Lean's Journey to Beast [testP + trenA]

Whats up young man!

Ok wtf Lean ``just 5 exercises``, are you kidding me? Up the intensity(quality) and down the volume(quontaty)!!

You should be doing 20reps at over 220pounds, or working towards it at your weigth.

Hey man - nice to hear from you! how's it going? you still with that new trainer (Powerlifter was he?)

Thanks for the comment - but wtf 220 x 20 reps? what exercise u talkin about?

I'm tring to lean out some - to earn my name "leanbody" hahahaha - i think I'm down to 11% now - still going to do this for another month or so. Don't feel like i'm wasting muscle tho - keeping some size.

Take care, bro!

Whats up!

Squats brother cmon, loose the volume and get the intensity up :) 11% is very good bro, you are a inspiration, Its awesome to see you have inspiration at 50years young!!! Age aint but a number! But you can do it, but save the larger 10+rep sets to the last one.

Nah man, iwe dropped my weigth to 220 now and doing lots of functional stuff, been wrestling also. I was getting tired off having muscle, and strentgh but not being able to do fuck all with it.

Keep it up, fairly lean body!

Whats up!

Squats brother cmon, loose the volume and get the intensity up :) 11% is very good bro, you are a inspiration, Its awesome to see you have inspiration at 50years young!!! Age aint but a number! But you can do it, but save the larger 10+rep sets to the last one.

Nah man, iwe dropped my weigth to 220 now and doing lots of functional stuff, been wrestling also. I was getting tired off having muscle, and strentgh but not being able to do fuck all with it.

Keep it up, fairly lean body!

Hey thanks my fine finn friend! can't believe you are down to 220 --you myst be cut! What kind of wrestling are u doing? i'm down to 197 now and prolly ready to get back to boxing - took a few months off to rehad my tennis elbow, but now I'm 20 lbs ligfhter so I should do better. I'm really stoked to be at almost 10% - I decided to go for 7% - it was killer this am before breakfast - had abs, obliques - the whole package!!! Hope you are doing well & enjoying the season in Thailand, man!
Cheers!

what happened to leanbody?

hahaha - I dropped off the earth - got sucked into Dunkin Donuts and woke up in an alley 3 days later - chocolate frosting and jimmies all over my face - it was horrible!

LOL nope - been busy and workin this diet like a mofo! Finally got to <10%! and saw abs!!! Here's a pic and a brief update.

last week I wrote: "As much as I love 'em, I've been thru plenty of holiday food fests! i'll wait for next year to gorge myself on the snowflake cookies and fruitcake ;-)"

MONDAY MUSINGS
Okay so I have to eat a few of those words to go along with the cranberry cake and chocolate chip cookies... Cheat meal was reasonable - the cheat dessert was a little out of control - LOL maybe I don't have super human willpower. Next time I'll only put 3 cookies on the plate and then i won't be tempted to eat 33! hahahahaha

Okay so the weekend is over - it was big fun and I got to make some holiday memories as well as cookies with my kids. In general, I did prettywell, but I'm def up a few pounds. Got to remind myself how amazing it is that I can reshape my body at 50 and stick to it!

Here's the workout from Saturday:
Wide grip Pullups (full ROM!!!!) I even impressed myself - haven't done these in a while - lots easier at 192 than at 218!
3sets of 10, 1x9, 1x7 (total 46!!!! and good form too - that should do a number on my lats!)

Lat cable pulldowns
12x 180
10x180
2x10x180

Bent over Rows
4 sets 10 x 110 (killer!)

Tbar rows
3 sets x 10 x 70
1x8x70

Shrugs(missed these earlier in the week)
3setsx12x95

Rear Delt Machine Flyes
4 sets 10 x 90
burnout 8x90

meals on track except had a HUGE cheat meal - 2x as much dessert as was reasonable. I really felt sick after the last cookie.... Hmmm maybe I'll learn a lesson from that...

Sunday rest day
got into the gym to do cardio on the Tmill. Felt energized and really glad to get moving after the huge meal on Sat. Did a bunch of ab/oblique exercises after. i'm totally stoked about the new shape of my torso!

Monday
did my cardio at the gym at 8 am
workout in the AFTERNOON

Bis & Tris
ez curl bar
4 sets 15x60

skullcrushers
2sets 20 x 50
2sets 15x60

seated incline alt DB curls
5 sets 30x27.5 (15 ea arm)

Tri kickbacks
4sets x 15x15

spider curls Hella good pump after these - i couldn't even touch my shoulders - Hahahaha
4 sets 20x50

Tri cable pressdowns
2sets 15x120
2sets 15x140

Arms were really pumped and vascular - didn't even look like my arms - LOL

meals on track except for 1 oz cashews with second lunch(3 oz chicken) (I was short on bird meat this am!)
dinner only 5 oz salmon available so added 1.5 oz ahi sashimi - getting to like the white beans with balsamico.
Also got a bad of mini cucumbers at Costco - very tasty - never seem these - just the size of pickles...

