damn doctor

DangerousGrounds said:
heres what part of the report said, quote:
----------------------
PARTIAL VERTICAL TEAR AT THE MUSCULOTENDINOUS JUNCTION OF THE ROTATOR CUFF. SUPERIOR FIBERS OF THE ROTATOR CUFF ARE INTACT.. ACROMION IS OF A TYPE II.

make any sense Dr's.

I'm not sure what business a radiologist has recommending a cortisone shot in his report (that's what you said, right?). Radiologists are not invoved in the clinical treatment of the patient.
Your partial tear is at the musculotendinous junction (where the muscle and the tendon join, NOT at the bony interface, or over the bursa; IMPO a cortisone shot is not the way to go is this situation; it may give temporary relief, and cause problems that come back and bite you in the future. Have the people advising you by phone seen the MRI? Are they MD's? You seem to want to determine your own treatment. I believe your ortho doc is on target.
There are many different types of shoulder injury and pathology. Just because one person with a "shoulder problem" responds well to cortisone injection, does NOT mean the next guy will. "Rotator cuff" injury is a general and generic term which can describe many differnet situations. It's a complex joint. But do what you gotta do...
Yeah, many docs are unaware of prolotherapy; there are only 3 or 4 hundred of us in North America that do it with any frequency or expertise. A wonderful strengthening treatment.

No one bro was a PT from Bolex and worked out and his wife competes and handed out an award at the Mr. O.

He trains and is friends and works out and on many pros in the mecca of BB in Venice Beach Ca.

His wife competed and came in like 3rd at a big show, can't recall which one right after the O.

His handle is "Ponderer" his wife was called "Mrs. P" on the board, bigger than most the guys at 175lb she had veins all over her abs (she competed at 149lbs I think)

I think his handle is "Ponderer" and he seems very knowledgeable of sports injuries..

Besides Prolo (insurance won't cover and not much $) I hear it is also very expensive like 400.00 a treatment and need like 15 treatments.

What would you personally recommend for a partial tear like this sir?
still anti-inflams is what my ortho recommended and they did nothing at doses of 200mgs a day for 2 months of Celebrex

buffdoc said:
Have the people advising you by phone seen the MRI? Are they MD's? You seem to want to determine your own treatment. I believe your ortho doc is on target.

no bro just described what was told to me..
my doctor recommended nothing except Celebrex, no surgery. And going back to my physical job (lifting 200lb + boxes with plastic straps stacked up to 8 feet high 10hrs a day which I believe started the problem.) pool tables, weight sets, 35inch tv's, tables, entertainment centers, heavy non conveyable things.

I did not think this was much of a treatment but will only worsen problems.

Yes I am looking into getting back into flooring or plumbing as I always been a "tradesman" and don't like factory work.

I also get handed all the heavy shit because i am bigger and to do job if injured you are supposed to be 100% un-injured which I am not 75% to 80% is more like it.

Last edited:
I think recommending you go back to all the heavy lifting sounds screwy.
I often just bil the prolo as trigger point injections or joint injections. Insurance covers. $400 would be more like for a total low back treatment (lots more shots). Shoulder should be much less.
Wich I had you down here, man, I'd get you fixed up.
Ross Hauser is in Chicago very good but hard to get in because of his fame.
I think the reason the Celebrex didn't work is that this is not primarily an inflammatory process. Therefore i doubt if cortisone will be any better in the long run, it too is an anti inflamm.

buffdoc said:
I think recommending you go back to all the heavy lifting sounds screwy.
I often just bil the prolo as trigger point injections or joint injections. Insurance covers. $400 would be more like for a total low back treatment (lots more shots). Shoulder should be much less.
Wich I had you down here, man, I'd get you fixed up.
Ross Hauser is in Chicago very good but hard to get in because of his fame.
yes the bro I seen get prolo treatments was for his lower back!

I agree its the awkward way of lifting overhead with straps climbing on skids with no solid method or grip is where the tear probably started from.

I am not gonna do the again if I have to push and drop heavy items on floor and not lift with one hand and plastic strap from 8 feet high and damage the goods as a way to not damage my shoulder again.

I appreciate any time you guys spend helping me, I never knew so many good ones take time to help.

You are not sending me a bill are you Buff-Doc?
:D

You are not sending me a bill are you Buff-Doc?
:D [/B][/QUOTE]

Naw, bro,
The first consultation is complimentary; then after that you're hooked and your ass is mine!!! ;-)

buff doc, worked out and felt worse. taking a couple days off to get better.

question though, when sick is your body put in more of a catabolic state. i swear i am melting away . i have no appetite but have been forcing myself to eat so the food is there. i still have a slight fever and feel pretty much shitty but its getting better. i feel i am looking real flat

DG, nice bicep bro

Last edited:
house1 said:
buff doc, worked out and felt worse. taking a couple days off to get better.

question though, when sick is your body put in more of a catabolic state. i swear i am melting away . i have no appetite but have been forcing myself to eat so the food is there. i still have a slight fever and feel pretty much shitty but its getting better. i feel i am looking real flat

Yeah, the sad truth is that every degree of fever increases your BMR, or basal metabolic rate, significantly. You also use more water, so fluid requirements go up a LOT w/ every degree of fever. Drink, my young brother!! That may be one reason you looking flat (dehydration). Don't count on thirst to clue you in, especially when ill. just drink!
This is why working out when really sick is a bad idea, you probably put oss your eventual recovery bya day or 2. Not that I'm saying I told you so ;-)
Eat, drink, even though you don't want to , and take ALL the antibiotics. Be well.

why is it that you had such a hard time getting cortizone shots dangerous? i dont understand whats harmfull about them, i hurt my back and the doc said after physical therapy he would give it me if i did not feel better.

wow simplly, bringing back memories bro lol

if DG does not respond try pming him bro

Back