Suppressing Prolactin Safely, Effectively and Cheaply

TxLonghorn said:
Ok, you are missing the point totally on this. We aren't saying that everybody should supplement with b6 at these levels, only if you are having prolactin problems.

If we were discussing amounts bbers get from diet, you would be incredibly wrong assuming they get anywhere close to 600mg/day of b6. But we aren't discussing that. Btw, a very high dose multi b vitamin will only give you 100mg of b6. A pound of steak will give you 2.5mg of b6. Soooo, giving you the benefit of the doubt and saying you take a b vitamin, you would have to eat 200lbs of meat/day to get the 600mg of b6 we are talking here. But like I siad above, we aren't trying for the rda or to cure a deficiency, but to use the b6 like a drug.

Nelson, what are your problems with this, I think you missed the point as well.

B6 at mega doses has been shown to have similar beneficial effects as bromo, with none of the sides. Combine that with cost (~$3 for weeks worth), availability (Wally World), and now stonecold's experience...and you have some mighty good reasons to try it.

I've got a little bit of fina left that I couldn't use because of gyno problems that nolva couldn't help but bromo did. I hated bromo though. I'm going to check this out as well.

Ok, you are right, I missed the fact that doses of B6 in multivitamins are way lower than suggested doses here in the study.

TxLonghorn said:
Ok, you are missing the point totally on this. We aren't saying that everybody should supplement with b6 at these levels, only if you are having prolactin problems.

If we were discussing amounts bbers get from diet, you would be incredibly wrong assuming they get anywhere close to 600mg/day of b6. But we aren't discussing that. Btw, a very high dose multi b vitamin will only give you 100mg of b6. A pound of steak will give you 2.5mg of b6. Soooo, giving you the benefit of the doubt and saying you take a b vitamin, you would have to eat 200lbs of meat/day to get the 600mg of b6 we are talking here. But like I siad above, we aren't trying for the rda or to cure a deficiency, but to use the b6 like a drug.

Nelson, what are your problems with this, I think you missed the point as well.

B6 at mega doses has been shown to have similar beneficial effects as bromo, with none of the sides. Combine that with cost (~$3 for weeks worth), availability (Wally World), and now stonecold's experience...and you have some mighty good reasons to try it.

I've got a little bit of fina left that I couldn't use because of gyno problems that nolva couldn't help but bromo did. I hated bromo though. I'm going to check this out as well.

Ok, you are right, I missed the fact that doses of B6 in multivitamins are way lower than suggested doses here in the study.

hhajdo said:
As long as you keep your estrogen levels under control, you don't need to worry about prolactin.

I agree with this 100%! Control the estrogen and you will not have any nasty prolactin sides from things like Deca. I know this to be true from personal trial & error cycles.

hhajdo said:
As long as you keep your estrogen levels under control, you don't need to worry about prolactin.

I agree with this 100%! Control the estrogen and you will not have any nasty prolactin sides from things like Deca. I know this to be true from personal trial & error cycles.

Most of you do not understand the action of prolactin in the body and its relationship to progesterone (a hormone that stimulates prolactin release). Anadrol, DECA, FINA, and Tren cause elevated prolactin levels. None of these drugs aromatize or affect estrogen levels. They do stimulate progesterone release. Increased progesterone will cause an increase of prolactin. Increased estrogen levels can also stimulate increased prolactin levels. Prolactin stimulates the glandular tissue in the male breast. This is what causes the lactation and other gyno-like symptoms.

When a user uses Testsoterone and an anti-e, he keeps his estrogen levels in check, and suffers no estrogenic or prolactin sides. When a user uses DECA, FINA, TREN or Anadrol, he may increase his prolactin levels. Bromo was a first-generation drug of choice for lowering prolactin levels with BB'ers. The problem with Bromo is proper dosing and the nasty side effects. Then along came Dostinex. It was easier to dose and it had no sides. Both of these drugs directly inhibit prolactin. Stanozolol or Winstrol also inhibits prolactin, but it does it differently. Winstrol blocks progesterone receptors. By doing so, it inhibits prolactin. While Dostinex is the safest way to control Prolactin, it is the most expensive. My next choice would be to use low-dose Winstrol (50mg, Mon, Wed, Fri) with my DECA, FINA/Tren, or Anadrol. You know the problems with Winstrol, but if the cycle is eight weeks or less, you will be OK. Also, I have found that if one keeps his weekly DECA dosing below 400mg weekly that Proalctin doesn't seem to be a problem. The important thing is to keep prolactin and estrogen under control during one's cycles.

