Officers from NYPD arrested

P

PARKER27

This is something to laugh about.....

At least six city cops allegedly bought steroids from an illegal drug ring linked
to Major League Baseball players and other pro athletes, sources told the Daily News.

The cops' stunning connection to the drug ring emerged yesterday after investigators raided Lowen's Compounding Pharmacy in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, seizing about $8 million worth of steroids and human growth hormone, sources said.

"It's all injectable, at some $7 a shot, and more than a million shots were recovered," a source said.

Investigators from the state Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement first raided the pharmacy in May, seizing medical records and about $200,000 worth of performance-enhancing drugs.

On their return visit late Monday, state narcotics agents brought along investigators from the NYPD Internal Affairs Bureau to pore over medical records of cops who allegedly purchased anabolic steroids from the pharmacy, sources said.

The Internal Affairs officers reviewed the records of 27 current and former cops, including a chief. They determined at least six cops had questionable purchases, but discovered the chief had actually bought a topical cream, sources said.

The Internal Affairs probe is ongoing, and the tally of cops could grow, a law enforcement source said.

The raid was part of a probe launched by Albany District Attorney David Soares into illegal Internet prescription drug sales that has brought 22 indictments and nine convictions. Investigators have also questioned several major league ballplayers.

Investigators believe staff at Lowen's imported Chinese steroids and other raw materials. Doctors then faxed in prescriptions for thousands of customers. Steroids and hGH were sent to buyers in New York and other states.

Cops believe Lowen's may have done as much as $30 million worth of business in the illegal drugs in the past year alone.

John Rossi, a co-owner of Lowen's, said he had no role in the pharmacy's daily business. "I'm just here to pick up my prescription," Rossi said Monday.

Rossi's partner at Lowen's is Julius Nasso Jr. - the 27-year-old son of Julius Nasso Sr.

The elder Nasso, a trained pharmacist, is a mobbed-up movie producer who spent nearly a year in prison after he conspired with Gambino crime family hoods to extort $3 million from action movie star Steven Seagal.

Law enforcement sources said the steroid probe also is focusing on four doctors who wrote prescriptions for Lowen's clients.

One physician has offices in Brooklyn and Staten Island, sources said. Two Florida doctors are also under review, sources said. The fourth doctor died in the past few months.

Rossi's former son-in-law Edward Letendre, 31, was arrested Monday on a charge of diverting medication, but released by the Brooklyn district attorney's office, sources said.

The drugstore was closed yesterday. A small sign blamed "mechanical problems."

The raid surprised several patrons, including "Sopranos" star Tony Sirico, aka Paulie Walnuts. "What happened?" Sirico asked before shaking his head and walking off. With Scott Shifrel and Elizabeth Hays

DocJ said:
The local SWAT team trains at my gym, they're all jacked as hell.

If my life was in danger I would want a physically fit and strong officer coming to the call, not some out of shape book smart kid with a degree in who the fuck knows what.

I can see both sides of the coin here. Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) are illegal except in a few countries. If you buy/sell any drug it is illegal. Where I have a problem is decent human beings are using gear (for whatever reason) and they are being thrown into the same pit as the crack heads, and meth addicts. Actually they are probably worse off because the public is so uneducated about Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) and they get thrown inflated and false facts about gear that make everyone look like roid raging lunatics with a short fuse that are about the lose it and kill someone.

I have a hard time seeing anyone getting prosecuted for personal use. Choosing ti use gear is no worse than someone choosing to smoke or drink alcohol.

I don't think there are too many guys or girls breaking into their neighbors house to get enough money for their next cycle.

Easto said:
If my life was in danger I would want a physically fit and strong officer coming to the call, not some out of shape book smart kid with a degree in who the fuck knows what.

I can see both sides of the coin here. Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) are illegal except in a few countries. If you buy/sell any drug it is illegal. Where I have a problem is decent human beings are using gear (for whatever reason) and they are being thrown into the same pit as the crack heads, and meth addicts. Actually they are probably worse off because the public is so uneducated about Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) and they get thrown inflated and false facts about gear that make everyone look like roid raging lunatics with a short fuse that are about the lose it and kill someone.

