Jay Cutler/ Ronnie Coleman Videos

absynthesizer

So I just watched the Ronnie Coleman video The unbelievablelent I was amazed. I am now watching the Jay Cutler DVD, Ripped to shreds.
I am not as impressed, my question is this, Do BB's train lighter just before a contest?

As an aside, if anyone has watched this, did you notice Cutler, spit on the gym floor? Since when has that EVER been acceptable?

Ronnie doesn't. Most of them probably do because of the carb reduction, and wanting to try to maintain while losing fat. Ronnie seems to go balls to the wall until the end as you can see in the video. I would be willing to bet most guys are using mroe than Ronnie to make up for the difference in work ethic.

absynthesizer said:
As an aside, if anyone has watched this, did you notice Cutler, spit on the gym floor? Since when has that EVER been acceptable?

maybe he was pissed off at something or someone. Who knows.

You gotta keep in mind these guys are dieting like crazy, and on top of that do you watch an entire workout? Maybe your watching near the end of the workout, I know my strength can drop dramatically....

Finally, they are BB'ers not PL'er - weight does not matter. You know Arnold mostly curled only 65lb dumbells to build his bi's?

I would normally shun anyone from spitting on the gym floor, but he's mr.o se he gets away with it.

outlawtas2 said:
You gotta keep in mind these guys are dieting like crazy, and on top of that do you watch an entire workout? Maybe your watching near the end of the workout, I know my strength can drop dramatically....

Finally, they are BB'ers not PL'er - weight does not matter. You know Arnold mostly curled only 65lb dumbells to build his bi's?

I would normally shun anyone from spitting on the gym floor, but he's mr.o se he gets away with it.
Gonna have to disagree with the whole weight does not matter thing. If in ym workouts I bench 405X10 an you bench 135X30 guess who is gonna be bigger. Weight is not the most important thing in bodybuilding but I have yet to meet a huge mofucker who wasn't strong as well. now on the other hand you can egt strong and not big by way of your diet and just improving your technique and things like that. But I think that deals more with 1 rep maxes. I bet anyone that can rep 405 on the bench do resp with over 500 on deads, and squat 400 for reps is bigger than your average bear.

Lets keep in mind here Jay trains w\lots of volume and look at him he is looking great....Ronnie likes to train balls to walls. Doesnt mean one is better than the other.

GIven these two guys have the best genetics.

Jay likes to stay injury free that is what he said in his video....BUt by no means does this mean that yuo dont need to develop a stenght base here.

People are missing the fact that jay aint repping 135 for squats he is squatin i think 4 plates per side on smythe squats.....and playing with it.

Jay aint weak by any means.

This does not mean you can go into the gym each day at 140lbs 6foot and bench\squat\dead 135 pounds for lots of sets\reps and become 300lbs.

mister69 said:
Lets keep in mind here Jay trains w\lots of volume and look at him he is looking great....Ronnie likes to train balls to walls. Doesnt mean one is better than the other.

GIven these two guys have the best genetics.

Jay likes to stay injury free that is what he said in his video....BUt by no means does this mean that yuo dont need to develop a stenght base here.

People are missing the fact that jay aint repping 135 for squats he is squatin i think 4 plates per side on smythe squats.....and playing with it.

Jay aint weak by any means.

This does not mean you can go into the gym each day at 140lbs 6foot and bench\squat\dead 135 pounds for lots of sets\reps and become 300lbs.
Yeah they are still all strong as hell. Some just train heavier than toehrs. the whole strength doesn't matter arument usually comes from abercrombie model lookin mofos who want an excuse not to lift heavy. it's not the most important to a bodybuilder, the mirror is, but the mirror isn't gonna be a rpetty thing to most of us if we lift 100lbs day in and day out.

correct...how about those abercrombie guys being like i dont squat or deadlift cuase i hear that some double blind study said that the angle of the bar puts stress on the knees etc...who cares!

Just lift!

I've seen guys squat 405 on the smith that would never come close to stepping under that much weigh on free squats. Just had to add that in.

02gixxersix said:
but the mirror isn't gonna be a rpetty thing to most of us if we lift 100lbs day in and day out.

yeah we all know if your weights are not increasing you body does not grow. ;) hehe.

LiftTillIDie said:
I've seen guys squat 405 on the smith that would never come close to stepping under that much weigh on free squats. Just had to add that in.

hahaha these guys are vey common. I like when they try the same weight on free weight and go 3 inches down and give up. haha.

LiftTillIDie said:
I've seen guys squat 405 on the smith that would never come close to stepping under that much weigh on free squats. Just had to add that in.[/QUOTE
Yeah and they are probably moving 2 or 3 inches with them too. I hate the smith machine for almost any workout. I can understand doing partial squats sometimes.......it's kinda like a rackout, but that is not all you should be doing to build muscle.

i think imma start working out wearing short shorts.......showing my thighs and all..would be nice....a bit gay but nice..

Cutler talks often about how he trains to avoid injury and burnout. High volume almost never to failure, that's his preferred method. Guys like Ronnie really like to see just how far they can take it (Yates was like that too).

Back