Upping time in the gym while on cycle

LiftTillIDie said:
Doesn't consistent weight training have most of the benefits of regular cardio?
weight training can be cardio if done in high enough reps and with little or no rest between sets but if your gonna do that just do cardio instead of weights .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Presently I train

Mon - 1hr - arms, chest

Tues - 30 mins - light cardio

Wed - 1hr - Shoulders, back

Thur - 30mins - Cardio

Fri - Rest

Sat - 1hr - legs

Sun - Rest

----------------------
personally i would stick another day between your 2 upper body days , why work the only 2 days apart especially when its hard to totally isolate them from each other .
example chest/bench work on mondays which works shoulders and then shoulders on wednesday , arms/biceps on monday then back on wednesday which works biceps .

When I lift weights I think i'm burning alot of fat but it's just an illusion. The blood is transfered to my muscles causing the "pump" making my muscles larger. This means that the same amount of fat is covering more area which makes it seem like the fat layer is thinner but it really isn't.

When you build muscle it seems like you have less fat but you don't. You have the same amount of fat over a wider area. Like puring a thin cup of water into a pan of water. Same amount of water but now it's much shallower.

DougoeFre5h said:
Stop telling the man to drop the cardio. Its an incredibly healthy and worthwile activity. 45 mins on the treadmill or bike at 65% max HR and you good to go. He wont shrink, it wont hurt his gains given proper supplimentation and my guess, itl speed recovery. Dont neglect your heart and cardiovascular system. Id much rather earn my stipes and get healthier by the day than swallow ephedra, caffeine and whatever else to drop weight.
Listen to Dougoe...you can't keep training for years to come if you're taking a dirt-nap at 40 from a heart attack.

To answer your Q, I generally add an exercise per bodypart while on but it's not a significant increase in volume...remember you can overtrain while on cycle just like when off.

Last edited:
Micromegas said:
Ponderosa is sexually attracted to silicon....
The first post you've made that I can agree with.

Working legs every day is not the sort of activity most s'ology users aspire for, because most are here to bulk or gain strength. A big part of this is the cycle of 'working the muscle', followed by 'repairing the muscle'.

Lucky: you said, "......I used to take ephedrine, caffine ( for 6months ) and the running has cut more fat then the ephedrine ever did, I also don't walk around sweating/feeling like a rapist with a resting heart beat of 100!!! " VERY GOOD STATEMENT!

LiftTillIDie said:
Doesn't consistent weight training have most of the benefits of regular cardio?

Yes it does. He should drop the cardio if he wants to make gains. Cardio is fine, but at his level it is not needed. Drop it for a few months and he will be much happier.

You can always add it back in. But regular weight work will work wonders for the heart anyway. If he wants teh fastest route drop cardio, increase cals, decrease workouts and focus more on squats.

Last edited:
I didnt know I came off sounding confident, I'm actually very quiet, downright shy in real life...lol. It seems most lifters are very quiet in real life. Very few of us have the loud mouth cocky attitude that one would expect from strength athletes.

It's hard to put tone into online posts so maybe I come off 'sounding' harsher.

That pic is from last summer. I was around 200lbs in it I believe. Not as lean yet this year, just enjoying my desserts too much....lol. But its time to crack down and lean up.

jarbulldog said:
I personal hit my muscles every 5 or 6 day. I have a 4 day split but on the 4th day I do cardio and every now and then I take a complete day off. also I never do more then 12 set per muscle

can u post up your routine bro ? :wiggle:

Weight training does not really train your heart , yes your heart beats fast ect but it does not help your heart as much as cardio.

WE got alot of big guys in our gym, but i see them walking up the stairs or whatever and by the time they are up the stairs they are already out of breath. Tell me that is healthy?

I will stikc with a little cardio. In the off season from wrestling i do very little cardio, but during the season i am doing 4-5 days of running my ass off and wreslting my ass off so if feel my body needs somewhat of a break. I still stay below 12 % BF the entire time i would say too.

Maybe they're out of breath from the stairs cuz of the juice? When on, it's not a bad idea to mix in ample cardio. But as Willy stated: if you're a stick and wanna gain mass, tone down (or cut out) cardio, eat big, and hit the weight for mass-building exercises.

always remember, energy in = energy out. do what feels right for your body. everybodys different and can handle different work loads.

Back