The best Beauty secrets "must haves" thread

supergirl

Ok ladies... i figured since we have a broad spectrum of women on this board.. all of whom i know take great care of their bodies.. I think it would be a cool idea to post all your beauty secrets or products you can not live without..
I luv to share tricks of the trade and i hope i can learn a few more too!!

so please post all your "must haves" or even must have NOTs.. so you can warn us away too lol..

thanks ladies and enjoy!!!

Supergirl's lists of everyday beauty items i swear by:

1) The Body Shop Chamomile eye makeup remover

2) Loreal Double Extend Mascara... gives ya the best eyelashes.. thick and long

3) Prada shielding lip balm.. comes in clear or in colors and has an SPF 15.. super soothing!!

4) Cornstarch.. yup.. good old cornstarch :) when your hair is just a lil oily, ya brush some in and it absorbs any extra oil, while coating the hair and making it super silky..

5) Bath and Body works Bio face wipes in a travel case.. a MUST have to bring to the gym with you.. after you workout you are a prime target for breakouts.. use this face cloth to cleanse your face immediately after to help prevent dirty buildup and pimples!! This is a real MUST HAVE for all us gym rats :) i know ponds and other companies make these too.. but i like this brand the best

6) Reviva oily skin Moisturizer GEL.. (NOT what the name says!!) I got this from GNC belive it or not and any time i go to a club or bar where there will be smoke etc, i put this gel on my face and shoulders.. it BLOCKS all that crap from absorbing into your skin and since it is a gel, it is super light and fragrance free so it won't interfere with your perfumes etc.. I luv it and swear my skin loves me for using it.. no more breakouts after leaving a bar and no more dirty ass cigarette smoke in my skin.. it actually acts as a shield for your skin.

7) Mederma.. so great for not scarring your skin.. sometimes pimples you squeeze can scar and this prevents them from scarring!! Great stuff.. also accelerates healing.. got mine in CVS, but is $$$$

8) Shiseido "Pureness" Blemish control cream.. brings that dirty shit to the surface and zaps the pimples

9) Revlon Skinlights face illuminator... gives your cheeks a beautiful healthy glow!! and it has spf 15 too

10) Umberto Giannini sleek and chick blowdry cream.. smoothes out your hair sooooooooo well!! catwalk style :) even my flyaway ends are smoothe!! Must be used when blowdrying though for full effects.. and believe it or not, but i bought this in Rite Aid :) not some overpriced salon..

11) Olive oli spray.. gives your hair a sleek, shined soft look and feel

12) Catwalk "frisky" scrunching gel.. gets your curls scrunched and sexy looking... i bought this in Shoprite lol..

13) the MOR skin care line from Australia.. Made completely from plants, herbs etc.. filled with vitamins and anti-oxidants... NOT tested on animals..
i luv and used daily, their scrub, cleanser, toner and contouring eye cream from their pink line; the sensitive skin line for normal-dry skin(www.mor.com.au)
*** also they have a "Citrus leaf tone and massage" oil which is supposed to do wonders for stretch marks!!!

14) last but NOT least.. PURE aloe vera gel!! no artifical colors or bullshit.. just pure aloe.. it is the best thing in the world for your skin in terms of healing properties and balancing properties.. AMAZING is the word that comes to mind when i think of aloe...

OK ladies.. there ya have a lil list of my favorite must have things i can not live without!! :)

a few quick ones:

cetaphil face lotion

prescriptives traceless foundation

origins lip gloss (mmmminty)

burt's bees lemon butter cuticle cream for rough hands, elbows, heels, and according to atherjen, lips too ;)

mac blot powder

john frieda beach blonde shampoo

clinique Super Condition Restoring Conditioner

clinique quickliner

sparklylegwarmers said:

burt's bees lemon butter cuticle cream for rough hands, elbows, heels, and according to atherjen, lips too ;)

HEHE :D I swear it does WONDERS for lips too. lol dont tell too many ppl though, thats my secret beauty tip. damn I dont have any or any products to rav about..
lets see...
OH something my sis gave me for me dry dead skin ugly feet that now look like a babys.. True Blue Spa's "Best foot forward" AHA foot lotion. after I get out of the shower in the morning then put socks on, and then before bed. within just 2 weeks its transformed my tootsies. someday some man out there might be thankful! lol :p

fitness girl, I too CANNOT live without my flatiron. I got mine last summer, its salon version, $$$$ but daym, 2 mins and voila much better hair day.

