ACZECH's Main lifts log

luquillo78 said:
those were heavy pulldowns ac! do you do pullups?

Yeh, since i started doing these a few months ago...my back as had the most progress, i love this machine. Problem with pull-ups...the only place in my gym is the spot right inbetween the double cable machine...the one you can do cable flyes on. And of course, there is always some jackass doing something in there. I want to get back into doing wide-grip pull-ups, just haven't had the chance yet. I doubt i can get 18 like you my friend...maybe, but i doubt it

Aczech said:
Problem with pull-ups...the only place in my gym is the spot right inbetween the double cable machine...the one you can do cable flyes on. And of course, there is always some jackass doing something in there.
Yup, it's pretty much the same at my gym also. I hate the pull-up "handles" between the cable machine anyway, it's angled weird. We have another straight pull-up bar with absolutely no grip, which makes it extremely hard to bang out pull-ups.

Soul Rebel said:
Yup, it's pretty much the same at my gym also. I hate the pull-up "handles" between the cable machine anyway, it's angled weird. We have another straight pull-up bar with absolutely no grip, which makes it extremely hard to bang out pull-ups.

I hear ya bro, i used to love pull-ups but my gym is not "pull-up user friendly"

Aczech said:
7/18:

Gym was packed...no chance to use free weights
HS Lat Pulldown
90#x10
180#x10
270#x8
360#x7
410#x3 -used lifting straps
410#x3 -straps again

Cable row
195#x8 (2 sets) strictest form

Up-right Smith row
135#x8
185#x3
185#x4
185#x5

Abs and done.

Tired too.
HS= hammer strength?
if so is that total wt on the lat machine
or per side?
either way its freaking heavy wts bro!
nice work.

hammer strength..total weight

that 410 is 4-45 and a 25 on each side

i really wanted to start with bent over bb rows..but the two squat rack areas were occupied the entire time i was at the gym.

Aczech said:
7/16:

Squats (wasn't going to do these but it was all that was avail)
135#x7
225#x7
315#x3
365#xfailed - first squat failure. I dropped to parallel, held it for a few seconds but just couldn't push it back up. I was able to safely dump it forward onto the squat rack. Never has a fan of squat spotters...just a little akward with a dude standing penis to ass right behind you.

Leg Press
14 plates x8 reps
16 plates x6 reps
18 plates x3 reps - damn heavy

Leg Extension
Full stack for 10 reps
Half stack for slow and controlled and held at top reps x10

Calves and abs

Gonna go puke now, check ya bro's later

You've really gotta have a single spotter that knows what he's doing to spot a bro on a heavy squat set. If I were spotting you, it might be borderline ghey, but I gurandamntee you I could support you by the chest and bring you up wihtout mkaing you like like and idiot and having to rack it like that. Not that you looked like an idiot, just couldn't think of a better word :) nice work for having the nads to throw up soem weight. :afro:

lolz...thanks buddy. Next time i'm just gonna work on the 315 for reps and we'll see where we end up on the next squat day.

7/21:
Flat BB Bench Press
135#x9
225#x5
275#x7
315#x3
365#x0 - Just being under the weight helps sometimes i guess...lolz

Incline DB Press
100's x8
110's x3
100's x5

DB Preacher Curl
40's x10
50's x7

Incline DB Flye
70's x8
70's x5

Standing DB Curl
40's x8

Concentration curls
35's x4...i'm really tired now
35's x4

Standing Curls
35's x5

ABs and I'm out. Not the best day but it was a morning workout too (which i'm never good at)

BP from the other night...was walking before getting it taken so may be a touch high cause of that.

141/83

Not so great...was like 1-teens over 70's. Anyone think I should be worried about this?

yup. walking or doing anything before u take BP does fuck it up.

rest for 10 minutes then take or better yet, when u woke up first thing in the morning.

7/23:
Squat
135#x8
225#x6
315#x5 -PR
335#x2

DB Shoulder Press
75's x10
85's x5
85's x7

Hack Squat
4 plates for 10 reps
5 plates for 10 reps
6 plates for 5 reps

HS Shoulder Press
4 plates for 10 reps
6 plates for 6 reps
6 plates for 4 reps

Leg extension
Full stack for 10 reps
Full stack for 9 reps

Front DB Shoulder Raise
50's x6
50's x5

Feeling tired

7/24:
Deadlift
135#x5
225#x5
315#x5
405#x4
495#x2 -PR...could have had a third but strap was slipping

HS Lat Pulldown
270# x10
360#x6
360#x5

Cable Row...slow and strict with squeeze at end of pull
205#x8
225#x6

Abs, shrugs.

Very strong as usual bro. Just wondering, on the deads, do you do a dead reset at the bottom, or touch and go? And how low do you go on your squats? I'm just trying to see how some of your guys are training. Personally, doing deads with a dead reset at the bottom kicks my ass, but I'm trying different methods, grips, etc. Congrats on the PR too!

My gym bitches if the weight makes too much ground off the floor...so i'm lowering slowly and practically pausing at the bottom with the quick reset in body posture as my hands are strapped to the bar.

As for squats, my wamr-ups are as deep as I can go and my final sets are to make the tops of my thighs parallel to the floor.

i started using 2 workouts ago some shit called cm2 or something. Has argnine malate, b-alaline, cee...it that order for most to least. i'd say i'm getting about 4g beta alaline and 2g cee...seems good so far. Upped my squat by two reps

Back