different goal. idea for me was to increase the amt of fluid stored in the muscle so you don't get dehydrated as fast. Very important during 75-100 mile bike rides...I've done 5 of those in the past. It doesn't taste great and the jellowy texture is hard to get down. The downside for cyclists was the extra fluid storage made us feel so sluggish we couldn't ride as fast. This is probably a non-issue for bodybuilders since we don't move around as fast.
When I get down to a reasonable bodyfat level I'm going to try a CKD for 3-4 weeks and increase the amt of glycerol with each carbup; should be interesting.

good post supergirl. I will try some of the EAS phoshagen XT. What is a pie fillin? Never heard of that, sorry I am doing my first show in 4 weeks.

fatchops said:
good post supergirl. I will try some of the EAS phoshagen XT. What is a pie fillin? Never heard of that, sorry I am doing my first show in 4 weeks.

LMAO... actually it is a secret of the reknowned Chad Nichols... he carbs up his pros with apple pie filling... dextrose and fills ya right up with no bloat :)

I've also heard of like 2 shots of Scotch ( for vasulcarity) in a can of pears!! It worked pretty well...it was eaten throughout the show day to stay full w/o water.

redsquirrel said:
I've also heard of like 2 shots of Scotch ( for vasulcarity) in a can of pears!! It worked pretty well...it was eaten throughout the show day to stay full w/o water.

hmmmm...that's interesting.

Fyre said:
hmmmm...that's interesting.

hmmmmm is right.. if i know me and being that depleted... walking around in high heels all typsy will not be a fun thing to do :) LOL

warm scotch??? see the other good thing with the red wine is the sulfates and the flushing in your skin.. it brings color out and warms ya up nicely... i know scotch warms ya up too though LOL...

Hey RS.. the can of pears are in a natural juice/water right??? i wonder if it would be like water though and fill ya out too much... Do you know someone who has used this technique??

It sounds good which is why i am asking for more details :) LOL...

i guess you could carb up on the pears without the juice though too for that matter...

Yes, my fiance did it for his first show. The pears are in natural juices...and it's funny, he was instructed touse Chivas Scotch!!!
I dunno the reason for that specific kind, but he ate them throughout the day and the Chivas was soaked into the pears, so he didn't take in too much liquid. IT sounded crazy to me too, but it seemed to work!
He held a little water in his love handles, so I'm sure it could have worked much better!

redsquirrel said:
Yes, my fiance did it for his first show. The pears are in natural juices...and it's funny, he was instructed touse Chivas Scotch!!!
I dunno the reason for that specific kind, but he ate them throughout the day and the Chivas was soaked into the pears, so he didn't take in too much liquid. IT sounded crazy to me too, but it seemed to work!
He held a little water in his love handles, so I'm sure it could have worked much better!

so like i mentioned... maybe the pears withOUT the juice...

chivas.. LOL

I think I'd stick to the redwine mixture. I certainly wouldn't want to try something new and then be all bloated. And yes, the redwine does give you a nice little colour and you definitely feel warm. Helps a little too if you have stage fright!:D

my old boss told me about her little pre-contest drink she would use before she got on stage. it was redwine, creatine, and glutamine.

she would also tell me that the night before she would wake up every 2 hours to eat peanut butter

Nutri-Wrestler said:
my old boss told me about her little pre-contest drink she would use before she got on stage. it was redwine, creatine, and glutamine.

she would also tell me that the night before she would wake up every 2 hours to eat peanut butter

the peanut butter is for fat loading most definitely, a lot of people do a little fat loading the night before a show.

Fyre said:
the peanut butter is for fat loading most definitely, a lot of people do a little fat loading the night before a show.

I wanted to do this but I never found anything that gave me a info about it and how to do it or when to do it, I also read that it works great if your super lean. I am just kind of scetchy about a carb load because I can't find anything that says when you hit your peak on a carb up. Also I don't want to gain weight before a weight-in so with a fat load you won't gain too much weight or worry about bloat. I will keep searching for stuff about fat loading. MuscleMag had a cool article thisa month about a fat load if you can get it read it.

Back