What is your max bench?

Well, back over spring break, I put up 365 1RM. For some reason (not overtraining, not diet, it HAS to be all in my head) I can only get like 325 now. THIS FREAKIN SUCKS.

Only bright spot I can think of is that I did 110lb dumbells for 3 sets of 8 last week on an incline. My previous best was 90's for that.

hoping to hit 405 on this cycle

some suprisingly modest and believable claims here, i was expecting the usual net bs from 180lbs guys claiming to rep with 405 (they'd get a video but they don't know anyone with a camera...)

pullinbig said:
the key to adding muscle mass is moving heavier weight. weight on the bar = muscle on the bones. that wanting to look strong rather than being strong dont hold water. you seen ronnie workout? case closed.

Like every gym I have evern been to, my current gym wont let me use chalk. However as soon as I bought some straps for rows and shrugs, I added 50 pounds to each movement and my lats and traps saw new growth.

So for me, big weights work. You wont see me squinting on 25 pound dumbell curls and thinking its a workout made for men.

DougoeFre5h said:
Case reopened...get jays video. I seen some gym rats that can move the same weight. He even explains why he doesnt lift heavy (am assuming he's reffering to ronnie the way he explains it).

405 inclines with 45 seconds of rest between sets is not that weak. Jay is also gifted. If you look at his pix when he was 15 years old, before ever picking up a weight he was lean and big, he worked in his parents cement business. When he was in high school before regular training, he benched 315.

Last edited:
hunter21 said:
Pullinbig, what would you recommend for someone whos chest wont grow, theyre nice and thick on the outside, (way outside, right along the delt.).

Welcome to "make your chest bigger because you got screwed genetically." :) Same issue here man, you can't make one side of a fiber grow more than another.

some suprisingly modest and believable claims here, i was expecting the usual net bs from 180lbs guys claiming to rep with 405
I weigh 245 and I do 255x4 and 285 for a max. Pretty pathetic huh?

145 lbs. 8 % bf max bench at 205 the other week. Previous best was 185 before that. Would like to be at 250 by summers end , at least my goal~!

Back