Sleeping aids

melampus yes ive tried increasing the doseage but the real problem i have is staying asleep not going to sleep ambien an sonata are mostly designed to help you go to sleep

DADAWG...

I gotcha. I was curious. I figured maybe a higher dosage would knock you out for a longer period of time. Too bad it doesn't work that way for you :(

phoenixphyre said:
Small blue pills? Were they Kolonopin? Those will definitely knock you out but it has the same next-day drowsy after-effects.

Try Trazadone...another prescription sleeping aid.

Speaking of sleep; it's 3:45AM..I should try and get some...

These gave no after effects i find the next day, if anything I am more awake than normal. The only side is that you have a bitter taste in your mouth for a bit in the morning but once you eat its gone.

DARKO...

Darko said:
These gave no after effects i find the next day, if anything I am more awake than normal. The only side is that you have a bitter taste in your mouth for a bit in the morning but once you eat its gone.

The Clonazepam, or the Trazadone?

You have named almost all the drugs that i know of, unless, Canadian or Euro like Imovane......The problem is sedation the next day and that is with anything......Generaly Benzodiazipines do not do this like Valium, Clonazapam, Ativan etc.....The only other option is Remeron or Mirtazipine at 15mg. at bedtime but it will cause sedation the next day in some.......However, it wears off over a couple of weeks plus it gives you the appetite from hell.

I talked to someone with insomnia and they say that the trick to not feeling tired and groggy is to sleep on a soft mattress and let your body relax fully. Your mind might be racing but atleast you're body's rested.

TechChemY said:
I talked to someone with insomnia and they say that the trick to not feeling tired and groggy is to sleep on a soft mattress and let your body relax fully. Your mind might be racing but atleast you're body's rested.

I would be very carful about this, especially people like BBer's I found the heavier I got the back problems i had from sleeping on a matress that was too soft. i had one of those feather matresses you put ontop on your normal one, i thought it was great to start, but after a while I had the worst back pain ever.

It is something to stay on top about.........Also i read many times that as you get older it becomes more and more difficult to get good sleep as it were...............

Back