Whats up with the Insulin bridging idea??????

!@#$%^&

I was planning on doing this, but was turned away from it by numerous people. They said all itl do is get me fat, even if i do it right. I have done a ton of reading on this, and know what i am doing too. Now all im hearing is thats what a lot of you guys do. Does it work or doesnt it? It goes like this right?:

Humalog is fastest acting in and out. Peaks in 30 min.

Work way up to 10IU post workout.
10g carbs per IU.
50g protein.
No fat in shake.
Have glucose tabs and a pepsi on hand at all times, just in case.
Eat a solid food meal 45min-1hr after workout about 50g carbs no fat.

Missing anything?
Would appreciate some peoples results they have gotten with an insulin bridge. Fat and muscle gains.

If diet is good, (no fat 2 hours before, and 3 hours after humalog shot) fat gain should be minimal. Insulin, stops muscle catabolism, increase amino acid and glucose uptake in the muscles, and promotes a positive nitrogen balance, all of which are very hard to achieve either post cycle, or while off cycle. To help from getting fat, once you work your way up to 10ius and 100g of carbs, slowly try to lower your carb intake, to 9g per, 8 g per, 7g per, so on. But if you feel hypo on 9 g per, stay at 10g.

StoneColdNTO said:
Slin kinda scares me.....maybe someday !

PUSSY! j/k

From the research I have done, slin isn't anything to be messing with. If you don't have your shit together it can kill you. Plain and Simple. If anyone is going to try insulin, I would do LOTS and LOTS of research.

It hasnt made me fat, the key is to make sure there is no fat in you for a few hours after your shot

i think its more the excess carbs that make you fat then fat itself. ive never gained fat from slin. and although im very strict about no fat imediatly post shot i do have a small amount in the meal 45 mins after. everything else you said looks good. add creatine and glutamine to the dextrose shake if you dont allready.

I know you are not supposed to go to sleep within 3 hours of the shot if using humalog or you could die. You could also die if you go hypo, thats why u have glucose tabs and soda on hand. Iv done pretty much a ton of research, i did it a few months ago until i was told not to do it becuase i would only gain fat. Has anyone else on here had success with it?

Slin is amazing!! It is dangerous, but only to a moron. I know I'm going to get shit for this, but slin is easy to do, it is extremely effective at muscle and strength gain.

Yes, do you reasearch! And do as the research says. The only thing I disagree with in how most advice is given, is the amount of carbs.

You dont need 10 grams per iu. I have gone as low as 2 grams per iu. Just listen to your body. You will get plenty of signs before anything drastic happens. If you feel hypo, gets some simple sugars in you and you will be fine!

I will say this...you will see a dramatic difference in your gains when adding creatine/glutamine/dextrose/whey protien isolate. Why? Because these all get absorbed the fastest. If you eat to much solid foods, you wont get the same results, because it takes a much longer time to digest and break down the food.

Especially when using Humolog, you must get as much fast absorbing nutrients in your system as possible.

BCAA's are another good addition.

The bottom line is do your homework! But its not physics, its as simple as basic math.

The only reason why you could die while sleeping, is if you go hypo while sleeping. You wont die from just fallin asleep, its just if hypo strikes while you are asleep, you wont wake up. Not to say if you are sleepy you can go to sleep, because sleepiness is a sign of being possibly hypo. But, i have fallen asleep on more than a few occasions and was fine.

RoadHouse said:
The only reason why you could die while sleeping, is if you go hypo while sleeping. You wont die from just fallin asleep, its just if hypo strikes while you are asleep, you wont wake up. Not to say if you are sleepy you can go to sleep, because sleepiness is a sign of being possibly hypo. But, i have fallen asleep on more than a few occasions and was fine.

i disagree. if you start to go hypo while sleeping you more then likely weill wake up from the symptoms. ive done it twice. i wake up kinda shaky and very hungry, and a little disoriented. although i agree going to bed too soon could be bad but after the first hour you could be fine depending on carb intake. but when your cutting it back like weve described to prevent fat do not go to sleep for 2 and a half ta 3 hours untill you realy know how yopu react.

