Something a little different...

Having tried similar workouts before, I was thinking the exact opposite of this.

I think they got the toughguy syndrome after they trained the cast of "300". They definitely know their shit but most of them are 160lb rock climbers. I just found it interesting how a lot of the stuff transfers very well to different goals/body types.

i saw that. either way, alot of it is impressive. And like i said, if you can walk the walk, thats fine. The main owner has some sick pics on his page climbing glaciers and shit. WTF!!

12/11

"Murph"

Run 1 mile (7:30, not bad for a fatty)
100 Pull Ups
200 Push Ups
300 Squats

Run 1 Mile (8:50)

Time: 49:30

What a fucking ass kicker!!

jesus crist! did you do those in sets going from one to the other or all the pullup, then the push ups, etc.?

Unfukkinbelieveable! I did 50 pullups (in sets of 10) on my 50th birthday and ended u straining some godam muscle in my arm on #47 - but i finished cause i have a HUGE ego. hahahaha best was on my 30th b-day i did 1 set of 30! and i weighted 175! ;-) little harder at 200.

Mucho respect studly!

jesus crist! did you do those in sets going from one to the other or all the pullup, then the push ups, etc.?

Unfukkinbelieveable! I did 50 pullups (in sets of 10) on my 50th birthday and ended u straining some godam muscle in my arm on #47 - but i finished cause i have a HUGE ego. hahahaha best was on my 30th b-day i did 1 set of 30! and i weighted 175! ;-) little harder at 200.

Mucho respect studly!

all at once for each group. you partition however you like. I kipped the pullups and it was still a nightmare. The push ups i thought would be better, shitttttt!!! I was doing sets of 25 til 75 then it was sets of 10 to the finish. The squats i thought would be even easier cause they are air squats.... WRONG!! Did sets of 30 til they were done. Then the last mile felt like i was running with concrete in my pockets.

Again, this was prolly not the smartest workout to do after a week of no training and still being sick, but what the hell.

I said that as I sit here with my entire body being sore as fuck. lol

all at once for each group. you partition however you like. I kipped the pullups and it was still a nightmare. The push ups i thought would be better, shitttttt!!! I was doing sets of 25 til 75 then it was sets of 10 to the finish. The squats i thought would be even easier cause they are air squats.... WRONG!! Did sets of 30 til they were done. Then the last mile felt like i was running with concrete in my pockets.

Again, this was prolly not the smartest workout to do after a week of no training and still being sick, but what the hell.

I said that as I sit here with my entire body being sore as fuck. lol

Yeah you're a stupid bastard for sure - but a damn strong one! hahaha - try some epsom salts in a hot bath - that will make u feel good.

100 Pull Ups
200 Push Ups
300 Squats

Bro, any one of these numbers alone would be impressive enough for most of the people on here. You're a freak dude.

Felt good tonight considering i went in with a weak mindset as I was sick all last week.

12/13

Squats - 370x5x3
Press - 200x5x3 (this is getting heavy. lol)
Weighted Pull Ups - 7/7/5 Decided to throw on a 20lb pack and go to town. Nice and strict. Never thought pulling up 255lbs would be that hard... guess 7 reps ain't bad. :D

Overall good night. Right knee was wobbly tonight, may need to start wrapping em. Dammit!!

lol reading posts like this bring back fond memories of buds.

i've done quite a bit of the metcon style of workouts over the years but yeah most military special forces train in similar ways. i still throw these kind of workouts around though i changed it up recently to focus on the mass gains and i figure i will bring my endurance and whatnot back up when i feel it is lagging too hard from the bbing, which hasn't really been an issue so far. i play competetive basketball (we practice once or twice a week with a game or two every week during the seasons) and i still bust my ass up and down the court and had a nice 4th quarter breakaway throwdown with a foul when i'd played a good portion of the game already last sunday.... at 240lbs i could be doing a lot worse!

bk has been ringing for us sometimes while here visiting and he used to be able to outrun me but he is on dbol still lol his shit gets so pumped so fast and it is a STRUGGLE for him to keep hustling. i just laugh my ass off 'cause i know what's up, i can tell how much pain he's in trying not to show it..

thanks man, they seem a little arrogant, but thats fine with me cuz their bios seem to be able to back it up.

Have been outta the gym sick all week. First day back today. Only about 90% as I still have alot of congestion in my chest/head. Over did it a little but felt good to be back.

12/11

"Murph"

100 Pull Ups
200 Push Ups
300 Squats

Last edited:
i wish we had training like this when i was in. Hell our Seal Team attachment had to be the fattest of the fat... but they could still swim. lol

Anyway, another fun night. I made up a MetCon that like always sounded much better on paper. FUCK!!

