Snagency Primordially shifts to V2.0, 16-week bodybuilding prep with Andro Series

Beast. All I can possibly say.

things are shaping up rather nicely, indeed! :D

notes for today: feeling pretty well recovered from yesterday's tennis thrashing of my son..we played 2 sets, and his game is improved since i played him last year (he's on the JV high school team now), but dad still pulled out 6-3, 6-0 match..the first 5 games of the second set all went to deuce, was a crazy set (and a long one, for the score)..

performed a back/shoulder session this morning (mixing up the splits a bit), and supersetted thruout (felt great!), before i take a day off tomorrow, which will be off day #7 in prep, coming in 7th week.

It is sad that tennis is one of the few sports that I have never played. Always seems to me you are either someone who has the opportunity to play, or not. Always looked fun though.

It is sad that tennis is one of the few sports that I have never played. Always seems to me you are either someone who has the opportunity to play, or not. Always looked fun though.

oh it's a great game, man..not one you see many bb'ers participating in, as it's not real conducive to the same goals. is pretty hard on the joints too, if you're playing at a high level - lots of quick & forceful pivots that destroy knees & ankles (and blow out calves uh-oh). :p
my ex got me into the game ~ a decade ago, so i come late to the sport..something about it tho - the challenge of mastering something new at a late age, and learning something that did NOT come easy to me (plus the fact it was the only physical exercise activity that my wife shared a common interest in) - it is a fun game, once you learn the nuances, for sure.

smallish update:
one of the guys i train (the guy who works on the railroad) wanted to get some tennis in yesterday morning, so we played ~50min set..he pulled it out late, a 6-4 win -- i have to let him win every once in awhile, ahahaaaaa.. :D
was some good rallies tho, got a great sweat going. SO, it wasn't truly an off day after all yesterday..
squats and lunges this morning, and more tennis this evening with another opponent. gonna put my legs thru the paces today. :chomp:

follow-up on yesterday:
ohh man..great legs session in the morning, went ATG squats/DB lunges/DB RDL/leg extensions ss with leg curls/standing calf raises..could barely walk when finished!
and then, played 3 sets (~2hrs) of tennis in the evening..
i am a sore mofo today.
despite thinking about resting, gotta gear up for a chest sesssion this morning, no time for rest right now.

(plenty of time to rest anyway after i'm dead) :axe:

;)

FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC chest session fellas!! :)
let me preface this by saying: i rarely discuss my #'s as stated before, i just don't think they matter. first and foremost, i am not a "strongman", and have no desire to throw around insane amount of weights. secondly (and just as important), unless you are a strongman, or training for a powerlifting comp, #'s simply do not matter - we are in competition with ourselves and our own development, not with whatever #'s someone online posts they are doing.....
BUT -- that said, let me share what i just did. as a nod to my conditioning (and still being sore as hell from yesterday, even the shoulder from too many power serves), i decided to do a shorter, power-based session this day. rest periods were backed up to 2min between sets, and tempo was slowed down a bit..
led off with flat DB bench, intent was 5x6-10 rep range.. i got the 125s (biggest DBs i have) for 10/10/9/9/8.
then, moved to incline DB bench.. i got the 100s for 3 sets of 10 (and it was fairly light, surprised me).
couple sets of rotating DB decline bench @100s (where i start in negative position w/ DB parallel to my body, finish with DB in perpendicular plane), then finished with 100reps on the PerfectPushups (5 sets of 20 reps each, 60sec rest betwen sets).
session was preceeded by 8min warm-up/cooldown on the glider (perfect for me for intent of bloodflow)..ABSOLUTELY pleased with strength. this, btw, is how i measure my strength: in a combination of weight moved + duration invloved (reps), rather than "1RM" as i see most ppl refer to strength #s.
and today -- I AM STRONG. :D

9717bd.jpg

ifor9l.jpg

couple pics, following (showing off the pump).
(good thing pics aren't till next w/e, cuz i gotta shave again and there's no time this week!) :p

END WEEK #7
9 WEEKS OUT FROM SHOW

Weight: 190.0, down slightly but essentailly unchanged.

Strength: Still excellent.

Stamina: Still excellent.

Drive: While still above board, not on full-speed-ahead throttle as in weeks 1-4.

Recovery: Still off the charts..BUT, comparatively speaking, I have noticed recovery lagging a tad from what it had been previously to this point. I don't know if it's because of being on the product this long and my body getting acclimated to it finally, or if it's due rather to increased tennis activity and heavy training sessions this past week. My guess is, a combination of both.

Discussion/Summary:
Not much new to say, again I seem to be in a holding pattern, making small improvements/very slight modifications, and looking ahead to the changes that await me next week. It has been a great ride to this point, most certainly.

Had me an ill-advised cheat night last night, couple hours long..
Figured I since I was feeling a tad run down, and timewise figuring this may be the last chance for this for the duration of prep (last week of AMv3 & 9 weeks out), I think the idea of a refeed was sound -- simply the execution of it was not..I got carried away. :eek:
No worries - I know how to rectify the damage, and I'll be fine by the end of the week. It just set me back about 3 days is all..leg session on tap this morning, purrfekt to work some of this waterweight off. ;)

Quick follow-up:
successful leg session, despite joints being a lil stiff lol..
threw in some walking BB lunges today, kept it fairly light, went up to 135..these felt good! also did some heel-raised squats, and standing cable inner thigh lifts, ended with some leg curls and calf raises..
sweat was profuse (pic to prove it! :p).. felt great thruout.

t96sfb.jpg

some pics here tonight before i jet out the door for a PT session..
my arms are getting some crazy cuts in them, looks kinda weird.

random pic..
i've recovered pretty well from my nonsense food-fest on SUN, feeling lean again and back on track.

today will be the last day for my postWO shake concoction i believe..will redistribute those cals/carbs amongst my 6 meals for the rest of the week.
starting SAT, i go to my low-carb/2x weekly carb-up diet that i am very familiar with..time to kick this peeled gig to the next level.

c156d.jpg

another random pic, since i haven't had any of food in awhile..

9ipvc.jpg

as a substitute for my daily meal of chicken breast (and especially when i do not have time to cook), i piece together these three meats.
2oz each of the new Carving Board selections of turkey breast and chicken breast, and a can of tuna.
cals/macros almost identical to 8oz chicken breast - and you get three different sources of protein in the meal, not to mention the higher sodium to help keep that intake up right now..
i am hooked on this combo, tasty stuff!

now - for a real food pic..
dinner tonight:
8oz steak + 4oz lean turkey, grilled to perfection.
(obligatory ginormous salad on da side)

NVuFt.jpg

yummy..food pics have to keep pace with my physique pics LOL. :p

quick update:
dietary changes made this week have been extremely effective, altho in over-correcting i dropped a few pounds, down to 187.8 ..
no worries, as i'm noticeably tighter and sharper and the excess needed to come off anyway.
i actually ran out of AndroMASS, yesterday was last dose, so bridged into Mechabol this morning @2 caps/day for today & tomorrow, then 3 caps mecha + 6 caps AndroHARD daily beginning Saturday.
getting a true full rest day today -- feeling great!
final review for AMv3 will be posted this w/e.

Back