is there a docter in the house

The bottom line is that it is in only the most severe cases of hypogonadism that serum testosteorne levels drop below "normal" (how I hate that word!). A man may be at 450ng/dL (bottom of "normal"--there's that word again--usually around 300), yet suffer all the symptoms of hypogonadism. I sim[ply cannot ignore that. Real Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) doctors understand that men are happiest and healthiest when they live in the upper quartile of serum T concentration.

So I run all the tests, but also pay close attention to the patient's answers on my Medical History Form. The we decide TOGETHER what the treatment will be.

My experience tells me it often is more a matter of how a man has lived most of his life. Some guys bump along just fine at 300ng/dL. But if you are used to living at 700, and it drops to 450, your quality of life may drop dramatically. It is most satisfying for me as a physician to find a fellow who has suffered hypogonadism all his life, then, once I have him tuned-up, he tells he "is really living" for the first time in his life. Just this afternoon a patient of mine emailed me with a rather, well, explicit description of what he did with his wife this morning--he was SO proud of himself, as they had previously gone a long, long time without enjoying any kind of a lovelife.

If anyone really wants to know exactly how I do Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), I'll be glad to tell you. Perhaps you can take that information to your own physician (or even if he/she is a Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) doctor).

buffdoc said:
...I knew a doc who was addicted (others plus test); his admission total test level was 25,000!! That's right, kids, twenty-five thousand! He was also doing enough prednisone and decadron to get a handy case of Cushing's syndrome....
(yes, this is an old thread)
For what benefit would this doc have been taking large doses of prednisone?

I'm not sure what happened to this 'buffdoc' fella, but maybe somebody else knows.

Back