The Benjamin Button Cycle

leanbody

man on a mission
Hey Brothas in Iron;
Here goes my BB spring cycle!
The Goal - approaching my 50th b-day in August - hoping to turn the clock back so i can be 37 when it arrives
- WITHOUT the use of body doubles or special effects - just VitaminT! and a little Deca!
This is going to be my second test cycle and it's going to be from March 1 until mid June - just in time for beach weather ;-)

Current Stats:
6'2"
201lbs
13% body fat

Goals:
235lbs w/ 10-11% body fat (after cycle & water weight loss - 225 solid
Strength increase in all of my major lifts
Size increase on my delts, traps, quads & calves.
Decrease in belly fat.

The Training Split:
Sat: Chest, back; 60 mins intense cardio
Sun:Legs & Abs
Mon: Back Width &Thickness, Delts & traps
Tues: Calves; Shoulders & Tris; 60 mins intense cardio
Wed: rest
Thurs: legs- hams, quads; 60 mins intense cardio
Friday:Biceps, Forearms

I'm going to focus on lifting heavier low reps; drop sets 4 days a week and going for high reps on Sat/Sun

Cycle:
Wk 1-6 test C 500 mg (2 pins)
Wk 7-12 Test E 500mg (2 pins)
Wk 1-11 deca 400mg 2pin/week
Wk 8-14 Winstrol (winny) oral 50mg/day
Wk 1-12 .5mg adex eod; AIFM 2sprays eod
If needed: Caber .5mg 2x per week (see if I need it after that with the winny)
PCT 2 weeks after last shot of Test E

Clomid at 50mg ED for 4 weeks, taper from there, add Nolva if desired at 20-40mg ED.
Weeks 3-until PCT HCG 500 IU 2x per week

Diet:
3,500 to 4,000 calories; 2800 is my maintenance

Start date March 1 - Yup - I'm 1 week in!

Last edited:
Not much to report - had a coupla kick ass workouts over the weekend and a short but intense leg w/o today. Tomorrow have to travel for work so going to visit Golds in long beach...it's not Venice, but might be interesting - i need some motivation! LOL

Just a quick little comment, many more will come after Thursday (things will finally slow down for me).

This cycle should yield some great gains for you, but I think your weight gain/body fat loss goals are a little off. After a quick calculation it looks as if you are hoping to gain 35lbs of muscle while loosing 5lbs of body fat. A 40lb swing in 14 weeks is impossible. I think half of that would be a more accurate goal. If you could get to 215 with 11% body fat when all is said and done, I would call that an INCREDIBLY successful cycle.

Bro good luck!

But first, WAYYYYY too much volume if your gonna be lifting heavy, your gonna overtrain. If you go heavy, would go for 3days a week, with cardio offdays and 20min after. Even when on a cyle i tend to train 3times a week with 100% intensity, some advanced guys with great recovery skills can do a 4th day, most can not when lifting heavy. Iwe been training heavy for 7years and only very rarely will do a 4th day.
I would go for a push-pull-legs split with 5x5, DC style split(2way) with not doing restpauses unless you are very advanced, or the never failing classic: Squat-Bench-Deadlift split.

If you wanna train that many days a week, do high volume-low intesity but you wont have that great results.

Think about it, its your choice and ill be looking forward to reading this:)

This cycle should yield some great gains for you, but I think your weight gain/body fat loss goals are a little off. After a quick calculation it looks as if you are hoping to gain 35lbs of muscle while loosing 5lbs of body fat. A 40lb swing in 14 weeks is impossible. I think half of that would be a more accurate goal. If you could get to 215 with 11% body fat when all is said and done, I would call that an INCREDIBLY successful cycle.

Exactly what I was going to say. You can't gain 45 lbs of muscle in a cycle.

I like your thinking lean body! feel stronger...look younger......feel better! Oh and happy 50th man!