hmmmmmmm any clear nail polish. whatevers on sale!:eek: (ya ya Im cheap).

as you can see.. Im not much of a woman.. heck I dont even know how to do makeup. lol :eek:

Kenra Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner

Mary Kay Cream and Sugar Lip Gloss -- I wear it over lipstick and by itself, it just seems to make my lips look so much fuller

Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Salt Scrub

I was out of town without hairspray so I went to Walmart and bought the cheapest I could find. It was Mary Kate & Ashley With Attitude Mega Holding Hairspray. It smells like a Banana Popsicle!!

Oh what a cool thread Supergir. Good idea.

Well for me here's my must haves:

*Kiss my Face Honey and Calendula body moisturizer

*L'oreal Volimunous Mascara

*Burts Bees Lip Moisturizer

*I love my Oil of Olay nighttime moisturizer

*Always have tea tree oil handy just in case(it's great for drying up blemishes)

*Body Shop Body Butter

*Revlons PulpRouge lipgloss in copper

*Baby powder

:D

Fyre said:

*Always have tea tree oil handy just in case(it's great for drying up blemishes)

:D

that stuff works like a magic! I always have a bottle just in case. my mother got my brother and I hooked on it in my younger teen years going through puberty..icky pimples! ;)

YUP!! Forgot about tea tree oil.. i have that in my beauty cabinet!!

where the hell do i get this Burts Bee's stuff?? Is it only in Canada??

Fyre.. i may have to have you send me some :) since all ya canucks are raving about it lol..

oh and btw sparkles.. i now got my mom hooked on Origins :) thanks again!!!

For hair: Aveda products are the best and smell wonderful

For lips: MaryKay Lipgloss or MAC....I live for my lipgloss!

For Skin: Avon's Skin-So-Soft Bath Oil...Love it!
Coco Butter works wonders...great for pregnancy.

I use a variety of makeup products but I like MaryKay the best....and hey go figure I am a consultant..so contact me if you need anything!
:)

I love this thread!! Please post more ladies!

fitness-girl said:
I worked at the MAC makeup counter for awhile and my biggest pet peeve was when girls would ask me "i can't figure out why my face is breaking out so bad?!" I would ask to see their compact. Well no wonder your powder sponge looks like youve soaked it in mudd!!!!!
Throw away your powder sponge & foundation sponge after 3-4 applications. Its a total breeding ground for bacteria!!

Hmm my girlie has a little bit of a breakout problem. I think she uses her sponge until its basically a fully saturated brick. I will certainly recommend this.

Any other really good tips for clearing up her complexion?

She uses a makeup remover, a pore cleanser, apricot scrub, and then a moisturizer nightly and a facial mask usually about 3 nights a week but she doesn't wash her face in the morning at all (she is lazy). Any recommendations for a good quality foundation that won't break her out as easy?

devilmanVISA

Phisoderm is EXCELLENT for acne prone skin. :)

My two personal favs are:

Oil of Olay Complete moisturizer for my face (I get the unscented one)

Body Shop's Apricot Marmalade Body Scrub.

VeggieLifterChick said:
Supergirl,

What do you pay for the Reviva gel at GNC? I looked online and saw prices ranging from $7-$20 for it.
oh shit... it was like under $10... maybe $9.99 or some thing :)

i swear it works though!! I always put it on prior to going to a club and i have not broked out since i have started using it!

devilmanVISA said:
Hmm my girlie has a little bit of a breakout problem. I think she uses her sponge until its basically a fully saturated brick. I will certainly recommend this.

Any other really good tips for clearing up her complexion?

She uses a makeup remover, a pore cleanser, apricot scrub, and then a moisturizer nightly and a facial mask usually about 3 nights a week but she doesn't wash her face in the morning at all (she is lazy). Any recommendations for a good quality foundation that won't break her out as easy?

devilmanVISA

Try Bare Minerals by Bare Escentuals. Look online at 1stchairskincaresalon.com. Fast and free shipping. Awesome product.

Back