12/14

Cleans - 195x3x5 - Technique is gradually getting better, but still not great. Gotta practice this weekend.
Weighted Dips (20lb pack) - 32/28/17

MetCon

AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) in 5 minutes

10 Thrusters 95lbs
10 Lateral Burpees

3rds. plus 4 thrusters. I couldn't walk for 15 minutes. :D

Cleans - 195x3x5 - Technique is gradually getting better, but still not great. Gotta practice this weekend.
I always had trouble racking with my arm position. I just could never do it like they teach.
What all are you having problems with? Thats some decent weight for cleans btw especially being new to them.

I always had trouble racking with my arm position. I just could never do it like they teach.
What all are you having problems with? Thats some decent weight for cleans btw especially being new to them.

Really its just my overall technique. I know i have to keep my arms tight and not have too early of an arm bend. I know i need to drive and open up my hips after the knees. And then the jump that most do to get under the bar.

Like i said, its getting better, i just need to practice with lighter weight for a while. I've watched enough videos to kill a horse.

Are you doing cleans from the floor? One way to practice that emphasises the hip action/explosiveness is to do hang cleans. You have less distance to generate the force needed to bring the bar all the way up, so that hip pop becomes so much more important. Also, starting with the bar off the ground allows more freedom of movement.
It also places the bar right at the portion of the lift where the most force is needed.

To get under the bar just be an athlete, not a bodybuilder. :thefinger Don't think of it as a jump but just a drop. If you've done the rest of the clean right, you don't need to "try" do anything to get under to rack. When the bar is at the correct height, just drop "into position."

Hope that helps.

Are you doing cleans from the floor? One way to practice that emphasises the hip action/explosiveness is to do hang cleans. You have less distance to generate the force needed to bring the bar all the way up, so that hip pop becomes so much more important. Also, starting with the bar off the ground allows more freedom of movement.
It also places the bar right at the portion of the lift where the most force is needed.

To get under the bar just be an athlete, not a bodybuilder. :thefinger Don't think of it as a jump but just a drop. If you've done the rest of the clean right, you don't need to "try" do anything to get under to rack. When the bar is at the correct height, just drop "into position."

Hope that helps.

yep, from the floor. I'll try what you said. That makes sense. Didn't think of it as a drop.

I'll try em hanging to practice as well. I think i'll have it soon, just need more practice.

Thanks for pointing out my lack of athleticism too fuck wad. :iwdumbass hahaha

Thanks for pointing out my lack of athleticism too fuck wad. hahaha
Fucking superman himself admits his weakness. Nice.

Just noticed the new sig. btw, it should be mandatory viewing upon registering for the forum.

Fucking superman himself admits his weakness. Nice.

Just noticed the new sig. btw, it should be mandatory viewing upon registering for the forum.

yeah, i think the low volume routine should be standard for all NEWBs < 200lbs, but I feel that video more than supercedes its importance. :D

Weighted Dips (20lb pack) - 32/28/17

MetCon

AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) in 5 minutes

10 Thrusters 95lbs
10 Lateral Burpees

3rds. plus 4 thrusters. I couldn't walk for 15 minutes. :D

i am liking this workout! - what is it 30 mins and 3000 cals total?

i was doing push presses for shoulders - but somehow ended up doing cleans last night - I cant quite believe your numbers - i thought 105 lbs was going to crush me! hahahaha - u did just 2 sets 3 reps and 5 reps? maybe i'll try that and see if i can get the weight up a bit.

How long did you rest before you went into the thrusters and burpees? my knees ache just reading that! Most Brolic, my friend!!! (bet you don't look as cute as the girl on YouTube with the ponytail jumping over the bar.....)wouldn't you say the burpee is just like a clean?

BTW - nice new avitar - i thought it was a cartoon silhouette of the hulk...;-)

i am liking this workout! - what is it 30 mins and 3000 cals total?

i was doing push presses for shoulders - but somehow ended up doing cleans last night - I cant quite believe your numbers - i thought 105 lbs was going to crush me! hahahaha - u did just 2 sets 3 reps and 5 reps? maybe i'll try that and see if i can get the weight up a bit.

How long did you rest before you went into the thrusters and burpees? my knees ache just reading that! Most Brolic, my friend!!! (bet you don't look as cute as the girl on YouTube with the ponytail jumping over the bar.....)wouldn't you say the burpee is just like a clean?

BTW - nice new avitar - i thought it was a cartoon silhouette of the hulk...;-)

takes about 50 mins total. i take my time during the strength stuff. and i did 5 sets of 3.

s for burpees. i hate them fuckers. as do i hate thrusters. why i chose that workout i have no idea. And I'd say there worse than cleans. lol

well, decided to do front squats today cause my knees were getting sore from all the squatting lately. For some reason felt like King Kong today.

12/16

Front Squats - 275x5x3 (went up wayyyy too easy.
Bench - 325x5x3
Weighted Dips - 34/26/20 then forced about 7 more. then then took off the pack and did 12 more. fried

Called it a day. came home and had a man's feast. 1lb of angus beef cheese burgers and tater tots baby!!

Back