I have a hard time seeing anyone getting prosecuted for personal use. Choosing ti use gear is no worse than someone choosing to smoke or drink alcohol.

I don't think there are too many guys or girls breaking into their neighbors house to get enough money for their next cycle.

I met a bodybuilder/nutritionist at the gym and was suprised to find out he was also a cop. This guy clearly used steroids.

Easto said:

Great Post

I know many cops that juice...its very common! They arent the ones that want to bust us anyways...its people higher than them. The cops will just be taking some for themselves!

Easto said:

You don't have that to worry about, bro. When I was in LE, I came across a good bit of recruits that fit that category well. They never made it out of the academy.

I once worked with one guy who looked like this geek on "Beauty & the Geek". Puney bod, thick glasses, the works. He couldn't carry a police radio at the time so he brought his personal scanner instead. He knew all of his lessons from cover to cover but he couldn't shoot or drive a police car worth a damn. First time working together, he ratted me out when I got in late. Me and the detective with whom we worked both told him that he wasn't going to make out of the academy, since he failed with the biggest rule....NEVER RAT OUT YOUR PARTNER FOR ANYTHING.

A week later, I heard he was kicked out the day he returned to the academy. Apparently, word got around about his loose lips. :goof:

ManOfMuscle said:

I met a bodybuilder/nutritionist at the gym and was suprised to find out he was also a cop. This guy clearly used steroids.

I'm not totally surprised. When I was in LE, I met a guy, who was the son of a popular local sports broadcaster, on the job. It was clear to see that he was juiced up alot more than I was.

Easto said:
Exactly. All of them are real nice bros except one and I think it's b/c he's jealous of me :rolleyes:

when does everyone think this "bust all steroid users/dealers" will cease? it seems like they are elimimnating every single source of anything. this sucks so bad

Good luck getting anything to stick on the cops that were clients. If they went through the proper procedures to obtain a medical prescription from a licensed US physician, they can't touch them. You'd think these task force punks would have learned their lesson when they busted Powermedica for pretty much the same thing and tried taking down a bunch of Florida deputies that were clients. Everyone of them was cleared and are back at work with back pay. Maybe someday these idiots will spend our tax dollars on something worth while......highly doubtful though.

Last edited:
I think it'll be funny when cops start getting their asses kicked by some raging lunatic on the street or in a prison. I'm sure then they'll be just as thrilled about this "War On ... Whatever The Hell We Can Fight That Won't Fight Back"

Xtreme57 said:
I think it'll be funny when cops start getting their asses kicked by some raging lunatic on the street or in a prison. I'm sure then they'll be just as thrilled about this "War On ... Whatever The Hell We Can Fight That Won't Fight Back"

The problem is that the type of "Cops" that go after steroid users/dealers aren't the kind that go after real criminals. They're too scared to do that. They would rather go after a person that is a good citizen and takes steroids or sells steroids on the side. Thats a "Safe bust" for them.

Your typical street cop that chases bank robbers, burglars, assault suspects, and hard core drug dealers, is the one that uses steroids to make him stronger so he can perform his job. He doesn't want the steroid dealers or users arrested. It's basically like there is two kinds of police out there. Real cops, and the losers that go after politically motivated "Safe crimes."

I have gotten stuff from this pharmacy before. Do you guys think I have anything to worry about? They must have my name and adress. I'm not a cop, just a regular guy.

thunderdman said:
I have gotten stuff from this pharmacy before. Do you guys think I have anything to worry about? They must have my name and adress. I'm not a cop, just a regular guy.
If you had a blood test and a medical history form completed prior to you receiving a prescription for Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) from a licensed US physician, you have nothing to worry about. If the clowns that conducted the bust are really really digging, they may try to contact you and ask you questions. If you're smart, tell them to politely to F off. :flipoffha

Back