Tman's Workout journal

mister69 said:
welcome back!

whats the diet look like at this 179lbs.

Still eating 6 times a day. protein, carbs and good fat.

I had to gain weight for the comp. I was down to 175 and was trying to get up to 181.

Last edited:
adidamps2 said:
bout time old timer!
how did it feel to compete? any thoughts of doing anymore?

we miss da loggin here...

oh and congrats on the trophy and 2 lift total...and your kids are pretty much right...you are.

I was nervous, but I felt pretty good.

I was exhausted when it was over.

tman55 said:
I was nervous, but I felt pretty good.

I was exhausted when it was over.

You, nervous...get the F* outta here.

Again, very nice lifts. 625...woooa

Aczech said:
You, nervous...get the F* outta here.

Again, very nice lifts. 625...woooa

you know how it is, i was confident I could win but the adrenaline was pumping for sure. I knew some of the guys competing and was pretty sure i was going heavier than they were.

I'd ask you all the dets of how a push/pull works but i'm sure i'll figure out someday soon. Problem is i'm 30lbs over you and lifting less :(

Aczech said:
I'd ask you all the dets of how a push/pull works but i'm sure i'll figure out someday soon. Problem is i'm 30lbs over you and lifting less :(

There was this guy there....you know, there seems to always be a guy like this at the gym....This guy had his headband, very short shorts, tight wife beater, tall socks, glasses, dirty looking hair, I think he totalled 480lbs. I kind of chuckled to myself, not because he was there lifting, but because he was so damn serious about it. Screaming and pacing and stuff, reminded me of Angery Muscles!

hey tman...its peanut...i wanted to ask yor opinion on whether or not you think goin real low reps such as triples on core lifts such as bench squat and deadlift will add more size or just more strength...because my squat went way up and so have my deads but i have not added any size and i have pretty much given up on bench because my shoulder sucks...haha. Let me know what you think and congrats on those lifts because they are rediculous at any weight let alone 179.

peanut said:
hey tman...its peanut...i wanted to ask yor opinion on whether or not you think goin real low reps such as triples on core lifts such as bench squat and deadlift will add more size or just more strength...because my squat went way up and so have my deads but i have not added any size and i have pretty much given up on bench because my shoulder sucks...haha. Let me know what you think and congrats on those lifts because they are rediculous at any weight let alone 179.

i don't know, but i think different people are going to respond differently, but for me personally, i think I get bigger faster on reps of 5-10. I get stronger faster from reps between 3-5. That said, an even bigger factor for me is diet.

tman55 said:
i don't know, but i think different people are going to respond differently, but for me personally, i think I get bigger faster on reps of 5-10. I get stronger faster from reps between 3-5. That said, an even bigger factor for me is diet.

def bro. diet is key. i think for all intensive purposes the best bigger and stronger rep range is around 5 or 6.

for me, 8 reps for size
6 reps for a little of both
2-3 for strength but very little size.

Hello there tman! I've not been posting too much here but still kept reading.

About the rep range thing, I think 4-6 works excellent for both strengh/size.

peanut said:

Use that new strength to move up in weights at higher rep ranges. And like tman said you've got to be eating appropriately to grow.

Hi

I still visit here from time to time.

Still working out and trying to stay strong while bodyweight is around 175-178.

You guys keep busting it.

i hear ya...i bought a house and got a dog....only time i spend on the internet is at work.

Back