Soul Rebel's trying to get DIESEL log

AngryMuscles said:
hey bro, why not get vids of your lifts for reference. we would appreciate it over here
Angry, I don't really have time to shoot them and upload them to the comp. Additionally, I only have access to an old digital camera (my gf's) which captures maybe 30 sec. of footage. However, I will have to talk to my training partner when he gets back, as the thought has crossed my mind as a way for others to critique my form.

yeah, i'd look dumb video-taping..maybe if i did it early on a sunday morning when no one was in the gym

Yesterday's workout, I was very short on time, as I had to go to work. Only spent about 45 min. in the gym.
Flat Bench
155x5
185x5
225x5
275x5
315x3<--Just trying to switch things up a little
Bench felt weak, almost as if I was still fatigued from Friday. I actually did 4 of the 315, but the fourth rep was spotted. A rushed day undoubtedly attributed to this, as my rest periods were 2 min. max; I usually need about 3-4 min on my last set.
Bent-over Rows
165x8
195x8
225x8
255x8
Rows felt really good today, didn't compromise form too much, if at all.
4s hanging leg raises
4s oblique work

Last edited:
I bench and row on Monday and Friday, per Bill Starr's 5x5. You're also supposed to squat MWF, but my knees can't take the punishment. Wednesday is deadlift day, Friday is more for accessory work.

Decided to switch things up a little bit...
Standing MP
135x8
155x8
175x5
*No matter how many times I try to do this exercise, it just feels like I'm not doing it correctly, and it ends up hurting my shoulders. Next time, I'll probably do HS shoulder press.
SLDL
185x5
225x5
275x5
315x5
355x5
I haven't done these in quite a while, so overall, I'm content with the numbers.
Barbell Shrugs
275x10
315x10
365x10
405x10
455x8
3s medium grip pull-ups
4s bent-over lat raises
Overall not bad today considering my core was still sore from Monday. But of course it could've been better.

Was short on time yesterday yet again.
Flat Bench
155x5
185x5
225x5
245x5
275x8
3s of skullcrushers 125x8
3x12 of BW Dips
Bent-over Rows
165x8
195x8
225x8
255x6 (grip was slipping for some reason, probably due to shorter than usual rest periods)
3s of cable crunches
Didn't have time to do bi's today, but overall it was a decent day considering I was so short on time (had less than 45min. total). I'm looking forward to my lifting partner coming back next Wed. so I can finally get a good spot.

nice work buddy...you aren't still at 240lbs are you?
weak...hahah, looking pretty strong to me

Thanks man. Nah actually I'm slightly lighter, about 235lbs. But I do think I'm quite weak, especially considering some people on this board are either monsters or strong as fuck.

Soul Rebel said:
Thanks man. Nah actually I'm slightly lighter, about 235lbs. But I do think I'm quite weak, especially considering some people on this board are either monsters or strong as fuck.
less not lose sight of the board you are on either.
esp concidering your still natty or mostly natty. your lifts are strong, be proud of that.

Thanks adida. Did some light trail walking today for cardio (had to spend time with the woman). Yesterday, for the first time in months I felt good enough to squat.
flat bench
155x5
185x5
225x5
245x5
275x5
315x1
Everything felt heavy today on the bench.
squat
225x15
i really thought I could get 20, as I used to do it with ease, but ego got the best of me. Regardless, it just felt good to squat again.
bent-over rows
165x8
195x8
225x8
My back was fatigued from the squats, so I decided to not continue rather than doing a sloppy set and risking injury. The arrival of the rehband knee sleeves have helped me out tremendously. Below average workout, but I was just excited to squat again.

Damn I just posted all that shit from my phone. That took a long ass time, but I gotta be dedicated to, and keep up with, this journal.

Pics of me or the phone? Lol. I'm still a little too fat and small to be posting pics, possibly in a couple of months after I finish cutting. I am hopeful that I will reach my goal.

Aczech said:
damn, that's three very taxing exercises you've got there
Yeah I'm thinking very seriously at going to a more traditional push/pull type routine. On to today's workout, I'm only going to list the working sets from now on.
hs shoulder press
105 (on each side)x8
SLDL
355x5
barbell shrugs
365x8 (forgot the wraps at home)
2s pullups 2s chins
4s bent-over lat raises
4s weighted cable crunches
Getting tired of this routine. Likely switching next week.

Back