Wierd day tomorrow - work starts at 6:30 am so i think I'll do the workout at 10 or 11 am. in any case I'll pack my food so that should be gtg.
Later!

damn, good work! You are lean now bro

hahahahah - thanks bro - i knew i could grow into that name - better than "PudgeBody - soon to be lean"! LOL

Been uber busy last month or so - hence no posts. it's all good tho - I am keeping up w/ the diet for the most part and workouts are great - love seeing new vascularity in the mirror when i ma lifting!

Update:
Okay so here it is Xmas day already! Wha whoo!!!!! Lots of reasons to look forward to this day but one of my biggest is that it is the end (for a while) of too many tempting foods!

Had a hella busy week so no time to log, plus was not really too proud of my performance in the face of holiday treats.... Did great on the workouts - Ill log those below and nailed the cardio, but had a few sugar binges that sent my body into insulin overload - like the night we compared 3 brands of peppermint bark to see which had the best flavor, most chocolate, etc. Two holiday dinners that were a bit stressful and i went off the deep end. Fortunately I kept weighing myself and after 2 of these days and +5 lbs I decided that it didnt matter which brand was the best. Plus i had a really nice chat with Tad, my diet coach - awesome dude - check out Tadthedietcoach dot com. - always good motivation.

So here I am 2 days out from the worst and back down 4 of those pounds - whew! I got several compliments at the gym last week - which helped a lot and saw some new veins popping out on my shoulders :) - love to see those subtle changes come to pass. I am concentrating on my upper body this week since the 27-30 I'll be skiing 5+ hours a day and will really fry my quads!

Tuesday
Shoulders & Abs

smith Military press
15x25lbs ea side (+30lbs for bar)
15x30lbs ea side (+30lbs for bar)
10/5x35lbs ea side (+30lbs for bar)
15x25lbs ea side (+30lbs for bar)

DB lat raises
15x20
10x25 5x20 (2 sets)
15x25
superset w/
Front Lat raises
4 sets 12x 35

Upright Rows
4sets 12 x 50

Abs
4 sets 10reps hanging upside-down crunches (before 60 mins cardio)

Wed
Chest & biceps didn't log this
Incline bench press
flat bench press
flat flyes
incline cable flyes
pec deck

Straight bar arm curls
preacher curls (ez bar)
seated incline one arm curls

2x 60 min cardio

Thursday
Back & triceps
wide grip pull ups
4 sets of 10
WG pull downs
4 sets
One armed Rows
4 sets

Close grip bench press
4 sets
Tricep kickbacks
tricep cable pushdowns (one armed) really enjoyed seeing the definition coming out in my tri's!

2x 60 min cardio

Friday Christmas Day
Shoulders &Abs

smith Military press felt really strong today!
12x25lbs ea side (+30lbs for bar)
12x35lbs ea side (+30lbs for bar)
12x40lbs ea side (+30lbs for bar)
12x40lbs ea side (+30lbs for bar)

DB lat raises
2x15x25
10/5x25
15x25

superset w/
Front Lat raises
4sets 10 (ea side) x 15

Upright Rows
4sets 10 (ea side) x 15

Cable upright front raise (cable between legs, butt to weight stack)
4 sets 10x35

Abs
4 sets 10reps hanging leg raises (felt really strong on these- got my knees up to my shoulders!!!!)
3 sets 10reps hanging upside-down crunches (before 60 mins cardio)

Whew - lots to log - workouts are really going well with the diet, feel like I'm lots weaker but getting a really great pump and good intensity/DOMS, etc. So I feel like I am maintaining muscle and not loosing it as much as fat.

Prolly won't log at all for the next 5 days but will def be pushing myself to get good exercise on the slopes (eg, leg extensions on the chairlift with ski's & boots!) and eat as close to diet as possible. And I'm not going to go crazy with the peppermint bark or the moosemunch!

Have a great holiday all!
M

hats off to you brother to be getting abs at 50 some yrs old. Fuckin great dedication is always nice to see lean.

what kind of cardio u been doing lately?

that was a nice shoulder work out, i used to have a lot of luck some time back doin the arnold super set. basically super set all three exercises you did above it gives you a wicked pump like the super set of bicep/tricep i speak of.

enjoy the slopes man and dont snap any bones!

Hey d thanks for checking in. I've been doing mostly tradmill- it's like a s iencw , I adjust the ramp and speed to achieve 120-125 bpm and go for 60 mins.