Most of you do not understand the action of prolactin in the body and its relationship to progesterone (a hormone that stimulates prolactin release). Anadrol, DECA, FINA, and Tren cause elevated prolactin levels. None of these drugs aromatize or affect estrogen levels. They do stimulate progesterone release. Increased progesterone will cause an increase of prolactin. Increased estrogen levels can also stimulate increased prolactin levels. Prolactin stimulates the glandular tissue in the male breast. This is what causes the lactation and other gyno-like symptoms.

When a user uses Testsoterone and an anti-e, he keeps his estrogen levels in check, and suffers no estrogenic or prolactin sides. When a user uses DECA, FINA, TREN or Anadrol, he may increase his prolactin levels. Bromo was a first-generation drug of choice for lowering prolactin levels with BB'ers. The problem with Bromo is proper dosing and the nasty side effects. Then along came Dostinex. It was easier to dose and it had no sides. Both of these drugs directly inhibit prolactin. Stanozolol or Winstrol also inhibits prolactin, but it does it differently. Winstrol blocks progesterone receptors. By doing so, it inhibits prolactin. While Dostinex is the safest way to control Prolactin, it is the most expensive. My next choice would be to use low-dose Winstrol (50mg, Mon, Wed, Fri) with my DECA, FINA/Tren, or Anadrol. You know the problems with Winstrol, but if the cycle is eight weeks or less, you will be OK. Also, I have found that if one keeps his weekly DECA dosing below 400mg weekly that Proalctin doesn't seem to be a problem. The important thing is to keep prolactin and estrogen under control during one's cycles.

DUANABOL said:

I know this to NOT be true from personal trial & error cycles.

DUANABOL said:

I know this to NOT be true from personal trial & error cycles.

DrJMW said:

Awesome info brotha that pretty much answers my question from above!!!!!!!!!

DrJMW said:

Awesome info brotha that pretty much answers my question from above!!!!!!!!!

DrJMW said:

It seems that you're the one who doesn't understand...

Even strong progestins like medroxyprogesterone acetate sometimes don't affect PRL.

For example:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=1692498&dopt=Abstract

Nandrolone doesn't stimulate progesterone release, it's a progestin itself - actually a selective modulator of progesterone receptor which means that it can bind the PR as an agonist or antagonist....

The research I've seen which addressed this shows no effect of nandrolone (as a part of an Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) stack) on PRL, so please don't make wrong assumptions:

Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
Copyright Q 1993 by The Endocrine Society
Vol. 16, No. 4

Ingestion of Androgenic-Anabolic Steroids Induces Mild Thyroidal Impairment in Male Body Builders

ROMAN DEYSSIG AND MICHAEL WEISSEL
Third Medical University Clinic and L. Boltzmann Institute for Nuclear Medicine, A-1090 Vienna, Austria

Thirteen bodybuilders, recruited in local training centers, with normal thyroid function were investigated. Thyroid dysfunction was excluded by measurement of free Td, palpation of the thyroid, and clinical investigation. All athletes performed regular strength training up to six times a week. Five of the athletes admitted self administration of androgenic-anabolic steroids. These were obtained from nonmedical sources. The start of steroid intake was at least 6 weeks before the study. The individual doses of their self-reported “stacking regimen” (two or more different steroids simultaneously; see Ref. 12) were as follows. Testosterone was used im once or twice a week in different esters, such as
propionate, phenylpropionate, capronate, isocaprionate, and enantate. Nandrolone (17@-hydroxy-4-e&en-3-one) was injected once a week as phenylpropionate or decanoate....

Tables 2 and 3 give the mean values and SES of the serum hormone concentrations in both groups. Basal TBG, total Ts,
and total T4 were significantly lower in the group of athletes taking steroids (Table 2), with no significant difference in free Td, TSH, and PRL between the two groups.

