Soul Rebel's trying to get DIESEL log

Thanks bro. This week has really been fucked up as far as lifting is concerned, I got to lift last night, but that was only my second day this week. I was going to try and get in today right before work, but I don't think it's very wise or possible. I also won't have time to lift tomorrow due to school and work... Last night's workout was kinda shitty, I hit all working sets, but just really didn't feel like I had any sort of intensity.
Shoulders/Traps
DB Military press 85x6x3
HS shoulder press 100x8x3
Upright rows 105x8x3
Shrugs 405x10x2
Bent-over side laterals 4x8

I haven't had time to update this past week, but I only lifted twice; I'm finding it harder and harder to keep a regular schedule. This week, however should be a little different, as no important school projects/tests/midterms, but next week maybe back to the same old shit. Strength has stayed the same, but I feel as if my physique is suffering, although it could just be psychological.

Felt good to be finally lifting on a Monday.
Chest and Tri's
DB Press 110x5x3
Incline DB press (HS wasn't available) 85x8x3 (too light)
Incline DB fly3x10
BW Dips 3x12
Cable Pushdowns 150xfailurex2
Cable Crunches 3s
I thought strength could've been better, but the good news is that I cleaned up the diet some and weighed in at 229 this morning. I figure that I was hovering ~235 range, the past couple weeks.

I've still been getting in the gym, but only about twice a week at best. Strength has diminished and it sucks--it's definitely disheartening. I'm trying to find more time to get in, but with projects and papers due weekly (currently taking only 15 credits though), working 35 hours a week, and dealing with typical gf rants, my lifting just may have to get sacrificed this semester. I really couldn't imagine how guys would complain of not having time to workout, but I'm certainly understand now. I'm trying to start up a modified 5x5 to suit my schedule, so hopefully I'll get more time to post up the results.

don;t worry about it, bro

if you're tired, don't force it...at all!!!

maybe it's time to take a break from gym?

Just dropping in here, since I didn't really lift all of last semester. I am, however, getting back into it (using the good 'ole 5x5 again) and am putting up better numbers. Last week I pulled 355x5 (pause at the bottom of course) and 280x5 bench, with a set of 315 afterwards just for peace of mind. Weight is a little high due to the holidays, but I'm running and looking a little bit leaner. I'm pretty committed to cardio, seeing as how I specifically bought running shoes. Anyway, I'm gonna keep diet relatively solid and try to cardio 3x a week until about April. Then I'm probably going to get on some Superdrol and put my liver through hell; although I hear it's pretty worth it. This upcoming "cycle" will be my third in three years, although my first one (some bullshit ph--I was pretty stupid to even try it) didn't really count, as I didn't gain much if anything at all.

Had an off day yesterday, was weak as fuck. Ran another 2.5 miles today. Friday will be "mile day" so to speak, where I will test how fast I can run a mile.

Thurs. back/shoulders
Deadlift: 355x5
Traps: 315x10x3 (no straps, can't hold much heavier w/o them)
DB Shoulders: 80x8x3
Side laterals 4x10
Rotator cuff strength work
Overall, a pretty decent day. Pulling felt a little weaker than last week, but legs were kinda sore. Strength still not where it used to be and far from where it needs to be, but I'm getting it back slowly.

Started DeFranco's Westside for Skinny Bastards this past week; felt pretty good. I'm trying to lost more weight and gain flexibility in an effort to be more athletic and less bulky. Will post the weak-ass numbers from this upcoming week on.

Mon ME upper body
Floor press 275x4 (pause at the bottom)
DB press 70x25, x12, x10
BB rows superset w/ face pulls
DB traps 120x15x3
DB Alt Curls 45x15, x12, x10

Wed DE Lower Body (did not have time to lift Tues)
Box Jumps 3s of 8
Bulgarian split squats holding 45lb db's 3s of 12
Hyper Extensions holding 35lb plate 3s of 10
hanging leg raises until failure 30 reps (tough to keep strict form)

Thanks man. I'm feeling better on this routine, and I must admit it's kicking my ass.
Upper Body Rep Day
BB Press 185x23, x13, x10 (still not used to the reps, I'm sure I'd be able to do more once my body's more accustomed to such high reps)
Pull-Downs (Underhand grip) w/bent over DB fly superset 4s
DB military press 4s
BB Shrugs w/ pushdowns 3s superset
Grip work-BB Holds w/ fat bar and 315 3s

ME Lower Body
Box Squats (using a 12" bench) 285x5
-pretty hard for a guy my size
Walking Lunges holding 40lb dbs 10x3 (these fucken kick my ass)
Pull-throughs 3s
Ab circuit 2s

Last edited:
Monday ME Upper Body
Floor Press 285x3 (pause at the bottom)
Max Reps DB Press 75x25, x15
3s BB Rows (225) superset w/ face pulls
DB Shrugs (No Wraps, bare grip) 125x12x3
DB Curls 45x12x3

DE lower body
Unfortunately had to cut it short today, only did the first two exercises.
Box squat (sidewards jump)
8s of 3
Bulgarian split squats
2s holding 45lb dbs
That's it, was running late for work.

Today: rep upper body day
Bb press max reps
185x23, x16, x10
Pull downs (using chin-up grip) superset w/ bent over fly
3s of 10reps each
4s db shoulders 70x10, x10, x8, x8 (triceps were dead)
Bb Shrugs superset w/ tri pushdown 3s 12 reps shrugs, 25 reps pushdowns
3s grip; 315lb static holds

Last edited:
ME Lower Body
Box Squats 12" box 315x3
Walking lunges holding 45 lb. db's
Hyper-extensions
Felt tired and lazy at the gym due to this week's (including last night) end of finals partying. Routine changes next week, so I'll have to pick out a few new exercises. Loving the routine thus far though, good change of pace from what I'm normally used to, and I feel as though I'm getting slightly stronger (obviously still not as strong as I should be or once was) while being leaner and more flexible.

Monday ME upper body
Incline bb press 225x4 (super weak and gay; haven't inclined in 6+ months)
Db floor press 70x22, x20 (way too light)
3s Cable row superset w/ rear delt fly
Behind the back bb shrugs 315x15x4
Incline db curls 4x10
Decent day, the incline was fucken ridiculous though.

Back