DocJ’s Long Layoff: Input on strategy

With the expense of everything else, I don't know that I would do IGF R13.
Its very expensive with little, if any results. I tried the stuff. Its a lot of money.
Good luck bro!

DocJ said:
I used HCG during cycling so I didn't see the need for it in PCT. I'm definately dropping the DNP.

We just started "trying" so I'm hoping things are jump started enough to get the ball rolling.

so....you're enjoying the rawdawg...?

HeHateMe said:
I believe deprenyl and other nootropics (piracetam, L-dopa, hydergine, ginkgo biloba) are very underrated bodybuilding drugs. I've personally used both deprenyl and hydergine. I prefer deprenyl.

Deprenyl increases dopamine levels. You'll definitely experience the benefits you're looking for (energy, libido, mood). It also helps to improve the mind/muscle connection and increase focus which can lead to more productive workouts.

Humalog isn't that expensive if you get it from our neighbors to the north.

Do you intend on visiting a fertility doc at some point just to make sure your boys are still plentiful and 'a swimmin'?

Found this, relative to the HPTA...I might be reaching here but interesting read regardless:

In this case, it would appear that a dopamine agonist could have a positive effect on restoration of HPTA.

Study of the effects of neurotransmitters on the hypothalamus-pituitary-testis function in vitro cell suspension system. Vermes I, Varszegi M, Toth EK, Telegdy G Arch Androl 1979;3(2):127-33.

The effects of different neurotransmitters were tested in vitro on a hypothalamic tissue, collagenase-digested isolated anterior pituitary and Leydig cell suspension system by measuring the testosterone production of the Leydig cells. Neurotransmitters were used in concentrations of 0.25, 1.0, 2.5, 5.0, and 10.0 micrograms/ml incubation medium. Dopamine in doses of 1.0, 2.5, and 5.0 micrograms/ml increased the hypothalamic tissue-induced pituitary-testis activation, while it had no direct effect on pituitary and Leydig cells. Noradrenaline in the concentration range 2.5--10.0 micrograms/ml decreased the luteinizing-hormone-releasing-hormone (LHRH) sensitivity of the pituitary cells. 5.0 and 10.0 micrograms/ml 5-hydroxytryptamine decreased the testosterone production and the hCG sensitivity of the isolated Leydig cells. Carbamylcholine and pilocarpine had no action on the in vitro system at the different levels studied.

Effects of drugs on brain neurotransmitter and pituitary-testicular function in male rats. Vermes I, Toth EK, Telegdy G Horm Res 1979;10(4):222-32.

The effects of different drugs influencing brain neurotransmitter contents have been tested on the pituitary-testicular function in male rats. L-dopa (200 mg/kg body weight, i.p.) increased the dopamine and noradrenaline contents of the hypothalamus, amygdala, striatum and mesencephalon, but it was ineffective as regards the 5-hydroxytryptamine contents of the same brain areas and increased the plasma testosterone level. Alpha-Methyl-p-tyrosine (250mg/kg b.w., i.p.) decreased the dopamine and noradrenaline contents of these brain areas, but it was ineffective to 5-hydroxytryptamine, and decreased the plasma testosterone level. Diethyldithiocarbamate (400 mg/kg b.w., i.p. twice a day) increased the dopamine levels in the hypothalamus, amygdala, striatum and mesencephalon, decreased the noradrenaline contents in the same brain regions but had no effect on the 5-hydroxytryptamine contents of these brain areas or on the testosterone level in the peripheral blood. p-Chlorophenylalanine (300mg/kg b.w., i.p.) decreased the 5-hydroxytryptamine contents of the different brain areas, while it had no effect on the dopamine and noradrenaline levels or on the plasma testosterone level. 5-Hydroxytryptophan (200mg/kg b.w., i.p.) increased the 5-hydroxytryptamine contents of all brain areas studied, but was without effect on the dopamine and noradrenaline contents or the plasma testosterone level. The data suggest that both dopamine and noradrenaline may be involved in the regulation of the pituitary-testicular function, and the ratio of the two transmitters might be more important that their actual levels in definite brain areas.
Role of hypothalamic catecholamines in aging processes. Meites J Department of Physiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing. Acta Endocrinol (Copenh) 1991;125 Suppl 1:98-103

Defects that develop in the hypothalamic area of the brain are believed to initiate many declines in body functions in aging rats and mice. The decreases found in hypothalamic norepinephrine and dopamine are particularly important since they lead to reduced gonadotropic hormone secretin and cessation of estrous cycles in female rats and a decrease in testosterone secretion in male rats, lower GH and somatomedin (IGF-I) secretion and reduced protein synthesis, diminished thyroid hormone secretion and lower body metabolism, higher PRL secretion and development of numerous mammary and pituitary tumours, and reduced immune competence. The reduction in hypothalamic norepinephrine and dopamine activity is believed to be due to damage and loss of neurons owing to toxic products formed during metabolism of norepinephrine and dopamine; to the damaging effects to neurons produced by the chronic action of estrogen, PRL, and indirectly by adrenal glucocorticoids; and to changes in enzymes responsible for synthesis and metabolism of norepinephrine and dopamine. When old rats are given drugs that elevate norepinephrine and dopamine, most of the above and other decrements of aging are delayed or reversed, and length of lifespan may be prolonged. Decreases in hypothalamic norepinephrine and dopamine have also been reported in elderly human subjects, but it is unknown whether these are related to declines in body functions.

