is there a docter in the house

DADAWG

Community Veteran
or at least an expert , if your doc puts you on replacement therapy , i assume that they run test ocassionally to check your blood test levels my question is if you are taking dbol or eq or whatever else except test will these other chemicals effect your blood test , any and all input is appreciated

All doctors treating persons for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) are not running sophisticated blood tests. The men present and are treated for andropause supposedly and they adjust dosages of Andriol based on mental and emotional changes and not blood work. A short anwer.

Brett_Weir said:
All doctors treating persons for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) are not running sophisticated blood tests. The men present and are treated for andropause supposedly and they adjust dosages of Andriol based on mental and emotional changes and not blood work. A short anwer.

Sorry bro.....that is way off base !!

First off, there is NO WAY a doctor is going to adjust dosage based solely on mental & emotional changes. If that was the case, I would complain about the original symptoms until my dose was adjusted to what, say 500 mg/wk., I don't think so !

Secondly, Andriol does shit, IMO it is very old school. There are now creams, patches and of course injections.

Thirdly and back to the original question, I am on life time Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), my doctor runs tests annually to check things, including a CBC, liver and prostate functions to name a few.

Fourthly, there are actual doctors who are members here and are very well versed in Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), so maybe we should wait for them to answer this.

Sorry, but misinformation as you stated is what can get fellow bros in trouble.

StoneColdNTO said:
Sorry bro.....that is way off base !!

First off, there is NO WAY a doctor is going to adjust dosage based solely on mental & emotional changes. If that was the case, I would complain about the original symptoms until my dose was adjusted to what, say 500 mg/wk., I don't think so !

Secondly, Andriol does shit, IMO it is very old school. There are now creams, patches and of course injections.

Thirdly and back to the original question, I am on life time Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), my doctor runs tests annually to check things, including a CBC, liver and prostate functions to name a few.

Fourthly, there are actual doctors who are members here and are very well versed in Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), so maybe we should wait for them to answer this.

Sorry, but misinformation as you stated is what can get fellow bros in trouble.
thanks for jumping in bro if you dont mind me asking what kind of dose do they put you on and did you go with the patch , cream , or inj

I am talking about doctors that treat men that are in their sixties and beyond. They do it with a small dose of Andriol or Testosterone cream which you put on your scrotum and this is commonly done now for elderly men that they claim are experiencing Andropause. I have read medical studies on this. Now they are not giving them 1 gram per week injections mind you.........

Last edited:
DADAWG said:
thanks for jumping in bro if you dont mind me asking what kind of dose do they put you on and did you go with the patch , cream , or inj

He first put me on Andriol, that lasted for about a month, then I got him to put me on injections @ 200 mg/Cyp every second week, which I have since changed to 100 mg every week, keeps blood levels way more stable that every 2 weeks.

Those are very simplistic tests that any doctor gives with an annual physical. The dosages i am referring to have never hurt anybody.....This are not bodybuilding dosages nor are they for that purpose. Those tests you mentioned do not reveal the subtilties of hormone imbalances such as Cortisol or Thyroid. These require sophisticated blood tests and at times must be sent off to special labs such as one in Virginia..........

Brett_Weir said:
I am talking about doctors that treat men that are in their sixties and beyond. They do it with a small dose of Andriol or Testosterone cream which you put on your scrotum and this is commonly done now for elderly men that they claim are experiencing Andropause. I have read medical studies on this. Now they are not giving them 1 gram per week injections mind you.........

Brett, sorry to jump all over you like that.........but, I don't think that DADAWG said he was in his sixties and you did not qualify your answer in the first place either.

Let's just say that no one else, including myself replied to this thread after you did, DADAWG could have easily come away with the wrong information, potentially exposing himself to unforeseen problems. Not a very good thing !!

StoneColdNTO said:
He first put me on Andriol, that lasted for about a month, then I got him to put me on injections @ 200 mg/Cyp every second week, which I have since changed to 100 mg every week, keeps blood levels way more stable that every 2 weeks.
I was put on 200mg e2w also. For me I was put om cyp from the start.

On the insert it says it can go from 50 to 400mg every 2 to 4 weeks. I have to go back to the doc in 2 weeks, for a blood test. You'll be tested before your ready to do your next injection. They want you to be in the middle of the normal range for men.

