best shoes for squatting?

I usually squat barefoot.

I love when I see guys squating in running shoes with plates under their heals. They look like they are about to fall on their face during every rep.

i paid 3.99 for my mocs at walmart. they are bedrom slippers that i removed the incerts. they got holes in the bottoms now so i only wear then squatting and pullin deads.

skate shoes.... they have flat soles and i use them on squats and deads i like them better than running shoes...

I took off my shoes the other day after watching the new Deads vid from PB, and my deadlifts felt alot better indeed. So, last night I did squats and thought, hey, same thing must appply right? Exactly!!

Went nice and deep (calm down PB) with 2 great sets of 425 for 6/5 and felt so much more balanced. It was amazing to say the least at the difference. I ain't buying shoes until I feel a reason too. Just socks for me I guess!

Thanks guys

RJH8541 said:
I took off my shoes the other day after watching the new Deads vid from PB, and my deadlifts felt alot better indeed. So, last night I did squats and thought, hey, same thing must appply right? Exactly!!

Went nice and deep (calm down PB) with 2 great sets of 425 for 6/5 and felt so much more balanced. It was amazing to say the least at the difference. I ain't buying shoes until I feel a reason too. Just socks for me I guess!

Thanks guys

well thats madines ass on the left. but the do-flower on that one on the right is incredible. absolutely inviting. nothing like a healthy set of lips to make mine water.

For those that wear Chuck Taylor do you have any problems with your feet rolling outwards? I'm thinking basketball shoes would work well.

i use chucks and don't have any problems with my feet rolling out. I had that happen with my old running shoes but never with the chucks. My buddy wears them too and loves them as well.

$20 B.U.M. shoes from Target are the best. I don't think they still have B.U.M. shoes there but you should check out shoes by Utility. They're simple flat bottom shoes for a cheap price, but they look awsome and last for years.

i think im going ot try squating barefoot today ... hopefully ppl dont pass out because of the smell lololol

I finally got some Chucks a couple of weeks ago, and I think they're awesome squat shoes. They feel more stable than anything else I've tried.

chucks for me as well...the black ones i have go with everything! i might even write DBA (don't be afraid) on the toes like mule does...i've been saying that to myself a lot recently since i've been going heavier....

Last edited:
I've heard chucks are by far the best squat shoes, but be sure to change them before moving on to other exercises that don't require the flat bottom

I just go barefoot/socks. The gym personal training staff hates it, but the people in charge of the weightroom area are almost all fellow students of mine (health/fitness majors who quite often ask for my advice on that sort of stuff when somebody asks them an exercise question, lol) so the ones I know let me do basically what I want.

i went in socks today.. it was sooo much better. id tell someone to fuck off if they didn't like it :S

Back