Infection's First Cycle

Sorry, I must not have said it clearly. My bodyweight is up 70# since a few years ago. My lifts are up a little, but I do not do much with big weights. I pre-exhaust my muscles on several warm up and medium-weight sets, then 2-3 working sets with lighter weight. It prevents injury, and gives one hell of a pump.

Can you give an example for instance of your chest day.

Okay, so here is some information about my workouts:

I will give an example of chest day. I always warm up my shoulders a little with light side raises, rotator work, and some other shit. I typically start with incline dumbbells because I am currently working on my upper chest more than my lower chest. So, I do some lighter sets on a 30ish degree incline bench, then move to working sets.

Example: 30 x 20, 30 x 20, 45 x 20, 45 x 15, 65 x 15, 80 x 12, 100 x 9, 90 x max effort.

By doing several warm up sets and mid weight sets, I not only warm up my muscles, but I am pre-exhausting them. This is much safer because I am not moving as much weight, which is hard on the joints and connective tissue, but I also get a much better pump when doing several sets split up as shown above.

I then move to cable flys. I start off with one lighter set, 60 x 20, then move up to 80 x 15, 80 x 15, and finish with working sets at 110 x 12-14, 110 x max effort + 60 x max effort. I like drop sets, because it gets me very pumped, I feel some serious burn, and it seems to work really well for me. I do a few sets less on cable flys than incline dumbbells because I am already warmed up, and also because I want to still feel pretty good for the rest of my workout.

On to decline bench. I mix it up with different angles, but I focus on hitting the bar in line with my nipples. I blast through a warm up set of 135 x 20 just to make sure I am using proper form, and feeling fluid with the movement. Up to 225 x 15, 225 x 15, and finish with 265 x 10, 265 x max effort + 135 x max effort.

That is usually all I do for chest. I have been mixing in some random stuff to see how I like different movements, mainly to hit the upper chest, so I might be changing my routine up a bit in the near future.

I really like this pre-exhaustion concept for back and leg days. I had spinal surgery last year, so I am very careful with the stress I put on my spine, so pre-exhausting my muscles is ideal so that I am not moving as much weight for my working sets, and I stay in my personal safe zone. Tomorrow for squats, I will do 135 x 15, 135 x 15, 135 x 15, 185 x 15, 185 x 15, all before my working sets. My legs are growing like weeds.

Anyways, I hope this helps some people if they are looking to change up their training. The principles are based off of some workout programs I have read about from ifbb pros, such as kai green, who is a big advocate for pre-exhaustion.

If anyone has any questions about it, feel free to ask.

NVM I see the example now

What is your diet looking like?

I think my diet is a page or 2 back, but if not, I am consuming as much food as possible, essentially. Some days I have 8 meals, and others, up to 10. That includes my shakes, and stuff.

I haven't really spent too much time calculating calories, and grams of macros, because I prefer some more general indicators. I look at if I am gaining weight, and if so, am I gaining fat, muscle, or weight from water? Also, I eat according to how I feel, and what my workouts look like. Because leg day requires a massive muscle group, I consume more calories before and during leg day. If I feel a bit lethargic, I will increase my fats.

This is what works well for me, but may not work for others. I am constantly making small adjustments to my workout routine based on symmetry and proportion, adjustments to my diet if I feel there is room for improvement, and always trying to get my personal affairs in order so that I can be stress free and increase my sleep, because I find it difficult to get proper sleep at times.

I am just getting over the flu, so I tomorrow I will finally get back to the gym. I HATE not going to the gym, because I enjoy the stress relief, but also just being there and lifting. I know I lost a bit of weight, but I am loading up hardcore on meals right now as well as water now that I can get food down.

ey man good shit with the updates, idk how your doing it with this, plus gym, plus work, plus pre med.

Dude, life is crazy. I am trying to balance school, lifting, cooking, and personal life(currently non-existant). I am a TA for 3 classes this semester, which was a big mistake. I definitely bit off more than I can chew, but it will be over beginning of May, so I can deal with it.

How have you been? School and everything going well? Hit me up.

Dude, life is crazy. I am trying to balance school, lifting, cooking, and personal life(currently non-existant). I am a TA for 3 classes this semester, which was a big mistake. I definitely bit off more than I can chew, but it will be over beginning of May, so I can deal with it.

How have you been? School and everything going well? Hit me up.

WTF is the point of cycling when you have no time for a personal life?

WTF is the point of cycling when you have no time for a personal life?

Well, I was in a long relationship, and I am enjoying not being in one actually, but I am more dedicated to my bodybuilding and academic career than I am to hooking up with chicks, drinking, partying, and wasting time.

My priorities are different than others. I cycle/body build for myself, and because I want to be the best I can be when I step on that stage in October.

ahhhh, didnt know you were going to compete.
Still, no man is an island...i.e. drop one thing and go bang some skanks ;)

I am only competing if I hit my weight goal during bulking, which I am highly confident about.

You know, I hooked up with someone like 2 months ago, but I have no desire actually. I am literally focused 100% on my training, diet, and resting (and school).

I myself...I finished college with a ...very numbers relevant degree and a minor...I make $ to live my life.
I am blessed to eat McDonalds and still have abs at 30+
I have now chosen Gear...to become a 30 something DemiGod...4-8 weeks I'll weigh 225 at 6'2"...next cycle...Tren A and Test P.
I may just run an annual mantanence cycle of 8 weeks prop n tren A for summer...lol

I myself...I finished college with a ...very numbers relevant degree and a minor...I make $ to live my life.
I am blessed to eat McDonalds and still have abs at 30+
I have now chosen Gear...to become a 30 something DemiGod...4-8 weeks I'll weigh 225 at 6'2"...next cycle...Tren A and Test P.
I may just run an annual mantanence cycle of 8 weeks prop n tren A for summer...lol

I have no idea what you are talking about..?

Just saying, I decided to run gear to do the opposite of what ur doing is all...
and ur not small!!
didn't you just weigh in at almost 220?

Just saying, I decided to run gear to do the opposite of what ur doing is all...
and ur not small!!
didn't you just weigh in at almost 220?

Ohh sorry I was a bit confused, but reread it. Gear is a wonderful thing. Monday will be the start of week 10 for me of my cycle, and I am feeling pretty damn excellent (minus getting the flu). Dude, abs are a chick magnet, so as long as you got those, they come running! If you get jacked, they will come running even faster (one would hope).

Yeah, #223 was the highest thus far before I caught the flu, and I am at 5'10" and 11% bf or so. It's hard to gauge while bloated. It was cool to look super hard while not bloated this week during my worst sick/dehydrated day. But, I have been pounding down food and liquids again, and should be feeling super good in a few days at most. I did a light workout tonight on chest and felt pretty damn weak, but it was nice to pump some iron.

I'd post full body pics. But I have tats from the most bad ass military branch ;) to identify me, and they he original also unfortunately documented...
So, my BF must be judged by my arm pic.

I'd post full body pics. But I have tats from the most bad ass military branch ;) to identify me, and they he original also unfortunately documented...
So, my BF must be judged by my arm pic.

No worries, bro. I wish I could have served, but passed up the opportunity unfortunately. I respect those that have served.

Back