I was hoping for more cardio on this ski trip- nice conditions but I am skiing uber slow to watch out for my kids who are just learning to snow board! Unfortunately my son(11) broke his wrist on the last run today!!! Bummer 2 dYs in the lodge for him! ( and me part time!)

hate to sY it but can't wait to get back to the gym on Friday! Lol

Greetings Dudes - okay after a long absence I'll try to catch up a bit. had a good week, but alas pigged out too much on new years eve (just like Xmas...:-( - it's wierd - I've never beena slave to food before or had cravings but OMG - even oreos seemed to taste more than excellent... VERY wierd. i like to think I have some self control. It's like the sugar feeds the craving - the more I ate the more I wanted. So I ended up feeling totally bloated and uncomfortably full for days afterwards - until my system rid itself of all the carbs & sugar. I seemed to gain - gulp about 7 pounds from that one day. Afetr skiing weighed in at 187 then 195! Yipes. anyways back to 189 now and it's under control again. in a twisted way it will be nice to be back at work away from the temtations. Didn't help that my Bro-inLaw gave me a $35.00 box of belgian chocolates for xmas - fortunately a bunch of 13 year olds ate them this afternoon - I only ate 3!

Felt great skiing - legs felt strong although my stamina was not where it usually is.
Great workouts Dec 31 on - wrote them down and lost the papers...so here's what i could find:

Quads & Calves
Single Leg extensions amazing intensity and pump! Felt really great.
15 (ea leg)x 55
15 x 65
10 x 75 15x50
15x 70

Squats these were tough as hell – but I had really good form
2x15x135
15x185
15x205
10 + 5x225!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hack Squats
15x 1 plate ea side
3x15x2 plates ea side

Walking Lunges

4 sets of 30 steps w/ 50lb BB on my shoulders - Killer!

Seated Calf raise
4x15x1 plate

superset w/ donkey calf machine
2x15 x 75
2x15 x 50

Quads and glutes SUPER SORE after this work out - feels great...hehehehehe

Jan 3 2010
Back

Wide grip Pullups (full ROM!!!!)
5 sets of 10!

Seated Pulley rows
12x 120
12x 140
12x 150
12x 160 felt really strong on these..

Lat cable pulldowns
2x 12x 170
9x180
8x180

One arm Rows
8x55
9x55
2x10x55

HS ISO High Row
4x10x2plates ea side

Reverse pec dec Machine Flyes
4x100
9x100
8x100
7x70

Got my 60 mins cardio in everyday - EOD did 4 sets of hangng crunches.

Diet today

8 am
2 eggs
whey

1pm
8ozmeat
1/2 oz cashews

3pm
Entire head of celery

5pm
4 oz chicken
1 oz cheese

7pm
8oz meat w/ mushrooms
Cellery root salad (1 C) with vinegar and dijon
cucumber salad (1 C) w/ balsamic vinigar
romaine w/ balsamic vinegar

(I was starving so i think I overdid it on the salad - too much vinegar for 1 meal - had to balance it out with a bicarb of soda)

BTW - got 3 unsolicited comments in the locker room on my abs, "leaning out" and looking good....;-) So i passed on the secret weapon of "Tad the Diet Coach.com" don't know if any of these peeps are serious about trying to loose BF, but i am sure happy w/ the results...

Measurements & pics tomorrow or Tuesday

Happy new year all - hope you reach all your goals for the year and then some!
peace
M

Hey Leanbody since you're one of very few seemingly unbiased guys around here & other sites, just curious which brands of gear you're running? Your results seem on point & honest, plus I'm going to start almost the same cycle you're on very soon & I've yet to grab a hold of the tren a & masteron. Those pics look sick btw looking forward to the updated ones. Keep up the hard work dude. Well done!

Last edited:
Hey Leanbody since you're one of very few seemingly unbiased guys around here & other sites, just curious which brands of gear you're running? Your results seem on point & honest, plus I'm going to start almost the same cycle you're on very soon & I've yet to grab a hold of the tren a & masteron. Those pics look sick btw looking forward to the updated ones. Keep up the hard work dude. Well done!

Hey man; I'll send you a PM - but just to make u jealous - i just got a script for Test E - for 10 vials for $17 each! LOL covered by insurance cause I have low natty test - finally - Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) costco style!

Greetings dudes -
I'm off cycle with my workouts so i am just doing what feels right (or rather doing what muscle gropups aren't sore atm...) until I can catch up again. My glutes and quads are still hella sore :) from a few days ago - guess i am doing the squats right! hahahaha

So here it is Monday back to work & school - Yuck! THIS is what they should call "Black Monday"!

