Randy Couture vs Vitor Belfort

Babyfaced Assassin said:
bigdaddy that's true

Even if he fought his mind wouldn't be focussed on the fight :(

Poor guy
My best regards to the Belfort Family!

I hope they find her. This is just awful.:(

Apparently he says he's still going to fight. I don't know how on earth is able to train with that on his mind.:(

Some people use thinigs like this as motivation, it will be interesting to see how he comes out during the fight.

bigdaddy22 said:
Some people use thinigs like this as motivation, it will be interesting to see how he comes out during the fight.

Yes, that's the only thing I could think of that would keep him going. Using a negative situation to fuel his fire. I do want him to come in hungry!:D

I read this on another board, thought I'd post it here as well.

MMA Weekly

Good news for the UFC on Tuesday. Vitor Belfort has landed in Las Vegas and is relaxing from a very long plane ride. He seems to be in good spirits and looks forward to the fight.

Belfort arrived yesterday and despite everything that has been going on in his personal life, with his missing sister, Belfort is in great shape and looks forward to fighting Couture.

Vitor will train in Las Vegas over the next 9 days as he gets his body accustomed to Vegas from his home in Brazil and looks to focus on the UFC Light Heavyweight title as he told friends "I will bring the title back to my homeland of Brazil." He has said this fight will be a pleasant distraction from the events that has happened to his family. His sister is still missing and no new leads have been found in her case.

bigdaddy22 said:

probably he could make up stories in his mind that it was randy who took his sister and beat the hell out of him:p , but kidding aside i don't think anybody can have that kind of concentration when something like this happens in their own family.

Vitor is looking good but probably a little bit softer then he was against eastman, Randy on the other hand looks great like always. I will talk to you all on Sunday when I get back from vegas!!

bigdaddy22 said:
Vitor is looking good but probably a little bit softer then he was against eastman, Randy on the other hand looks great like always. I will talk to you all on Sunday when I get back from vegas!!

Have a great time bigdaddy!:D

*Spoiler*

Vitor just beat randy in like 10 seconds of the first round with a fluke cut to the eye
Good for vitor but im sure neither fighter wanted the fight to go that way

Yes, it was an unfortunate incident that's for sure. One thing that I did find disrespectful was the crowd booing at the end when Vitor was talking. I mean, come on people, have a little respect. It's no like Vitor wanted to win that way. I hope that Randy is okay in the end though.

You know something?! if there was one thing the bothered me about the entire UFC, it would have to be the ignorance of the fans. Iwas surprised by how so many people had no idea what the hell was going on. Fans started booing when fighters were on the ground fighting for position, or when they were feeling each other out while standing up. I even had some people behind me that did not know that randy was in themain event. It really was sad, it made me mad because i thought of people like you who would love to be there but for some reason cant, and yet you know so much about the fighters as well as the time and effort that goes into preparing for a fight or even training. And then the topper was when they were booing Vitor, then I realized that most these people have no idea what was going on in this guys life, and how he was apologizing for the fight ending the way it did. Neither fighter wanted this, yet like Fyre said it is still nice to see Vitor with the belt around his waist.

Back