I'm with SC and jyzza, but I'm learning. I won't say never but chances are I won't. I have a cousin that went blind from a overdose of slin. He didn't do it himself, a nurse did it at the hospital. So that is the basis of my fear.

I'm not saying you'll go blind from using slin:)

JohnnyB

BLIND??????? How much of an OD did she give him?????? So im guessin everyone on here likes slin to bridge. Think il give it a try. Thanx guys.

TooPowerful4u said:
BLIND??????? How much of an OD did she give him??????
10x what he was suppose to get, he was 23 at the time. But I've never heard him complain or have a pity party. He had a kidney transplant about 3 months ago, which he's fully recovered from. So no more dialysis. Which is good, because the Doc said he could start working out again.

JohnnyB

bronco944 said:
i disagree. if you start to go hypo while sleeping you more then likely weill wake up from the symptoms. ive done it twice. i wake up kinda shaky and very hungry, and a little disoriented. although i agree going to bed too soon could be bad but after the first hour you could be fine depending on carb intake. but when your cutting it back like weve described to prevent fat do not go to sleep for 2 and a half ta 3 hours untill you realy know how yopu react.

Anyone that has felt hypo could tell you that it would be impossible to sleep while thats happening. The shakes are so bad you could not sleep through it , period. I shake so bad i have trouble mixing up another load of dextrose to crush. First sign of hypo for me is a headache. Followed by the shakes and being dissoriented. Definitely wierd but nothing you dont have time to fix. Like Lawnsaver said its real easy unless your an f'in moron. I just floated to close to the line. Just keep it at 10g's per iu and all will be fine.

Then, why do they tell you not to go to sleep? For their own sakes? Ever had a crazy ass violent dream and not wake up? Or was talking in your sleep? The reason is, because you can go hypo in your sleep, and not wake up. They dont tell you not to go to sleep because they like to type more words. Some people may wake up, some may not. It all depends on the person. I can fall asleep one hour after and be fine. Its all dependent on the person.

I have to agree that sometimes people overplay the negitaves associated with using slin. Although I would not suggest playing with carb intake untill you are a little more experienced. Play it safe, ALWAYS! Going hypo is not fun.

I've gained nearly 10 lbs. in the last week 1/2 doing slin only. I started it during my last week of clomid therapy.
I am very pleased to say the least. I haven't seen any strength gains yet but the scale is going up. I know most of it is water, however, but I can't see any fat gain......yet! I'm doing 3 hrs. of cardio a week and keeping the fat extremely low 4 hours after the shot.

Up until about 3 weeks ago, I had been using slin for 6 months, post workout only, on or off cycle. I decided to give myself a nice long break from it, but, no drop of weight, so I can almost 100% assure you the gains are permanent. Strength is the same, the only thing i dont have is the insane pumps. Besides that everything is status quo. Im not diabetic, im not blind, i recover fairly well after workouts. I really do not think it is neccasary, nor good for you to use it AM and PM, nor should one use humulin, although humulin is more anabolic, being active for longer, you want the slin active for the least amount of time that you need it for. Humalog almost seems like its tailor made for bbers. Im in the school of thought that insulin post workout eases the load on the pancreas, because the body would have to produce a ton of natty insulin to take care of those 75-100g of sugar. Did you know that a powerbar actually raises your insulin more than 8ius of exo insulin? Weird huh.

Roadhouse- You went with insulin 6 months straight? I have always read where people go 4 weeks on/ 4 weeks off but since I only do it post workout I would rather just go for a longer time (like for a 3 month cycle, etc.). Does your body get adjusted to the slin dose over time and hence lose it's effectiveness? Is this were the 4 week on/ 4 week off idea comes into play?

Back