oatmeal in shakes

teej

i've seen a lot of people on this site add oatmeal to their protein shakes

what's the best way to do this, do you just mix it in and force it down, seems like that'd be hard to drink. and cooked or uncooked.

Its not so bad but if Ive got time I tend to stck it all in a blender which breaks down the oats and makes a smoother drink, either way they taste great IMO

It's funny you mention this. Oatmeal in protein works great!! To gain weight! I gained literally 10-12 lbs in about 2 months of doing that, but not really good weight. U have to be careful when u do this! Do cardio, a lot of cardio!

I like that oatmeal in shakes..If I hit the snooze button a few too many times (quite often actually), I'll make a shake with whey, anpb, raw oatmeal, and water. Usually take 6-8 hard boiled eggs with me too. Fine meal for me.

yea i actually did this for the first time a few weeks ago. I was watching a MD video with evan centopani preparing his food and he did it first thing in the morning. I just put 1 cup in with my whey, shake it all up, and let it sit for like 30 min...the oats get kinda soggy but it tastes great

The oats don't dissolve no matter how long i leave it in the blender for.The one thing I haven't been able to stomach yet is whey with water.I just can't seem to slam it down without feeling uneasy.Nice looks like I'm not the only one!You don't have to have the oats in the shake.Sometimes I chew on them before hand and wash it all down with the protein.They have a somewhat nutty flavor.

The oats don't dissolve no matter how long i leave it in the blender for.The one thing I haven't been able to stomach yet is whey with water.I just can't seem to slam it down without feeling uneasy.Nice looks like I'm not the only one!You don't have to have the oats in the shake.Sometimes I chew on them before hand and wash it all down with the protein.They have a somewhat nutty flavor.

Your protein powder must be really thick cuz I tried throwing two packets of oatmeal in my shake recently and was VERY surprised how non thick it was. I'm glad I saw this thread, ill never take another shake w/o oatmeal in it!

Hmmm... I do RTD's think I could preload them with oats and keep em refrigerated if so how long before hand do you think?

I am actually shocked no one said this yet:

To get the smoothest possible shake with Oats in it, stick the oats in a coffee grinder and run it a couple times. The Oatmeal will literally be a fine powder. You won't even notice it in the shake.

I am actually shocked no one said this yet:

To get the smoothest possible shake with Oats in it, stick the oats in a coffee grinder and run it a couple times. The Oatmeal will literally be a fine powder. You won't even notice it in the shake.

i came here to post this. go to walmart and get this coffee grinder. it's like $10 and grinds the oats into a fine powder and u wont even notice it in your shake.

80344_hero.jpg

Back