Basal and stimulated PRL levels were unaffected by androgens, as has been described previously for pharmaco-logical doses in hypogonadal men (10).

---------------------

Clin Nephrol 1989 Oct;32(4):198-201 Related Articles, Links

Anabolic steroid-associated hypogonadism in male hemodialysis patients.

Maeda Y, Nakanishi T, Ozawa K, Kijima Y, Nakayama I, Shoji T, Sasaoka T.

Dialysis Center, Yokosuka Kyosai Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan.

Hypogonadism in male hemodialysis patients has been previously reported. However, its precise pathogenesis has not yet been clarified. Mepitiostane and nandrolone decanoate are anabolic steroids prescribed for uremic anemia, and those may possibly exacerbate uremic gonadal damage. We studied the influences of these steroids on male gonadal function. Seventy-six hemodialysis patients were selected and examined for levels of luteinizing hormone (LH), follicular stimulating hormone (FSH), total testosterone, and prolactin. Twenty-three patients who received anabolic steroids showed lower testosterone values (205.2 +/- 35.6 ng/dl) than did patients without these steroids (449.7 +/- 21.3 ng/dl). Gonadotropins and prolactin showed no significant differences between the patients with and without the steroids. The testosterone values of three patients with mepitiostane increased after they stopped taking steroids. One patient suffering from complete aspermia recovered (sperm count: 0/ml to 1300 x 10(4)/ml) after discontinuation of mepitiostane and administration of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG). This clinical study suggests that some anabolic steroids play a role in uremic hypogonadism; thus mepitiostane or its analogues should be carefully prescribed for young male patients.

DrJMW said:

It seems that you're the one who doesn't understand...

Even strong progestins like medroxyprogesterone acetate sometimes don't affect PRL.

For example:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=1692498&dopt=Abstract

Nandrolone doesn't stimulate progesterone release, it's a progestin itself - actually a selective modulator of progesterone receptor which means that it can bind the PR as an agonist or antagonist....

The research I've seen which addressed this shows no effect of nandrolone (as a part of an Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) stack) on PRL, so please don't make wrong assumptions:

Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
Copyright Q 1993 by The Endocrine Society
Vol. 16, No. 4

Ingestion of Androgenic-Anabolic Steroids Induces Mild Thyroidal Impairment in Male Body Builders

ROMAN DEYSSIG AND MICHAEL WEISSEL
Third Medical University Clinic and L. Boltzmann Institute for Nuclear Medicine, A-1090 Vienna, Austria

Thirteen bodybuilders, recruited in local training centers, with normal thyroid function were investigated. Thyroid dysfunction was excluded by measurement of free Td, palpation of the thyroid, and clinical investigation. All athletes performed regular strength training up to six times a week. Five of the athletes admitted self administration of androgenic-anabolic steroids. These were obtained from nonmedical sources. The start of steroid intake was at least 6 weeks before the study. The individual doses of their self-reported “stacking regimen” (two or more different steroids simultaneously; see Ref. 12) were as follows. Testosterone was used im once or twice a week in different esters, such as
propionate, phenylpropionate, capronate, isocaprionate, and enantate. Nandrolone (17@-hydroxy-4-e&en-3-one) was injected once a week as phenylpropionate or decanoate....

Tables 2 and 3 give the mean values and SES of the serum hormone concentrations in both groups. Basal TBG, total Ts,
and total T4 were significantly lower in the group of athletes taking steroids (Table 2), with no significant difference in free Td, TSH, and PRL between the two groups.

Basal and stimulated PRL levels were unaffected by androgens, as has been described previously for pharmaco-logical doses in hypogonadal men (10).

---------------------

Clin Nephrol 1989 Oct;32(4):198-201 Related Articles, Links

Anabolic steroid-associated hypogonadism in male hemodialysis patients.

Maeda Y, Nakanishi T, Ozawa K, Kijima Y, Nakayama I, Shoji T, Sasaoka T.

Dialysis Center, Yokosuka Kyosai Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan.

