Votes: 108 36.7%
  • ARE Bad for you

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • ARE NOT good for you, but they WONT hurt you

Votes: 60 20.4%
  • ARE bad for you, but not THAT bad for you

Votes: 108 36.7%

• Total voters
100% true and correct! Yet how many hundreds of thousands of people of all ages have OD'ed on cocaine or heroine, and how many on AS (if at all possible)? What pisses me off is the politicians and the media who classify AS in the same category as these drugs (icluding alcohol, which is legal and kills thousands every year, especially innocent people & children) without producing a shred of evidence to back up their claim that AS is "bad" for you. Nor do they ever produce any solid evidence that AS has infiltrated the high schools & jr. high's. Its just all heresay. Pretty soon the genreal public is going to require some evidence to back up all these claims, because they are being told how "bad" AS are, yet time is passing and they are seeing no evidence to these claims of how bad they are.

Muraco said:
Well, can some case histories be provided? Proof of their long-term sides (which I definitely believe can happen). Matarazzo? Flex Wheeler? Alzado? Are we able to count more than a dozen names within the last 40+ years? Despite hundreds of thousands of athletes, perhaps millions, using them within that time frame. And if so, can we present 100% solid evidence that AS is solely responsible for these people's afflictions? Why are these drugs being treated as halucinogens, when people use them for the 100% opposite effect?

Great post

StoneColdNTO said:
I'll tell you one thing, if any of you think that steroids do not have negative, long term effects, well, you're all just kidding yourselves.

Jeezzzz, there sure are a lot of people in denial...........

I think the answer is more like yes they are bad for us, they have many negative side effects, long term side effects that will probably take some years off our lives, but we are willing to make that sacrifice because we love the positive things they do for us and they are addictive and many of us have trouble quitting for good once we stop a cycle because we love the way they make us look and feel.

Last edited:
thats an honest answer tman..

Dieselman--- i thought of this poll when i heard about what jose canseco said, I dont really know what he meant by Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) in moderation are actually good for you, i was just curious if other people on the boards had that opinion or they had more of a "its worth the risk" (ie tman) opinion.

getfitdoc said:
thats an honest answer tman..

Dieselman--- i thought of this poll when i heard about what jose canseco said, I dont really know what he meant by Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) in moderation are actually good for you, i was just curious if other people on the boards had that opinion or they had more of a "its worth the risk" (ie tman) opinion.

AAS in moderation may have no long term sides. That is a big may. Most people on the boards do not take them in moderation. Plain and simple.

I am definitely one of those people that is in denial! I have been studying the use of AS, as most of you also have, since I was 17 or 18. I began using at 19. I'm 40 now and still using, but much bigger cycles. Maybe my time is limited, I don't know. Kidney problems from megadoses over many years are a definite possibility. We already know the effects of huge doses of orals, as a few athletes from the '70's have been treated for major problems and survived. I guess the big question in the near future as our society becomes more drug-induced will be something like: What is the better of two evils? People who use halucinogenic drugs for intoxication and escape? Or people who use AS drugs for possible increased athletic performance and health? (Yes, I said health!) lol! GH could fit into that category, also.

Why do people want to bring in other drugs like Heroin and halucinogenic drugs to this post. Yes i would say some are in denial and no not everybody will suffer the adverse affects of long term steroid use, but I might add that many of us will end up suffering in some fashion and that abusing any drug is bad for you.

Last edited:
drk_diggler said:
You forgot both good and bad for you... Everything has its ups and downs... The real question is do the benefits outweigh the sides...

Agree...I mean I think a moderate dose, can be OK for for you. But again I don't think doing a moderate dose 12 times would be good.

tman55 Why do people want to bring in other drugs like Heroin and halucinogenic drugs to this post.
Again...because the government, media, etc. is treating AS as such. So, are they as bad as those other drugs? They keep saying they are, without providing any evidence. The one single peice of "evidence" they will be clinging to at the upcoming trials will be about the one single kid who took AS and supposedly committed suicide because of them...or so his parents say. Probably the only kid in history to do so.
Yes, if we abuse any drug long term we could pay for it eventually. But if the general public started abusing caffeine or advil, should it be classified in the same category as "illegal" drugs?