JohnnyB

Sorry let me say more about what i am getting at. Doctors now treat people for disorders that they seldom if ever did before. I may be talking about an entirely different matter. Even Psychiatrists are now using small doses of Andriol or the Testosterone Cream along with anti-depressants to treat mood disorders. Disorders such as lack of sex drive etc....The tests required to monitor these to the t would be very expensive and beyond the means of some and especially the elderly. Though these dosages are well below anything that could help in bodybuilding. My only point is Testosterone is used now with greater versatility thats all and in realty you should never use any medication without your doctors supervision. At least that is what the doctors say.

Back to the original question??? I don't know exactly what tests they have......to test for aas's.............However, the right test could pick up Eq. or D-bol as well as testosterone..........Normally, they do not employ these tests so i guess it depends on the circumstances. I recently had a cbc and was using Testosterone and Deca,now, they may have not told me but they had no idea that i was using these based on what they told me. I hope that helps.........

Just one last word.........StoneColdNTO, is exactly correct............You cannot ever be too careful and everything you read on the net has to be examined and checked against the best science we have.........peroid..........Remember these are discussions forums so evervody is not always right and you shouldn't be, that is how you learn through scholarly dialogue.........................

I went and read the medical section of the online catalogue from a well known university school of medicine..........There is a big section about the internet for medical school students.......or anybody......This has nothing to do at all with gear but any topic of discussion.........The section sends out a warning to all doctors in training...........It says do not ever take anything on the internet as fact........until it is proven to be a fact............................................this was to doctors so i am sure it aplys to us.........take it for what it is worth????? :cool: :cool: :cool: :D

I'm not quite sure what the point of this thread is at this juncture, but here goes.
HRT these days is usually done with EW or EOW injections, with the Androderm patch, or Androgel. All testosterone, plain and simple. I know no one using Andriol, but I know that some do. I can also have a compounding pharmacy make up anything I need, testosterone gels or creams in any strength, for men and women, even for scrotal/penile application, including DHT's. There was an older patch to be applied to the scrotum, required shaving, not to popular, seldom used today.
Levels are checked, but not too often, especially after the patient is stabilized. You can't follow too closely, and change dose too often, or you're pissing into the wind (ie, things fluctuate a little naturally, and lab tests are dependent on a lot of things). Other things are important: the patient's mood, BP, libido, etc.
What do we check? It depends. At the outset, we get more, obviously (see some of Swale's posts). CBC, lipids, liver, test, total and free, E2, I like to get SHBG, thyroid, etc. Later, follow test, maybe E2 if indicated.
Test for boldenone, methandrostenolone, etc, would be very specific and expensive, this is forensic medicine. However, I do believe, for example, that Dbol will run up you test briefly, correct me if I'm wrong. But as for as routine stuff, elevated test (and with cycling is not unusual for levels to be in the several thousands) is the big tip off. I knew a doc who was addicted (others plus test); his admission total test level was 25,000!! That's right, kids, twenty-five thousand! He was also doing enough prednisone and decadron to get a handy case of Cushing's syndrome. He's healthy and in recovery now, a happy ending. Anyway, I digress. Unless someone's looking for the other stuff specifically, it's not gonna show up. Comments? (there better be some, I've got wrist pains now! ;-)

Actually, Brett Weir is correct with how some doctors treat their patients for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT).

SWALE is one such doctor. He'll tell you he doesn't treat NUMBERS, but treats your CONDITION BY HOW YOU FEEL.

I'm sure most docs, however, do treat the numbers.

Sorry about the wrist buffdoc, but I don't have any reply for ya.lol except to say damn.... 25,000 was his T.T.? thats pretty damn high man.

rj420, that is what i was trying to say.........Some doctors do this type of treatment but it sure does not make it right..........I think StoneCold would agree if you are going to be using significant amounts then your doctors should be monitoring you carefully......If you are under your doctors care...............I am not telling Anybody to use Testosterone without proper suprevision and monitoring.......

The doctors i talked about are using such small amounts it would not be harmful......They would not help a bodybuilder either...........

in SWALE's case... he does monitor all the other important stuff, including the Test levels. I'm sure he wouldn't allow them to get too high.lol

Back