Hypogonadism in male hemodialysis patients has been previously reported. However, its precise pathogenesis has not yet been clarified. Mepitiostane and nandrolone decanoate are anabolic steroids prescribed for uremic anemia, and those may possibly exacerbate uremic gonadal damage. We studied the influences of these steroids on male gonadal function. Seventy-six hemodialysis patients were selected and examined for levels of luteinizing hormone (LH), follicular stimulating hormone (FSH), total testosterone, and prolactin. Twenty-three patients who received anabolic steroids showed lower testosterone values (205.2 +/- 35.6 ng/dl) than did patients without these steroids (449.7 +/- 21.3 ng/dl). Gonadotropins and prolactin showed no significant differences between the patients with and without the steroids. The testosterone values of three patients with mepitiostane increased after they stopped taking steroids. One patient suffering from complete aspermia recovered (sperm count: 0/ml to 1300 x 10(4)/ml) after discontinuation of mepitiostane and administration of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG). This clinical study suggests that some anabolic steroids play a role in uremic hypogonadism; thus mepitiostane or its analogues should be carefully prescribed for young male patients.

DrJMW said:

Winstrol blocks progesterone receptors. By doing so, it inhibits prolactin. [B/]

This was also shown to be BS. And PR antagonists can also stimulate PRL secretion.

DrJMW said:

Winstrol blocks progesterone receptors. By doing so, it inhibits prolactin. [B/]

This was also shown to be BS. And PR antagonists can also stimulate PRL secretion.

BTW, there's some evidence that anadrol is NOT a PR agonist (I didn't read the actual study).....

..."However we do find medical studies looking at this possibility. One such tested the progestational activity; of various steroids including nandrolone, norethandrolone, methandrostenolone, testosterone and oxymetholone. It reported no significant progestational effect inherent in oxymetholone or methandrostenolone, slight activity with testosterone and strong progestational effect inherent in nandrolone and norethandrolone. With such findings it starts to seem much more likely that oxymetholone can intrinsically activate the estrogen receptor itself, similar to but more profoundly than the estrogenic androgen methandriol. Clearly if this is the case we can only combat the estrogenic side effects of oxymetholone with estrogen receptor antagonists such as Nolvadex or Clomid, and not with an aromatase inhibitor..."

..."But a study2 testing the progestational effects of oxymetholone and methandrostenolone against those of testosterone as well as nandrolone and its metabolites showed that the progestagenic activity of oxymetholone wasn't even in the neighbourhood of that of testosterone, let alone nandrolone..."

(2)

Desausles PA, Les hormones anabolisantes de point de vue experimental (Anabolic hormones from an experimental viewpoint), Helv. Med. Acta 1960 , 479-503

BTW, there's some evidence that anadrol is NOT a PR agonist (I didn't read the actual study).....

..."However we do find medical studies looking at this possibility. One such tested the progestational activity; of various steroids including nandrolone, norethandrolone, methandrostenolone, testosterone and oxymetholone. It reported no significant progestational effect inherent in oxymetholone or methandrostenolone, slight activity with testosterone and strong progestational effect inherent in nandrolone and norethandrolone. With such findings it starts to seem much more likely that oxymetholone can intrinsically activate the estrogen receptor itself, similar to but more profoundly than the estrogenic androgen methandriol. Clearly if this is the case we can only combat the estrogenic side effects of oxymetholone with estrogen receptor antagonists such as Nolvadex or Clomid, and not with an aromatase inhibitor..."

..."But a study2 testing the progestational effects of oxymetholone and methandrostenolone against those of testosterone as well as nandrolone and its metabolites showed that the progestagenic activity of oxymetholone wasn't even in the neighbourhood of that of testosterone, let alone nandrolone..."

(2)

Desausles PA, Les hormones anabolisantes de point de vue experimental (Anabolic hormones from an experimental viewpoint), Helv. Med. Acta 1960 , 479-503

hhajdo said:
Blood test ? Which Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) did you use ?

Deca and tren (different times). After stopping both, gyno symptoms stopped. The problem with deca was that it took a loooong time to stop. Luckily the dosages for both were very minimal. Deca was 300mg and the tren was 75mg eod. The deca was a long time ago and then I had one inject of when on cycle to see if the bromo would help with deca.

