ACZECH's Main lifts log

Thanks, i was quite happy with the pull-ups...really hitting the lats hard as my bench fails at the bottom

Box is 2'' below parallel. My start off the box is still slower than i'd like but the bar is coming off my shoulders at the top.

Nice pull ups. I just hit a 16 rep PR myself on them the other week. Definately a back builder

ManOfMuscle said:
Nice job on the pull ups. I always see box squats for strength but not often for speed.

I'd like a little more "pop" off the box cause out of the hole is where i fail

skarhead1 said:
Nice pull ups. I just hit a 16 rep PR myself on them the other week. Definately a back builder

I never was any good at pull-ups...obviously why my bench fails at the bottom. I'm going to start working these with weights soon, need more lat strength. Nice work on your PR...pull-ups have moved up my list of prefered exercises as i'm not looking pathetic by only being able to 5 anymore. :rockband:

Aczech said:
I never was any good at pull-ups...obviously why my bench fails at the bottom. I'm going to start working these with weights soon, need more lat strength. Nice work on your PR...pull-ups have moved up my list of prefered exercises as i'm not looking pathetic by only being able to 5 anymore. :rockband:

hey, nothing's wrong with 5 :toilet:

yeh, 5 is better than 1..lol

11/1;
Flat benched 365# with a lot of power at the top, coming off the chest is my weak area. I think i lower the bar too slowly too.

Bent-over rows w/ 315# for 5reps.

Going to start doing floor presses for a few weeks.

Winter said:
Looking very strong, Aczech.

Thanks buddy, long time no hear from.

Pulled a 500 raw this weekend but couldn't get more...that PR with the bent-over rows put a little strain on my lower back and i just couldn't get a record setting pull....next time.

Some floor presses for speed last night with 185#...working the bottom.

Pressed 405# on the smith yesterday.

Felt quite strong and maintaining about 204lbs

Box squated 325# after a failed 365# attempt off 2" below parallel box.

11/16: Speed day with 225# on the flat bench. Forearms were very sore and tender before the workout and in pain afterwards...have to take a little time off to let these recover.

Been slacking on the gym, out of town a lot for work and crap. Did some sets of 275# on the flat bench...man, i felt like shit.

i'm calling it a short break over the holidays...been really busy with life. Will be back and heavy soon enough. Goal is to hit 220lbs by April, currently around 200. Will be using DC training. Still have to pick out my exercises...should start monday

tman55 said:
i thought you would be stronger by now

Ah, such a funny guy. I had a 555 pull sometime ago and a 405 smith press but haven't pushed it to the max yet again. Also, getting a house and dog has taken up alot of the time i used to have. I'll be getting back there and not try to keep the weight down this time...;)

Back