Okay doodes!!!- Thanks for giving me SHIT on my goals! :finger:Hahahaha
I know that's not realistic, but I like to shoot high. I def appreciate your input and will take it to heart - this will def evolve over the next 3 weeks until i settle into the "routine."

here's the biggest challenges i face - I'll appreciate any suggestions/criticism:
1. I love going to lift (6 days is really a minimum these days - overtraining?) - I have to force myself to take days off - I get a "ZEN" high from it(Dopamine?Endorphins?) that keeps my sanity (I have a very hectic life!)
2. Sat & Sun I always workout with a bunch of guys at the gym - It's intense fun, but I don't have control over the workout 'cause it is a circuit and one of the guys (a trainer) calls the shots. We always do 6 sets(circuits)
Sat:Chest & back (DB bench; DB incline bench; 1 arm rows; tbar rows;HS decline bench; wide grip cable pull downs.) The goal is always 12-20 reps per set
Sun:Legs - squats; Gorilla squats, leg press hack squats, walking lunges w/ 50lb BB. The workout is non stop for 50 mins - I am sure my heartrate gets up to about 140-150 and stays there for the whole time.
I don't know if this style of working out supports my goals (size)...any thots?
3. Diet - i do pretty good here but gain fat when I add in too many carbs. (Just finished a CKD which was successful 2.5% drop in BF) My metabolism isn't the same as 20 years ago. I get 7-8 meals a day - not huge ones but for example Oatmeal & scrambled eggs; some veggies & 8 oz chicken breast; steak & celery; protein shakes (2) cottage cheese, etc.

Anyways - I know i'll do "okay" with this cycle, but I would really like to maximize it's effectiveness and get bigger, leaner and meaner (ok joking about the meaner part) I don't want to get up to 235 and 17% BF only to cut down to 205/210 and 13% I don't have time to mess around any more with workouts/cycle that don't get results.

Whoa - so that was an epistle - hope some of you are still reading. :rolleyes2

On a positive note.... did flat bench today and hit 205 for the first time in 20 years - 4 reps - felt pretty damn good ( bet not many of you can match that! - i mean the 20 year part LOL.) Also did incline bench at 155 and could have gone heavier w/ a spotter. test is def kicking in big time - way faster than last cycle! and no orals this time so i dont have that puffy look....

Thanks guys.

Ill give you more of my stupid opions later:D but just a quckie.

Im always happy to see a guy think a lot about what hes doing, many times that is a big thing in succes!

It is a relly crazy attitude to have that you have to train 6days a minimum, a you training for the results or for just to train? There are very litle changes of gaining major strength with that, or maintaining high intensity, and im all for high intesity/low volume.
I know you been reading milkys journal, he is getting stronger and great results and hes going quite low volume, would he have that succes with high volume/Low intensity, not in my opinion.

But mate i feel ya, i love training, but not as much as results;)

Ill give you more of my stupid opions later:D but just a quckie.

Im always happy to see a guy think a lot about what hes doing, many times that is a big thing in succes!

It is a relly crazy attitude to have that you have to train 6days a minimum, a you training for the results or for just to train? There are very litle changes of gaining major strength with that, or maintaining high intensity, and im all for high intesity/low volume.
I know you been reading milkys journal, he is getting stronger and great results and hes going quite low volume, would he have that succes with high volume/Low intensity, not in my opinion.

But mate i feel ya, i love training, but not as much as results;)

Hey Mike
Thanks for the words of wisdom - suks but i know u are right. i tell you it's the only time in my day when i don't think about work, or my kids or the stockmarket or my lousy neighbors! LOL But u are right - I do have to limit it to make some gains.

To make a long story short, I am rethinking the workout, and yes - Milky is a good example - he's got an almost scientific approach to it - me, I'm more like a painter - I want to just put more and more on top! hahahaha

I 'll keep u popsted when it all shakes out. in the meantime, to quote Milky, I feel my "steroid muscles" coming back! - damn i love that feeling!