The last time this happened was tren/test. After my second shot of tren I had symptoms. I hit the bromo, stopped the tren, symptoms went away. Stayed on bromo, added tren, no symptoms. But I hated bromo, had to ramp it up slowly, felt like shit on it, etc., etc. Plus it's expensive and I had to use an overseas pharmacy to get it. Also, I experimented with the dosage of the tren and went to 150mg eod and still no itchy nips while on bromo.

I had some leftover deca as well since the gyno symptoms hit me almost immediately. I took one shot to see if I would notice any symptoms, and nothing. Again, I was still on the bromo.

Soooo, I know that being on test didn't lower prolactin enough to stop any gyno problems with tren or deca. However, the bromo did. Since bromo is a pain in the ass in just about every way, I have shyed away from tren and deca.

And when it first happened on deca, I was taking eq at the same time at 400mg/week. I stopped the deca, tried Winstrol (winny) (because at that time, the Winstrol (winny) will stop progesterone gyno was rampant) at 50mg/day for a week, then 100mg/day for a week, neither one worked worth a shit and my nips were in serious pain.

I was also taking nolva at the time. That didn't help either.

After that cycle, I stuck to gear that aromatized and was able to control the gyno symptoms with anti e's like nolva, arimi, and letro. Btw, I only take anti-e's when I get gyno symptoms, and I always get gyno symptoms.

I have had itchy nips on 250mgtest/600mg/eq, which is one reason why I have never gone with high dosages on my cycles. I have never had any confidence in the anti-es until letro because I would still get a twinge or two now and then, regardless of dosage until I tried letro. Of course the problem with letro is inability to function sexually. Hello cialis and hello drug cascade...I'm taking tren, but that shuts me down pretty hard so I'll add test, but the tren also gives me gyno so I'll need to add bromo, but then the test can give me gyno as well so I'll add in letro, well that makes me limp, so I'll add cialis...

I know I am not typical, but it still happens. I am soooo susceptible to gyno it isn't even funny. I know what works and what doesn't. The fact that bromo stops the itch after a few days when taking tren/deca, and the fact that b6 is touted to be an alternative to bromo means I will try it.

Blood test or not, bromo stopped the gyno. And I hate doctors, so I'm not getting a blood test anytime soon. I now read that B6 can take the place of bromo...I'm going to try tren or deca and see what happens. I see this as no risk since I still have 2 packets of parlodel. But if the b6 works, then I can now do a cycle like everybody else.

Hell, I might try this in the next week or two. If the b6 helps me, do I think it will help everybody? No. But if it helps me, it will help somebody else with similar problems, and the fact that stonecold is using it with success gives me great hope.

Bottom line I know these things: other gear does not suppress prolactin to the point that it will not cause a problem if I am also taking deca or tren (I cannot comment on anadrol). I am HIGHLY susceptible to gyno both estrogenic and otherwise. I have found that letro is far superior to nolva and arimidex for ME when it comes to estrogen suppression. I have found that neither nolva nor Winstrol (winny) do diddly when it comes to helping with gyno from deca/tren. Suppressing estrogen doesn't help my gyno at all when taking deca or tren. Bromo helps gyno problems when it comes to deca/tren. I *hope* b6 does as well as bromo, because if it does, I am getting back on the tren bandwagon and telling everybody I can about B6. And with the study mentioned, it took something like 5 days. So if it works, it works pretty immediately, if it doesn't, it doesn't and I will continue looking. Dostinex is extremely expensive as well and imo not an option. If B6 doesn't work, I will stick to aromatizing gear, Winstrol (winny), and ox.

I guess that's why I think this is such great news and can't understand why everybody wants to dismiss this. Hell, the Winstrol (winny) blocks the PR got more love and there weren't ANY studies or mention of doctors using it like we have for B6. And back then Winstrol (winny) was freaking expensive. We are talking $3 wasted if it doesn't help you, not a buck a tab like with bromo or nolva, and a trip to the grocery store. No sweaty palms waiting for the mail to arrive either.

hhajdo said:
Blood test ? Which Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) did you use ?