Muraco said:
The one single peice of "evidence" they will be clinging to at the upcoming trials will be about the one single kid who took AS and supposedly committed suicide because of them...or so his parents say. Probably the only kid in history to do so.

The kid killed himself probably because of the same pressure he felt 'forced' him to use steroids. Bad parenting. On the site they mention how his brother played all state or some shit. So much importance is place on athletics that its just sick. Kids are willing to do anything and everything to succeed and when they can't they feel like shit and then might kill themselves, because of the pressure they feel.

I had pretty good parents that never forced me into anything, I never felt pressure to be anything I wasn't and I ended up pretty good. The father in this case wants to blame the 'evil' drugs that killed his son because he doesn't wna to admit that he is a bad parent. Now I'm going to go out n a limb here and say that it's similar to a lot of other kids who get hooked on heroin and shit. How many times are they from an affluent family, were a great student, etc, etc? A lot of the time. Anyone who knows shit about adictions will tell you that the drugs aren't the problem, they are seen as a solution, or an escape.

Of course in out superficial society, we can't understand why a top athlete with straight A's a hot girlfriend would ever kill himself, so it must have been the drugs that made him 'insane'. Hell, why don't we just lock up everyone who actually aspires to be their own man and find themselves.

Last edited:
^^^^^

Funny but true

Man I've seen bros lately with cancer, kidney diseases, problems with their lungs and whatnot, if you seriously think steroids at literally any dosage wont do damage over the years your kidding yourself, one of the old timers at my gym has cancer and its no doubt related to his 40+ year steroid usage, others who have used for 20-30 plus years are running into serious trouble but I think what seperates the new juicers is they know more about the drugs, I know dudes who took nearly 5 grams of Test back in the day, nowadays most.. well some people wouldnt go over 500 mg, we have a better knowledge about steroids which will help us in the long term but it's inevitable we will suffer for being above the crop no matter how educated we are.

A truely interesting topic this..

I tell ya I have only taken two cycles, and while I was happy with results. I have since noticed some side effects. From my own personal opinion, looking back I think I would have been better not doing them. Too late now, but I have decided not to take them again. While its great to put on the bulk, look good, and see the results from working out, I think I value my health more than trying to make myself look better..

And of course once you get started on steds it can be tempting to keep doing them..

food is good for us. but only used properly. if abused, it can kill as well. many long term abuse side effects.overeating, undereating, eating garbage,(supersize me).Sunshine can kill us for that matter, unless certain precautions are taken.

ya anything can kill us..

its like i always say, life causes death.

Very interesting thread. In fact, I think much has been brought up since this thread that applies. I am simply bumping it to see what others think.

One of the things that has come up since this thread was started is the study published by the English Journal of Medicine, which was quoted in the HBO special on steroids.

I'm just adding a little fuel to this fire is all.

I'd say that using supraphysiological doses of steroids have many possible negative effects on your health. Most of us do seem to be willing to put up with them in order to achieve a better body.

Good? Bad? Can you define these terms when applied to this context?

Tai's idea of a Correct cycle
Take them till their gone.. when they'r gone.. save up till u can run another

I use Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) for bb. i like the ehnacement it brings to me reaching beyond my own natural potential. On another note, i have scoliosis, curvature of the spine. It has only affected my slightly, ie. squats hurt sping coz of downward pressure on a not so str8 spine-you do the physics. However i notice that after a cycle, my back is in the best shape. It feels strong again and has better range of motion w/o pain. This can be a debilitaing disease, the use of the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) strongly deters its effects on my body.

Steroids used correctly are good for you.

push says so

Last edited:
Back