What is a good bike to learn on?

Nitszo

Anabolic Wannabe
This is for the boyz who have been riding for lets say 2years or so (maybe less, but know ur shit please).

I want to buy a bike, really bad.
I have a piece of shit car, and it cant even go over 180km/hr.. what the fuck is that shit.
I dont want to buy a car, to expensive for the speed that I want.
I want to go fast, atleast 250km/hr at max

I got a mate who owns a R1, His goes to about 280-320 in about 12-18 seconds.
I speak to him about it, and asked if I should get an R1 and he told me its not a good choice for a learner because
1) - I never ridden before, and I wont be able to get the clutch off
2) - When I try to get the clutch off, the power of an R1 because I am not used of it, will probably flip on me

He thinks I should get something with around 300-500CC for atleast 5months and ride it 2-3times a week to get the feel of having a bike.

Thanks boys & girls if you ride.

Get an R-6 and you be fine. I'm not so sure that someone can't learn on an R-1. They are fast as fuck but you don't have to get all over it either. They can also do the speed limit. I learned when I was 9 years old....now 36. I still ride a little older ZX6R.

Good luck and don't get yourself killed!

I've been riding since I was 12(Dirt Bikes) and I have had a Gsx-r 600 for the past 3 years.

In my OP I wouldnt get a 600 of any sort, especially if you have never riden before, they're nothing to play around with. For a first bike, to learn on I would get a Ninja 250, its got a sport bike style with beginners power and speed, best learner sport bike available.

I've been riding since I was 12(Dirt Bikes) and I have had a Gsx-r 600 for the past 3 years.

In my OP I wouldnt get a 600 of any sort, especially if you have never riden before, they're nothing to play around with. For a first bike, to learn on I would get a Ninja 250, its got a sport bike style with beginners power and speed, best learner sport bike available.

^^ What this guy said

Been riding for over 10 years, your first sport bike should be a Ninja 250, easy to get cheap (so you don't feel guilty the first time you lay it down) and it is light so you can learn how to ride. Because sport bikes are light 250 cc depending on your body weight can make you feel like a rocket. Yes you can learn on a bigger bike and many have but it is just easer.

If you are a cruiser VTwin man like my self then I say rock a 650 - 700 honda as a starter. It will look good and sound good, and be about 500 pound or so wet (not exact) Then after 1 to two years you can graduate up to a full dresser that weighs in at 750lbs wet with a 1500cc engine. Rawwwr.

Just my 2 cents and take a course, I rode for a year before I took one. The course cost $125 I got a break on my insurance and I learned at least one thing. Plus if you are 200lbs plus you can have fun looking like a circus clown riding around on a 75cc kowasaki. At the time I was 250+ so I literally flattened the tires.

Take a Motorcycle Training/Safety Course before you do anything.

But in all honesty it won't matter much if your goal is to do 250 kmh on public highways, some fool (perhaps you) will take you out pretty quick anyways.

^^^^^ Motorcycles + speed on public highways= body bag for you.

Be smart!

Hey NItzo I tried to message you b ut it wont let me.

I just got the same Britishdragon Anavar 50MG yellows

how were your results on them?

Ya dude yesterday was the first real nice day of the year. A 20 year old kid driving wreckless and was killed. I got rid of my Kaw zx-10 cuz i almost got hit. It's not u It's the idiots not paying attention on cell phones. Be carefully. I'm 27 and I'm on my 6th bike and three of them were wrecked and everyone has seen pavement besides this last one. I was doing staggered wheelies on the highways doing up in the hundreds. Stupid so i said fuck it I don't wanna die

I just bought my first bike in october. Its an 01 cbr600 f4i. Perfect starter bike.
Fast enough, parts are cheap as hell too.

i have been riding for 12 years now, and 7 of those years was selling motorcycles. Even a ninja 250 will come out from under if you don't work the clutch right. First thing you should think about is 250km/h? Where? how often? And if not on a track, WTF why?. Second, have you ever been on 2 wheels before? Third, if you buy a ninja 250 for a few months to learn on, you better make sure you get a deal because you will take a hit on it when it comes time to sell, especially if you drop. My suggestion is 600cc class, you wont ever have to trade it in, and compared to a 1000cc (unless your on a track) it has more usable power in the streets if you want to play. I had a lot of fun on my 600, but the 1000 just says my dick is bigger (unless your on the track, then it says I'm faster in the straights) also think about price, and insurance. Hope this helps you out

You could always do what I did and start off on a cbr 1000rr lol

Seriously thought don't do this I'm just a crazy fuck! Mine just got put up for sale since I'm having a kid. Now if I get hurt it's not just me that would suffer, it's my whole family. My kid and my girl rely on me being healthy to put food on the table you know?