Here's the updated plan (so far):

Standard PCT: Nolvadex 20-40mg/day – 6 weeks (or more if needed) Clomid 100mg/day – 3 weeks [Started on: 4/9/07]

Supplements (in addition to my standard supps like multivitamin, etc):
DiCreatine Malate 10g/day
Lean Extreme 3caps/day http://customnutritionwarehouse.com...eme-p-1080.html

Pharms:
Albuterol 8-12mg/day – 5 days on/2 days off
Ketotifen 1mg – on days off albuterol
Deprenyl 5mg EOD
HGH 3iu 5 on/2 off
Humalog 5-10iu PWO (max 3x/week)

DocJ said:
Here's the updated plan (so far):

Standard PCT: Nolvadex 20-40mg/day – 6 weeks (or more if needed) Clomid 100mg/day – 3 weeks [Started on: 4/9/07]

Supplements (in addition to my standard supps like multivitamin, etc):
DiCreatine Malate 10g/day
Lean Extreme 3caps/day http://customnutritionwarehouse.com...eme-p-1080.html

Pharms:
Albuterol 8-12mg/day – 5 days on/2 days off
Ketotifen 1mg – on days off albuterol
Deprenyl 5mg EOD
HGH 3iu 5 on/2 off
Humalog 5-10iu PWO (max 3x/week)

I don't see any zinc or vitamin E in there. It's a cheap addition with proven benefits.

I must say this post cycle therapy (pct) is going very well so far. I'd like to point out the importance of finishing a long cycle (in my case about 2 years) with something very mild and short acting before starting post cycle therapy (pct). I was on 50-75mg of oxandrolone for about 5 weeks solo before starting my post cycle therapy (pct) and I believe this is the reason I've begun to recover so quickly after such a long string of cycling.

doc why only three weeks on the clomid and novla?

ive just come off something similiar and have a pretty low sex drive. I upped my novla to 80 mg a day and i just started aromasin, i dropped the clomid cause i think it was making me depressed.

Clomid: 3 weeks
Nolva: 6 weeks (or until I feel I'm recovered)

I don't think clomid is necessary past about 3 weeks, nolva is better for a longer post cycle therapy (pct) with a SERM IMO.

DocJ said:
I must say this post cycle therapy (pct) is going very well so far. I'd like to point out the importance of finishing a long cycle (in my case about 2 years) with something very mild and short acting before starting post cycle therapy (pct). I was on 50-75mg of oxandrolone for about 5 weeks solo before starting my post cycle therapy (pct) and I believe this is the reason I've begun to recover so quickly after such a long string of cycling.

Do you use consistent doses when cycling for such long durations, or do you go from heavy phases to cut back phases?

DocJ said:

Good hustle coming off after two years. That's an interesting though on the Anavar (var) pre-post cycle therapy (pct). Is there a reason for Anavar (var) in particular or would test at say 400mg/week work towards the same purpose?

LiftTillIDie said:
Good hustle coming off after two years. That's an interesting though on the Anavar (var) pre-pct. Is there a reason for Anavar (var) in particular or would test at say 400mg/week work towards the same purpose?

Theories float around that endogenous test production can resume when only on anavar. That remains to be proven but anecdotal evidence has been pretty positive on the matter from what I've heard.

And test wouldn't work within the parameters of this theory since it aromatizes, causing severe suppression of the HPTA. Most go with anavar or primo.

LiftTillIDie said:
I see however I thought at 50-75 mg per day you would still be shut down fairly hard.

I believe that to be the case as well. However I do think small doses can be taken without shutting someone down. Don't have the test results to prove it but the anecdotal evidence is there. The next time I come off a long cycle I will start clomid and anavar a couple weeks after the last test shot. Run regular post cycle therapy (pct) doses with the clomid and run 15-20mg Anavar for a month. Discontinue the Anavar and continue four more weeks with Clomid. Come down smooth as a butterfly.

can using higher amounts of novla be conterproductive in conjunction with my aromasin? clomid was making me anxious and depressed.

so ive been taking 80mg of novla (some might think thats crazy) and 20mg of aromasin. its been about 2-3 weeks and now that my hcg cleared i think my nuts are shrinking down a little bit.

Back