whats the best foods to bulk up, and put on size??

Most of the problems I see with people not being able to gain quality muscle is their diet. Most grocery stores now carry more crap than food-the snack aisles take up more space than the vegetable aisles--most of the vegetables are horrible waxy things grown in California that have very little nutritional value--most people do not cook they heat food up--big difference. If you want to fix your nutrition problems I recommend a few changes:

1. Grow a garden--get some real vegetables that have some taste
2. Learn to cook--do not buy pre-prepared salty crap that simply needs to be heated up--cooking a chicken is healthier than buying chicken nuggets.
3. Sit down at the table--eating should be a joy not simply something you do to survive.
4.Make a bunch of meals ahead of time-freeze them and reheat them when you do not have a lot of time to cook
5. Cooking requires planning--you can't decide you want roast beef and then be able to have it--you have to plan what you are going to eat a day ahead of time--frozen meat needs to be thawed.
6. Eat more often and stop eating fast food, and salty snacks--they are literally poison.
7.Have a good breakfast--get up a half hour earlier if this seems to daunting
8. There is no such thing as a cheat meal if you are eating good food--there is no reason to ever eat fast food--except for laziness and lack of good taste.
9. Less salt, more spices instead
10. Butter is better than margarine, cream is better than coffee-mate, honey is better than white sugar, fresh vegetables are better than frozen, which is still superior to canned---the rule the more processed your food is the crappier it is.

Now this should all be obvious, but I hear of people eating raw egg whites, substituting protein powder for meals, pigging out on fast food--No wonder so many Americans look like doughballs. Food is culture and not enjoying food is missing out on a huge part of life's best features.

ranger1082 said:
If you read it again it says that those are some of my favorites.I eat tons of other stuff too but thats just a list of the stuff i like the most

Very good nutrients! I hate to disagree, but I got this from my dad:
fast foods is not necissary(sp?). Just EAT, EAT And EAT! I'd rather take a gainer than fastfood. It used to taste good, but not anymore =/

<edit>Deleted wich 'fast foods' I ate, to uncertain about translation.

Last edited:
Im a hardgainer and everyone tells me to eat eat eat and eat some more well im doin that with others that im workin out with and taking my Aemino 's and Whey shakes and barely seein any gains, the only place that this food and protein is going to is my fucking chin and gut, WTF !

The diet listed here - 5,000 cal. is that for a typical person 5,10 @ 180lbs or for someone that weighs 250lbs? Dosen't the food go to waste as it is not asimilated (abosorbed) in our bodies?

I also read here that you need to eat 5 -6 smaller meals as oppossed to 3 large ones. Now, can anyone tell me what normal person eats 5,000 calories in 3 servings?? And if you divide that by 5 meals that is 1,000 cal per meal... that is not a small meal, is it??

I mean if it were Mc Donalds, yeah, (due to all the fat) but if you are eating good food with low fat, you have to consume twice as much chicken and rice/beans to make it equivalent to 1,000 cal!

Anyway, every time I eat, Im always bloated. it never goes down. So basically I am forcing my self to eat every 3 hours... is this what I am supposed to do?

Any thoughts?

aimres said:
JMHFL7 what are you eating for each meal?

1. 1/2 of MRP w/ milk (around 400 cals) + (sometimes mixed w/ peanut butter)
2. Chicken* 7-8oz / Rice (sometimes beans) / salad (or sweet potato)
3. Same
4. Same
5. 1 bowl of oatmeal w/ milk / 3-4 whole eggs
6 . (sometimes yogurt w/ scoop of MRP)

*Sometimes I replace with Turkey, Steak or Fish.

SeasonsToCycles said:
Im a hardgainer and everyone tells me to eat eat eat and eat some more well im doin that with others that im workin out with and taking my Aemino 's and Whey shakes and barely seein any gains, the only place that this food and protein is going to is my fucking chin and gut, WTF !

Stay true to form on all your exercises. The importance of good form is hardly never talked about but is so crucial. I noticed a world of diference when I lowered the weight a little but got real strict with my form. Also your intensity has gotta be up there. I love watching the guys everyday on their cell phones in the gym talking about who their gonna bang they come to the gym for a social outlet, fuck that. Dorian Yates preached it best. When you go to the gym your mind has got to be in the gym. Listen to your favorite tunes dont talk to anyone stay focused and get in there and tear it up. Also you might be overtraining. If you want pm me your routine an I could ask my trainer what he thinks.

Good form in the gym, intensity are very important--that along with a good diet is where you get results.

you know i'm sick of calculating calories, what i do is i eat until i am full and then after an hour have me a weight gainer shake, and that's it , end of story.

huskyguy said:
Whole milk, and heavy basic lifts for bulking. A gallon of whole milk a day is less than $3. Drink a gallon a day, it works and you will bulk up. I was always fairly skinny or at least I thought so, until I added a gallon a day to my diet, In less than a year I made a serious transformation.

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!!! This made the difference for me!! I was having a very hard time taking in enough calories each day. In addition to my weight training, I mountain bike roughly 20 hours each week. If you're an ectomorph like myself, that much cardio makes it very hard to gain weight. Then one day I realized a gallon of Vitamin D Whole milk is 2,400 calories!! So I decided to add a gallon of whole milk to my diet each day, and BAM!!! My weight started going up again. It's about $100 a month. This has been my "secret" for about a year now.

Gain waight = Berger King (Big Mack ) and dont ever run when you can walk. and dont stand when you can sit. and Cardio! forget it! Thats for fat peopel. That was advice given to me when i asked someone how to put on waight.

Day of fasting sometime during the week also...

Meal #1 - 2 bread/w butter. 1 cup oatmeal, 8 oz. of milk...whole or 2%
Meal#2 - 5 whole eggs, 3-5 tbsp of p/b 6-8 oz. of milk, 2 scoops ice cream, 1 banana...(shake)
Meal # 3 - 4-8oz. pork chop/chicken, mashed potatoes, 8 oz whole or 2% milk
Meal # 4 - Anything I can get a hold of...usually high in calories, i.e., fast food, or store bought pizza my favorite with 8 oz. milk or more, sometimes 16oz.. depends on how thirsty I am!!
Meal # 5 - Similar to # 2
Meal # 6 - Will be incorporated, need my weight gain and whey, is on order! So I'm sure the majority of that will change drastically within the next week or 2...

And then of course I eat my snack in between those i.e. salads, nuts, tuna, and etc.
My new meal regimen..along with a 3*-day split routine as follows:

Mon - Chest/back [16 sets total, 8/8]
Tues - off
Wed - Bi's/Tri's [16 sets total, 8/8]
Thurs - off
Fri - Shoulders/legs [20 sets total, 8/12]
Sat - off
Sun - off
REPEAT^

My new routine starting this week...anyone care to critique the diet or workout, please do..as I don't feel that confident with it...but we will see. I'm a hard gainer, very ectomorph...current stats, 5'7", 140lbs... around 10% body fat...

Last edited:
i usually spend about $80 a week on my essential foods! 4800 cals.... bro you wnat to get big you have to eat big!! about every 2-3 hours you need to be pounding in the growth! body building is IMO 70% eating, 20%training, and 10% sleeping! just what i think!

Back