Jan 4
Arms and arms and more arms - yup when I finish this cut i wanna go for the big guns!lost a 1/2" on each arm with the cut - Hahahaha - give me a few years - maybe before I'm 80 I'll hit 19" ????
Straight Bar Bi curls
10x65
12x65
10x75
9x75
9x75 6x65

superset with
Bi curls using the hammer curl bar
2x10x40
10x50
8/4x50
8x30 10x20

Tricep overhead extension w/ hammer curl bar (I like these cause i can keep my elbows close to my head and really hit the tricep.)
15x50
12x60
3setsx10x80

preacher curls (EZ bar)
4x10x60 (hella tough - don't know why - except i was concentrating on the lower half of the movement not bringing the arm up to the resting position - still pretty wimpy weight...)

Skullcrushers (my fav)
superset with
close grip bench press (tris) same weight & reps for each
15x60
15 x 60
12x80
8x80
incline 1 arm curls ( arms were wasted at this point - LOL)
15 ea arm x 25 lb db
10x25
8x25 (I think this is what you call "to failure"....)

Great pump - felt good to just do arms for a change. Tomorrow i will (try to?) do legs - hammies and calves - should be interesting.... Thank god for Ibuprophen!

Later dudes!

Hey man; I'll send you a PM - but just to make u jealous - i just got a script for Test E - for 10 vials for $17 each! LOL covered by insurance cause I have low natty test - finally - Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) costco style!

Holy shit man, I might just have to find out where you live and steal em'. Ha! holy shit man you couldn't of asked for a better situation.

$17 is a sweet price for HG. Sad part is I'd actually pay twice UG price to walk into CVS and walk out with HG gear and your ass is paying less than half. Well at least I have something to look forward to in 10-15 years

$17 is a sweet price for HG. Sad part is I'd actually pay twice UG price to walk into CVS and walk out with HG gear and your ass is paying less than half. Well at least I have something to look forward to in 10-15 years

Don't get too jealous - I can only get one vial every 4 weeks so I'll still be spending my fair share on UG stuff. Plus - I may never run a cycle that is test only - LOL - once you start with this stuff there is always something to stack with it to make the results better. Now if i could only find what to stack to improve my memory....hahahaha

Tuesday Jan 5
Okay Broskis!
Well, Monday was brutal - hard to get back to the swing of things at work - but it's falling into place now.

Still have gnarly food cravings - once the junk food leaves the house it will be easier. Last night's temptation was candy cane ice cream from Dreyers! LOL I succumbed to about 3 teaspoons from the carton, until my 13 year old slapped my hand - not for cheating, but for eating out of the carton! hahahahha Apart from that I did well with the diet. protein for dinner was a bit funky 'cause I only had 2 oz of salmon - supplemented that with a little beef and chicken - up to about 6 oz. Today I'll have to go to the grocery store.

Tuesday workout
Hammies and calves

SLDL's
15 x 135
12 x 165
12 x 195
10 x 215
10 x 245!!!
8x245
4x245 2x215 6x165 burned out!!!!

Superset with
seated ham curls
12x145
4sets x 12x165

One leg ham curls (standing)
12 x 65
12 x65
9x65
8x65

Donkey calf machine
3 sets 15 reps (calves still sore from 4 days ago... so I took it easy on them)

standing Oblique cable pulls (ea side)
15x100
12x120
12x140
10x140

Rope crunches
2 sets 10 x 75 (fried my abs last night doing 4 sets of upsidedown hanging crunches...;-)

Abs seem quite strong these days - want to get some size on them now. Any suggestions?
Other Goal: more width to lats so i can get a bit more V shape. Waist is close to the smallest it can be for my structure: 33" shoulders (jacket size 44L) are not huge so have to work on the taper.
Had my Vitargo/whey shake after gym - LOVE that stuff!

Also trying out zinc losenges to help with food cravings - they totally kill my taste buds... Just finished one and it's lunch time - NO food cravings just a tongue that feels like cardboard! hahahahaha

Later!

Btw insulin spikes from sugar is what causes the cravings for sweets. When you take one bite it tastes so amazing & you want more not only bc you don't eat that crap often but bc your body is literally freaking out lol. I have a bad sweet tooth & sweets were hard to give up bc if I don't have something sweet after I eat I don't feel satisfied. Now if I feel like that I just make a cup of tea w/ a little Splenda & it works wonders

Btw insulin spikes from sugar is what causes the cravings for sweets. When you take one bite it tastes so amazing & you want more not only bc you don't eat that crap often but bc your body is literally freaking out lol. I have a bad sweet tooth & sweets were hard to give up bc if I don't have something sweet after I eat I don't feel satisfied. Now if I feel like that I just make a cup of tea w/ a little Splenda & it works wonders

Thanks tons for the info, dude - i need to learn more about insulin response 'cause it is like that - One cookie or candy and I'm like a junky looking for more - I ate the cookies out of my sons lunch last night at midnight! and I got caught at 7 am this morning - LOL. Last 3 cookies too -

So guys here are the pics I promised - you have to look at the dates one cover 2 years - the other 11 weeks.

Back