Dudes;
Yesterday was a good day - no workout - just 30 mins of mellow cardio (watching TV walking on the treadmill- 400 cals) and 4 sets of crunches

200mg Deca
250mg Test C
AIFM
.5 (or .05?)mg Adex - (small amount in dropper - forgot how it's calibrated.)

FoodCalories 3,958
Fat 112.6gms 1,008 26 %

Carb 378.4gms 1,503 38 %
Dietary Fiber 34.1gm

Protein 342gms 1,401 36 %

To my amazement - I was low on protein; high on fat. Had dinner out at a restaurant so that's always a crap shoot.

Today
shoulders

Seated DB military
pyramid 35,45,55 x 8-10 reps
dropset 55,50,40,30 8-3 reps
dropset 45,35,25 8-5 reps

Seated military (BB)
6 sets 8-10 x 65

Superset (6):
Reverse flyes 10 x 90
incline military press 10 x105

tonite - 60 mins intense boxing cardio

Friday off

Sat March 14

Yo Bro's so here was Sat - Fukkin Awsome day - I'm trashed today (sun ) & so am going to rest

JUICE
200 mg deca
250mg Test C
2x aifm

AM W/O
circuit 6 sets
HS incline press
10x90
10x110 (5sets)​

HS Decline Press
10x90
8x110
8x140(4sets)​

HS Flat press
10 x 110
6x180
8x160 (4sets)​

T Bar row
10x70
10x120
8x120(4sets)​

Wide grip Cable pull Down
10 x 100
10x120
10x150
10x160(3 sets)​

Flat bench (2 drop sets of 38reps )
10x145;7x125;7x105;7x85;7x65​

Tricep cable pushdowns
4 sets 8 x 110
Bi BB curls
4 sets 10 x 65​
Hammer curls
10 x 35
10x40
6x45
8x35​

decline Ab crunches w/ 25#
4 sets of 10​

Cardio Boxing
(3 hrs later)
10 mins warm up jumprope
10 mins shadow boxing
20 mins lite sparring
10 min bag work
10 mins core (crnches, etc.)​

So your going for crazy volume i see hehe:D

I had hopes for you my friend;) Up the protein tho to 400grams per day atleast imho.

Also even with gear, your results are gonna be 50% with that kind of workload and cardio regime!

But hey my word is not gospel, its just what i think! Keep it up!

Hey Mike - i appreciate the input - I did introduce 2 rest days a week! So you are thinking I could make greater size gains with 5 x5 routine heavy?

Thanks bro!
So your going for crazy volume i see hehe:D

I had hopes for you my friend;) Up the protein tho to 400grams per day atleast imho.

Also even with gear, your results are gonna be 50% with that kind of workload and cardio regime!

But hey my word is not gospel, its just what i think! Keep it up!

5x5 is good and always seems to work, but i like to train my muscles twice per 9days, etra high intensity but low on volume, excellent for strength gains and you get two growth phases in 9days instead of one. There are plenty of great westside bodybuilding programs on the net for this, one good one is ´´westside for skinny basterds´´, really nice program that will take care of the strength and hypetrophy at the same time. Also if you feel that you can train with 110% intensity, start studying DC training(intensemuscle.com), Like DC said the program is about getting you big and strong pronto! With DC you would have to through out high intensity cardio tho.

Oh and even if you dont use DC, look into DC extreme streches for extra growth and recovery. Has been great making my chest look more rounded and bigger.

Again just my opionins mate, what i would say is tho, have a think on what you wanna do and just follow it to the tee for the cycle.

Il continue to follow this;)

5x5 is good and always seems to work, but i like to train my muscles twice per 9days, etra high intensity but low on volume, excellent for strength gains and you get two growth phases in 9days instead of one. There are plenty of great westside bodybuilding programs on the net for this, one good one is ´´westside for skinny basterds´´, really nice program that will take care of the strength and hypetrophy at the same time. Also if you feel that you can train with 110% intensity, start studying DC training(intensemuscle.com), Like DC said the program is about getting you big and strong pronto! With DC you would have to through out high intensity cardio tho.