Deca and tren (different times). After stopping both, gyno symptoms stopped. The problem with deca was that it took a loooong time to stop. Luckily the dosages for both were very minimal. Deca was 300mg and the tren was 75mg eod. The deca was a long time ago and then I had one inject of when on cycle to see if the bromo would help with deca.

The last time this happened was tren/test. After my second shot of tren I had symptoms. I hit the bromo, stopped the tren, symptoms went away. Stayed on bromo, added tren, no symptoms. But I hated bromo, had to ramp it up slowly, felt like shit on it, etc., etc. Plus it's expensive and I had to use an overseas pharmacy to get it. Also, I experimented with the dosage of the tren and went to 150mg eod and still no itchy nips while on bromo.

I had some leftover deca as well since the gyno symptoms hit me almost immediately. I took one shot to see if I would notice any symptoms, and nothing. Again, I was still on the bromo.

Soooo, I know that being on test didn't lower prolactin enough to stop any gyno problems with tren or deca. However, the bromo did. Since bromo is a pain in the ass in just about every way, I have shyed away from tren and deca.

And when it first happened on deca, I was taking eq at the same time at 400mg/week. I stopped the deca, tried Winstrol (winny) (because at that time, the Winstrol (winny) will stop progesterone gyno was rampant) at 50mg/day for a week, then 100mg/day for a week, neither one worked worth a shit and my nips were in serious pain.

I was also taking nolva at the time. That didn't help either.

After that cycle, I stuck to gear that aromatized and was able to control the gyno symptoms with anti e's like nolva, arimi, and letro. Btw, I only take anti-e's when I get gyno symptoms, and I always get gyno symptoms.

I have had itchy nips on 250mgtest/600mg/eq, which is one reason why I have never gone with high dosages on my cycles. I have never had any confidence in the anti-es until letro because I would still get a twinge or two now and then, regardless of dosage until I tried letro. Of course the problem with letro is inability to function sexually. Hello cialis and hello drug cascade...I'm taking tren, but that shuts me down pretty hard so I'll add test, but the tren also gives me gyno so I'll need to add bromo, but then the test can give me gyno as well so I'll add in letro, well that makes me limp, so I'll add cialis...

I know I am not typical, but it still happens. I am soooo susceptible to gyno it isn't even funny. I know what works and what doesn't. The fact that bromo stops the itch after a few days when taking tren/deca, and the fact that b6 is touted to be an alternative to bromo means I will try it.

Blood test or not, bromo stopped the gyno. And I hate doctors, so I'm not getting a blood test anytime soon. I now read that B6 can take the place of bromo...I'm going to try tren or deca and see what happens. I see this as no risk since I still have 2 packets of parlodel. But if the b6 works, then I can now do a cycle like everybody else.

Hell, I might try this in the next week or two. If the b6 helps me, do I think it will help everybody? No. But if it helps me, it will help somebody else with similar problems, and the fact that stonecold is using it with success gives me great hope.

Bottom line I know these things: other gear does not suppress prolactin to the point that it will not cause a problem if I am also taking deca or tren (I cannot comment on anadrol). I am HIGHLY susceptible to gyno both estrogenic and otherwise. I have found that letro is far superior to nolva and arimidex for ME when it comes to estrogen suppression. I have found that neither nolva nor Winstrol (winny) do diddly when it comes to helping with gyno from deca/tren. Suppressing estrogen doesn't help my gyno at all when taking deca or tren. Bromo helps gyno problems when it comes to deca/tren. I *hope* b6 does as well as bromo, because if it does, I am getting back on the tren bandwagon and telling everybody I can about B6. And with the study mentioned, it took something like 5 days. So if it works, it works pretty immediately, if it doesn't, it doesn't and I will continue looking. Dostinex is extremely expensive as well and imo not an option. If B6 doesn't work, I will stick to aromatizing gear, Winstrol (winny), and ox.

I guess that's why I think this is such great news and can't understand why everybody wants to dismiss this. Hell, the Winstrol (winny) blocks the PR got more love and there weren't ANY studies or mention of doctors using it like we have for B6. And back then Winstrol (winny) was freaking expensive. We are talking $3 wasted if it doesn't help you, not a buck a tab like with bromo or nolva, and a trip to the grocery store. No sweaty palms waiting for the mail to arrive either.

Back