Estimate your BF based on these pics.

this doesnt help at all! everyone has different bone structures. there only 1 true way to find out is in water at a docters. when they float you they weigh you muscle sinks and fat floats they weigh you out of the water then in the water. thats all only way to find out bf%'s

The water method is by far the best way to calculate BF, this only to be used as a general guide & to give u an idea if you have a similar built like the pics.

& the water method although accurate is not the "only" way to find out bf, calipers are accurate as well, as long as the person testing u knows what they're doing.

The water method is by far the best way to calculate BF, this only to be used as a general guide & to give u an idea if you have a similar built like the pics.

& the water method although accurate is not the "only" way to find out bf, calipers are accurate as well, as long as the person testing u knows what they're doing.

i never really understood how calipers can even work? it just shows stomach fat right? what about legs chest arms everything?

i never really understood how calipers can even work? it just shows stomach fat right? what about legs chest arms everything?

I know underwater or hydrostatic weighing will give you the most accuracy but unfortunately it's expensive, inconvinient & hard to find, and not many people can do it.
Calipers or skinfold thickness measurement.
which uses from 3 to 9 different sites around the body gives u an accurate bf percentage and it's cost effective, accessible & convenient.

There's also a 4 site method, a 7 site method, and a 3 site method. I like to do the 9 site method.

Chest
Abdominal
Thigh
Bicep
Tricep
Subscapular
Suprailiac
Lower Back
Calf

Like I sad before, it really depends on the knowledge of the tester.

Last edited:
Not trying to be augmentative but Dexa X-Ray Absorbing scanning is a more accurate means of measuring body fat than hydrostatic weighting

I know underwater or hydrostatic weighing will give you the most accuracy but unfortunately it's expensive, inconvinient & hard to find, and not many people can do it.
Calipers or skinfold thickness measurement.
which uses from 3 to 9 different sites around the body gives u an accurate bf percentage and it's cost effective, accessible & convenient.

There's also a 4 site method, a 7 site method, and a 3 site method. I like to do the 9 site method.

Chest
Abdominal
Thigh
Bicep
Tricep
Subscapular
Suprailiac
Lower Back
Calf

Like I sad before, it really depends on the knowledge of the tester.

Your pretty trim and should not even worry about BF

I am not worried about it per-say... but it is nice to know an approx so I can maintain. Now that I am working 13 hours a day with my 2 jobs, I haven't been eating as well or running so I am seeing a little bit of a difference. Grr

Ive shed 27 pounds in 4 weeks by just changing my diet and my workouts. Mostly the diet though. a bag of pizza rolls wouldnt last 2 days in my fridge LOL. I am by using the pictures still a touch below 20%. I have a long ways to go but still big enough and strong enough to make the big girls feel petite LOL. Great post Mr. P

Kevin

I am not worried about it per-say... but it is nice to know an approx so I can maintain. Now that I am working 13 hours a day with my 2 jobs, I haven't been eating as well or running so I am seeing a little bit of a difference. Grr

Maintaining a low bf is mostly diet Sassy, make sure you tweak your diet if your activity level has decreased & stay away from junk food. :)

Last edited:
Just made a thread for a reading of my %, there was no need.

After looking at this chart id say I was about 18%, I thought I was about 20%, but I don't have as much fat on me as the 20% photo.

Thanks for the link.

I'm a 38 waist, and I know im not 20% but Im also not 14%.. i am probably the same as you 17-18%

I'm at about 22% or so right now -- been as high as 30% and as low as probably 15%. My goal is 10%. Starting with diet and workout ... catch my journal at steroidology.com/forum/my-online-journal/625546-ktom1980s-online-journal.html

Thanks for the article.

Back