Virtual Posedown

Damn nice post Bro. I've got most of those guys I guess I'll put them up. So the Bro can see more of them.

JohnnyB

Easto do you not think that Haneys front double bi is not the best ever,he has huge lats small waist and narrow hips incredible...

And this :

Sergio Oliva (1972) vs Dexter Jackson (2002)

sergio-dexter.jpg

Sergio Oliva (1972) vs Ronnie Coleman (2001)
Here's an interesting comparison between Sergio and Ronnie. What impresses me most about Sergio is that his arms may still be the largest ever, Ronnie's are pretty much the biggest of today's pros and Sergio's are right there with them. His forearms actually look larger! Two great champs

ronnie-sergio.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that was very interesting.....

I would rather have Zane's physique than Ruhl's to answer that question (rhetorical I bet).

Man, Flex looked so perfect in that pic.

I agree with Carlos and the Beast, the focus today of mass above aesthetics has gone in the wrong direction. I go back to the early seventies myself and I think the sport of bodybuilding gave us some tremendously well built, muscular, defined, and well proportioned men. It wasn't all just about getting freaky big.

I sure wish the sport would head back more in that direction, but I'm really not sure what would be the driver on that. But give me some bodybuilders whose goals are having perfect bodies, not just huge ones, and I'd be a whole lot happier with the sport.

With all the supplements,
Nobody can compare to Sergio's Pec thickness.... I mean come on, take a few seconds to truly realise why the myth is "The Myth"!!! His chest cannot be rivalled!!!!!!!!!!!Now, or EVER!!!!!!!!

Great post man Thanks that was very interesting, I'll have to agree with everyone else about liking the older physique more than the new mass look.

i cant believe larry scotts arms looks so good compared to lee priest ?

i wouldent have thought his arms would stand out today as much

Wow that was a really cool post thanks man.

Looking at that makes me amazed that after all these years, all the progression in the sport etc. I still don't think that any modern BB'ers look better then arnold did.

And the was the first time I've seen Flex Wheeler....that dude is AMAZING.

In that picture of Sergio and Dexter, Sergio's pecs and forearms just blow Dexter's out of the water. You'd think that with all the advances in equipment and nutrition and supplements and roids, the older guys couldn't compare, yet they most certainly do.

Easto do you not think that Haneys front double bi is not the best ever,he has huge lats small waist and narrow hips incredible...

As much as I like Haney, I wouldn't give him that title because his abs always looked weird to me, thanks to his genetics.

Wow...found this post in the archives and had to bump it back up...this is one of the cooler threads I've seen. I also wish we could see a shift back towards aesthetics and away from sheer mass. Frank Zane had the ultimate body in my eyes. It was nice to see Jay Cutler take Olympia '06 because even though Ronnie's arms are amazing I can never see past his gut (especially when he hold his hands above his head).

Back