Interesting, Thanks for all your input.
I am thinking about the R6.
Ninja250 isn't for me, I don't want it so ill be unhappy with it from day 1.
You boys sound like concern Parents, Its good to see.. but not needed.
If I die, then its my own fault. I know what I'm getting myself into, I am the one purchasing the bike.
If I was to be taken out by a ignorant person, which was completely there fault... Then i hope they have some type of regret for the rest of there life.
Nothing pisses me off more then Ignorant and Selfish people. Even when I'm Shopping, and there is two people with trollys infront of me and I can't get through..
If you think its Selfish of me to buy a bike, because if I die then my Family has to put up with the grief.. Thats seriously bullshit.
All you reply were really good guys, Loved them.
I read all your comments, everyone of you. I will rep you all soon
Size Does matter, also made a very interesting point.

@Matt, I never used the Anavar (var) myself... BUT there is a few issues with that.
The ana Anavar (var) from BD orange 50mg x 100, usually have beetween 80-100 tablets inside them.
the reason is because they use weight/scales instead of actually counting the pills itself.
It doesn't mean anything, just means that some tablets contain 60-70mg instead of 50mg.
But besides that, I got about 6 friends on them... and LOVE them.
Few of them got joint pain and liver pain. (Id say its his age, 50+)

Some thing I haven't seen anyone mention is insurance price! up to 600cc is one price go over that your in a whole new market and gona cost more! I say a 600 is a good learning bike. More power than you need! If u plan on turing with it to samll to much vibration for my liking!

Listen to StoneCold and take a class

I have raced dirt bikes for 13+ years, professionally, and ride on the road often. First off, an 80cc bike will flip you off the back if you just rev the hell out of it and dump the clutch. I would say a 600 would be a good starter bike, you will get bored as hell from a 250 in about 2 weeks after you get comfortable on it. A 250 does like 100mph wide open with a tail wind lol. A clutch takes about 30 seconds to learn to use, and its not like as soon as you crack the throttle open while you are riding that the thing is going to flip you over. A 600 makes no power until about 9000 rpms, so you have to be on the gas for awhile to get it there, unless you are on the freeway in 2nd gear. You would be perfectly fine starting on a 600, ride through your neighborhood for awhile, learn to take slow turns. Slow turns are where people usually lose their balance and tip over. Be smart and get comfortable on the bike first. Oh, my 65 year old female neighbor has a ninja 250 if that gives you an idea of who rides those haha!

A worked up 600 would walk all over someone on a 1000 on a track anyday of the week, a 600 is way way way more nimble than a 1000. Everyone can hold it wide open down a straight away, not very many people can corner well. There is a little motto in motocross, "jumps are for show, corners are for dough" everyone can hit the jumps once you are in the novice class, not everyone can hit the turns well. Same goes for on the street. Minus the jumps haha. I couldn't imagine jumping a sport bike over anything other than a speed bump haha.

I have raced dirt bikes for 13+ years, professionally, and ride on the road often. First off, an 80cc bike will flip you off the back if you just rev the hell out of it and dump the clutch. I would say a 600 would be a good starter bike, you will get bored as hell from a 250 in about 2 weeks after you get comfortable on it. A 250 does like 100mph wide open with a tail wind lol. A clutch takes about 30 seconds to learn to use, and its not like as soon as you crack the throttle open while you are riding that the thing is going to flip you over. A 600 makes no power until about 9000 rpms, so you have to be on the gas for awhile to get it there, unless you are on the freeway in 2nd gear. You would be perfectly fine starting on a 600, ride through your neighborhood for awhile, learn to take slow turns. Slow turns are where people usually lose their balance and tip over. Be smart and get comfortable on the bike first. Oh, my 65 year old female neighbor has a ninja 250 if that gives you an idea of who rides those haha!

A worked up 600 would walk all over someone on a 1000 on a track anyday of the week, a 600 is way way way more nimble than a 1000. Everyone can hold it wide open down a straight away, not very many people can corner well. There is a little motto in motocross, "jumps are for show, corners are for dough" everyone can hit the jumps once you are in the novice class, not everyone can hit the turns well. Same goes for on the street. Minus the jumps haha. I couldn't imagine jumping a sport bike over anything other than a speed bump haha.

Lovely

F4i would be a great bike to learn on. Forgiving and easy to ride, but plenty of power for when you want it down the road.

NTO has given you the absolute best advice though, for 200 - 300 bucks you can take a safety course through Harley or your local community college and get some experience under your belt in a supervised environment.

Whatever you choose, best of luck.

250/500 entry level bikes to learn on. My last bike was a cr 250, Id still consider a 500. a in line 600 is really what id want, but the 500 will still move. and the 250's & 500's are cheap cheap cheap.

Back