Oh and even if you dont use DC, look into DC extreme streches for extra growth and recovery. Has been great making my chest look more rounded and bigger.

Again just my opionins mate, what i would say is tho, have a think on what you wanna do and just follow it to the tee for the cycle.

Il continue to follow this;)

Hey Mike;
Thanks fior the suggestions. I am thinking of transitioning to the 5 x 5 and leaving the high reps behind. I got to write it out or I won't remember. I'm going to check out the skinny bastard work out. i also like the 9 day thing - since my recovery is so fast now. i def want to build as much as possible on this cycle and I have 2 1/2 months ahead of me.! Milky has a great work out now too - I'll have to check out how he set it up (day c-11 etc.)

CAN"T give up the intense cardio tho - it's a boxing class that is kick ass fun - I really look forward to it - almost more than sex - lol! It's such a great stress relief - and I don't have to give anyone a massage, say nice things afterwards or clean up the bedroom....hahahaha still need to shower tho....

So here's today's workout:

Had an awsome cardio boxing w/o last night - damn I love that ****! Pounding the hell out of a bag at the end of the day - drenched with sweat...it doesn't get any better than that - Hahahahaha

Wed w/o
20 mins cardio treadmill warm up

SLDL's
15 x 95;15 x 95;
5 x 135;
5 x 155;
5 x 195

Seated Calves

17 x 45
15 x 45
7 x70
7x115
5x160
5x205

Standing Calf raises

15 x 300
7x395
7x405
7 x405

pinned test & deca last nite - had gnarly night sweats for the last few days. My metabolism is on fire - I'm hot all the time!!!! Especially after a w/o...

Yo Bros; here it b:

workout
DB MIlitary press

(2) 15 x 35;(2) 7 x 45;(2) 6 x 55

Seated BB Military

(2) 15 x 95;(2) 10 x 115;(2) 8x 125;(2) 5 x 135 PB

HS overhead press
(6) 10 x 1 plate ea side

Reverse flyes
(4) 10 x 90;(1) 10 x 120;(1) 10 X 140;(2) 8 X 150

dIPS
(4) 10 x BW

seated overheadDB tri press
10x20;10x25;10x30;5x30

Skull crushers

14 x 60;10 x 90;10 x 90;3 x 110

Tri Rope press downs
superset w/ tri strait bar pressdowns
(4) 10 x 100 ea

Got a nice pump in my tris but felt weak doing the crushers....hmmmm

Meals today

I'm trying to eat a little bigger - hard to get to 4K on a healthy diet

Calories 3,697
Fat 110.8gms 987cals 27 %

Carbo 282.5gms 1,113cals 31 %

Protein 377.2 gms 1,533cals 42 %

1. 1 C oatmeal (before cooking)
1c egg whites in a shake w/ 2 scoops choc whey

2.Gylco Maize 1 scoop in a shake w/ 2 scoops choc whey (popst W/O)
brown rice cakes, apple

3. red bell pepper, grilled turkey breast, rice cakes

4. more turkey, rice cakes, broccoli

5. Tuna steak,

6. slice of cheese pizza (post cardio boxing)
small pork tenderloin; asparagus

7. brussells sprouts w bacon& parm cheese, tuna steak

8. cottage cheese w/ blueberries & splenda

Got a shipment of pins, vials & sterile water today so mixed up the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and took my first pin of 250 i.u. in the belly fat. That watery stuff goes in so easy! - used a slin pin - OMG - TINY!

Nice mellow day at work
- spent most of it driving around to appointments so my nutrition was excellent. I either had one 4 hour meal or about 14 snacks in 4 hours! In anycase had 8 oz of tuna steak, 1 lb of raw asparagus and 8 oz of turkey breast as "snacks in the car! Way easier to eat than a big mac! LOL
Tonite
testC 250mg
deca 200​
going to try pinning in my tricep and/or pec - i seem pretty meaty there.

Back