ACZECH's Main lifts log

AngryMuscles said:
don't forget the dreaded good mornings!

What exactly is a good morning? Is it where you rest the bar on your traps as if squating then commence to bend over is if picking up the deadlift?

awesome thanks...i actually incorporate those into my warm-up, bar only. Maybe i should make them a staple in the workout, or maybe do deadlifts one week and good mornings the next..?

Last edited:
Aczech said:
awesome thanks...i actually incorporate those into my warm-up, bar only. Maybe i should make them a stable in the workout, or maybe do deadlifts one week and good mornings the next..?
I would say keep doing deads everyweek and do the good mornings on your leg day maybe?

11/30: Shoulders
First time doing db press in a long time..started out slow
30#x10
40#x10
50#x10
60#x5
65#x5
70#x5
70#x5
75#x5

Upright barbell row
95#x10
105#x8

Incline bench lateral raise
2 sets of 10 reps using the bar

Tricep cable pushdown
full rack for 8 reps

The dumbbell shoulder press felt good..think it's going to be in the next workout for sure. Off to canada in the morning for work...12oz bicep curls.. :druggie:

Last edited:
Did LEGS today:
Squats:
135#x10
225#x5
235#x5
245#x4
255#x2

Good Mornings: (First time)
45#x10
65#x10
95#x10
135#x10

Leg Press
4 plates each side for 10 reps
5 plates each side for 8 reps

Seated Calf Raise
2 plates for 10 reps
3 plates for 10 reps (x 2)

pretty good actually. I got done squating and was a little sore in the lower back...but after the GM approach above, back felt great afterwards...and damn do those work the abs pretty good too!

Chest
Flat bench
135#x8
185#x5
225#x5
235#x5
245#x4
255#x1

Smith Incline press
185#x10
195#x9

Pullovers
55#x8 (2 sets)

Flat Flye
30#db x10 reps
40#db x10 reps

Tricep pushdown
full stack for 9 reps

AngryMuscles said:
255 is 1rm bro?

Well, since i'm a solo lifter (no spotter) I had that "feeling" after completing one and racked it. Once i racked it, i was thinking, "i probably could have hit that for 1-2 more" Better safe than sorry on the free weights and it keeps me from over-training..to a point.

well, i can...but it's like i'm picky...i want as little help as possible from a spotter...i just want them at that last second. Most people at my gym will be cool with spotting..but at the first sign of anything that resembles struggle, they reach over a yank the bar up...basically wasting my time. I would need a real understanding spotter and instead of looking like a dick, i figure i'll just do it myself...haha unless i'm really trying to break a record

tell the spotter exactly what you want him to do before beginning the lift. gotta train the spotter.

Yeh, i think you guys are right, i'm probably losing ground by not pushing that extra little bit...i'm trying to motivate my old lifting buddy...but he's since got fat and lazy

300 is the goal
btw..holding steady around 190lbs for bodyweight...kinda disappointed..was hoping to get up over 200lbs

Back