To much protien?

hedmunkey

Is there such a thing as taking to much protein. For example, I eat 6 eggs and toast for breakfast, 2 breasts of chicken and rice for lunch which is normally 3 hours later. 2 glasses of whey protein unsually one with lunch and one with dinner which is a round house steak anywhere from 12-16oz with a baked potatoe a tall glass of creatine with a dbol.I also eat a jar of peanuts during the period of the day, Sams Club is the best. Is there a point where there is just to much protein. I have also put on 15lbs in this cycle.

Any extra calories (fat, carbs, and protein) that your body doesn't use will get stored as adipose tissue (fat). Can you eat too much protein .... YES. Can you eat too many carbs ..... YES. Can you eat too much fat...YES.

How many grams of protein are you eating in a day? How many carbs? fat?

Why are you eating so much protein?

I've never understood where so many people got this idea that protein is anabolic. As long as your nitrogen balance is shifted to the positive (which I think could be done simply eating 20g-30g protein every 3 hours), I don't see the point at all.

I thought muscle was mostly water and glycogen... was I mis-informed?

I have always eaten alot. My apetite has just sky rocketed for some reason. Anyways I have not gained any body fat, I dont know where it is going, maybe down the toilet I dont know.

I'm with needsize on this one. Protein is the building block of all matter in our bodies ( for the most part) Never enough.....never I say!!!!!!!!!

Protein is of first importance bro, and trully with your diet you really may not be eating enough depending on your size.

You know how you hear about nasty protein farts and shits? That's because these people are taking too much and aren't digesting it. Extra protein may be stored as energy, but most extra protein is pooped out.

needsize said:
I aim for a minimim of 300 grams of protein a day

Usually,

it is between 1.5 g and 2.0 g per kg of bodyweight, for athletes. But, for juicers, we may double that requierement due to the excessive muscle growth and development.

And the range may be slightly rised also for younger athletes whose muscles aren't fully grown.

If you exceed that, then it might be used as a fuel for your body immediatly if you're on a low carb diet, or it your carb level is high, the amino acids will be stored as fat.

I must agree with powerhouse9 1d/bol a day is waaaaay too little. You must add up to see how many grams of protein you are actually taking in. 1.5 - 2.5 grams per lb of body weight (depending on your doses of AS). It a pain in the ass taking in so much protein but it works. Everybody metabolises food at different rates so you will have to experiment to find what intake suits you best but it should not be less than 1.5 grams per lb. I dont like eating eggs, you need to eat way too many to get a decent dose of protein. I'd rather go for tuna or protein shake.

I myself aim for at least 300 grams...to much is not bad, your body will expel what it does not need...and by what you posted on what you eat, that you are getting like 200 grams of protien from the meals etc...dependent upon what amount of protein is in the drinks you take....if you weighed like 100 pounds i would say that that is fine...but, i doubt you weight 100 pounds...i would go with the 1.5 to 2.0 grams per pound you weigh at a minimum.

E

bassmanjp said:
Usually,

it is between 1.5 g and 2.0 g per kg of bodyweight, for athletes. But, for juicers, we may double that requierement due to the excessive muscle growth and development.

And the range may be slightly rised also for younger athletes whose muscles aren't fully grown.

If you exceed that, then it might be used as a fuel for your body immediatly if you're on a low carb diet, or it your carb level is high, the amino acids will be stored as fat.

1.5 and 2,0 g per kg or lbs?

If it ain't broke don't fix it. You've gained 15 lbs. so it appears things are going well.

Your diet looks ok to me, maybe you could use more complex carbs.

I have gone as high as 400-500 grams of protein at times, and I don't think it was ever "too much". I think the reason I didn't gain as much as I thought I would was that all that protein filled me up so much that I didn't get in enough low GI carbs for energy and insulin production.

I take 4 dbol a day it just happens thats I take my last bol with dinner. I weigh 235 right now and I am gaining almost a pound a day. I am becoming a monster and I love it.

Thats not that much protein at ALL from what I count. 2 chicken breasts (the size I eat) is 66g protein, not bad - 6 eggs isn't SHIT but alot of cholesteral and a minute amount of protein, about 30g.

Muscles need positive nitrogen balance to retain nutrients in the muscle, if you dont have protein frequently enough int he blood stream you will lose size and lose the ability to gain size, strength gains may however continue. Everyones genetics are different, but I can't gain shit anymore on 1g per pound, I need 1.5 or so at least. Even natural guys step into the 2+ category when bulking, so no protein is not some crock of shit.

What is not used, is converted to carbs and then fat - not expelled, you dont piss out protein.

Back