Insulin shot and timing with GH?

redmuscle3 said:
My buddy purchased HGH and it came with 7 viles of crystal HGH and 7 of water. Each vile of HGH had 6 mg of HGH, how maney IUs is 6 mg of HGH?
I believe but am not at all certain that 1 IU = 1 mg of HGH, is this true?

No it isn't true. I don't remember how many IUs are in a mg., I think it is about 3. Somebody should know for sure. I think those vials are 18 ius each.

going hypo

aky said:
ok, im not taking slin now,but i might... someday

what if you become hypoglycemic (not while sleeping), what do you do? Sorry about the basic question, but maybe this will help others also.

get some suger, quickly

Trevdog said:
No it isn't true. I don't remember how many IUs are in a mg., I think it is about 3. Somebody should know for sure. I think those vials are 18 ius each.

Yes.......1 mg rHGH is ~ 3 IU

Converting STD IU of HGH to MG of HGH(1mgHGH = 2.7 IU using the water it came with)

Based on my research, it seems that european\asian manufacturers of HGH use IU (which is a unit of valume like ML, but equal to 1/10th of a ml - it think) with a stadard amount of HGH diluted in it. US manufactures just state the number of MG in each vile ( 6 MG for the one's I have seen). One MG of HGH at the standard dilution (with the water it comes with) produces 2.7 IU. So the conversion is 1 mg of HGH = 2.7 IU at the standard dilution (withthe water it comes with). I think we should think of it in terms of MG HGH taken, rather than IUs becouse an IU can have different concentration of HGH within it depending on the amount of water it is dissolved with.

supergirl said:
Well also as you get older, your gh production dramatically decreases... so the idea is Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) to get levels back up where they were in puberty... hence causing hypertrophy and all the wonders of gh...
Actually..... as we age, the GH secretion is still the same as when you're YOUNG. The only difference is some kinda protein that binds to GH making it ineffective. :D

That's the latest info I read about hGH.

larby said:
then why are results better with people over 30-40 compared to people in their 20's????
Depends on what you mean by "RESULTS". I hear older people tend to respond to 1IU per day and they get sides wayyyyy harsher than young people.

Bring back a classic thread.

Wow! What perfect timing......for me anyway.....as I'm just getting back into the game and need the most updated info I can get in regards to this subject. Thanks Trev! Let's see what develops........

It seems that in one study there are different variables on how long HGH is suppressed after administration:

CLINICAL STUDIES Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of GH: dependence on route and dosage of administration, Alexandra Keller, Eur J Endocrinol June 1, 2007 156 647-653

Abstract

Objective: Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic data after recombinant human GH (rhGH) administration in adults are scarce, but necessary to optimize replacement therapy and to detect doping. We examined pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and 20 kDa GH after injection of rhGH at different doses and routes of administration.

Design: Open-label crossover study with single boluses of rhGH.

Methods: Healthy trained subjects (10 males, 10 females) received bolus injections of rhGH on three occasions: 0.033 mg/kg s.c., 0.083 mg/kg s.c., and 0.033 mg/kg i.m. Concentrations of 22 and 20 kDa GH, IGF-I, and IGF-binding proteins (IGFBP)-3 were measured repeatedly before and up to 36 h after injection.

Results: Serum GH maximal concentration (Cmax) and area under the time-concentration curve (AUC) were higher after i.m. than s.c. administration of 0.033 mg/kg (Cmax 35.5 and 12.0 ***956; g/l; AUC 196.2 and 123.8). Cmax and AUC were higher in males than in females (P < 0.01) and pharmacodynamic changes were more pronounced. IGFBP-3 concentrations showed no dose dependency. In response to rhGH administration, 20 kDa GH decreased in females and remained suppressed for 14***8211;18 h (low dose) and 30 h (high dose). In males, 20 kDa GH was undetectable at baseline and throughout the study.

Conclusions: After rhGH administration, pharmacokinetic parameters are mainly influenced by route of administration, whereas pharmacodynamic variables and 20 kDa GH concentrations are determined mainly by gender. These differences need to be considered for therapeutic use and for detection of rhGH doping.

This could mean (depending or protocol) in Superwoman's case, her HGH levels potentially be supressed for up to 30 hours which would mean that even administering HGH prior to bedtime one will continuously shutdown your Endogenous levels of HGH.

In response to rhGH administration, 20 kDa GH decreased in females and remained suppressed for 14***8211;18 h (low dose) and 30 h (high dose). In males, 20 kDa GH was undetectable at baseline and throughout the study.

Variables that can change things are gender, administration type e.g. SC or IM , dosage and timing.

Last edited:
It seems that in one study there are different variables on how long HGH is suppressed after administration:

CLINICAL STUDIES Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of GH: dependence on route and dosage of administration, Alexandra Keller, Eur J Endocrinol June 1, 2007 156 647-653

Abstract

Objective: Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic data after recombinant human GH (rhGH) administration in adults are scarce, but necessary to optimize replacement therapy and to detect doping. We examined pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and 20 kDa GH after injection of rhGH at different doses and routes of administration.

Design: Open-label crossover study with single boluses of rhGH.

Methods: Healthy trained subjects (10 males, 10 females) received bolus injections of rhGH on three occasions: 0.033 mg/kg s.c., 0.083 mg/kg s.c., and 0.033 mg/kg i.m. Concentrations of 22 and 20 kDa GH, IGF-I, and IGF-binding proteins (IGFBP)-3 were measured repeatedly before and up to 36 h after injection.

Results: Serum GH maximal concentration (Cmax) and area under the time-concentration curve (AUC) were higher after i.m. than s.c. administration of 0.033 mg/kg (Cmax 35.5 and 12.0 ***956; g/l; AUC 196.2 and 123.8). Cmax and AUC were higher in males than in females (P < 0.01) and pharmacodynamic changes were more pronounced. IGFBP-3 concentrations showed no dose dependency. In response to rhGH administration, 20 kDa GH decreased in females and remained suppressed for 14***8211;18 h (low dose) and 30 h (high dose). In males, 20 kDa GH was undetectable at baseline and throughout the study.

Conclusions: After rhGH administration, pharmacokinetic parameters are mainly influenced by route of administration, whereas pharmacodynamic variables and 20 kDa GH concentrations are determined mainly by gender. These differences need to be considered for therapeutic use and for detection of rhGH doping.

This could mean (depending or protocol) in Superwoman's case, her HGH levels potentially be supressed for up to 30 hours which would mean that even administering HGH prior to bedtime one will continuously shutdown your Endogenous levels of HGH.

In response to rhGH administration, 20 kDa GH decreased in females and remained suppressed for 14***8211;18 h (low dose) and 30 h (high dose). In males, 20 kDa GH was undetectable at baseline and throughout the study.

Variables that can change things are gender, administration type e.g. SC or IM , dosage and timing.

BUMP any discussion

Bump. Anybody have any sort of update with respect to the time of day? Also, Anybody feel like they have less GH circulating or lower basal IGF levels after running a cycle of HGH. Will my body recover 100% of its own GH production and signaling? Will all negative feedback cease? If so how roughly how long til it does? Im staring at my GH right now about to pin.

Back