ACZECH's Main lifts log

A

Aztech

Well...I need a log for whatever reason...I'll keep it to the highlights only.

Started lifting Sept 18, 2006...about 6 weeks ago from now.

First Week bests: (Weighed 175lbs)
Flat benched 135#x6 reps
Incline benched 135#x4 reps
Deadlifted 225#5 reps
Squated 155#x6 reps
max 3 pull-ups
Clean & Jerked 95#x2 reps

Now, this was my first week after over a year off with 4 years on-off lifting before.

To date, my new bests are: (Weigh 192 lbs)
Flat benched 245#x3 reps
Incline benched 195#x3 reps
Deadlifted 365#3 reps
Squated 225#x3 reps
max 9 pull-ups
Clean & Jerked 175#x3 reps

Now that've I put all this down...i'm pretty stoked about my progress...obviously it's simply a matter of "greasing the groove" and i'm sure the creatine, multi-vitamins, 1g of protien per pound bodyweight, and pre-workout sport drink are currently doing the trick. Obviously I have more exercises then listed above...but since I'm going for power, strength and size...the big compound exercises are the main focus.

My all-time bests were bench 300x3, deadlift 445x2, and squat 315x1. I'd like to get back to these numbers before I ever think about adding the gear. And yes, my legs suck and I work them with more intesity and focus now, leg pressed 5 plates on each side yesterday for 5 reps after 6 sets of 3-4plates.

In conclusion, I just want to start a log for to keep track of my progress because I can't stop to wirte shit down while I'm working out, hands shaking and heavy breathing and shit and i never look back at the dirty papers anyways. This is clean, cut, and to the point.

Current goal is to be up to 200lbs body weight by end of November with gains in all the main lifts.

pullinbig said:
post your log entirely from ea. work out

Demanding...

Here's yesterday's and I'll try to keep up with this:

10 minute warm-up on the eliptical trainer with light stretch

Squat (thighs a little passed parallel to deck)
135#x10
155#x10
185#x6
225#x3

Hack Squat
2 plates on each side for 3 sets of 6-8reps
3 plates on each side for 3 reps

Seated Calf Raise
1 plate for 15 reps
2 plates for 15 reps
3 plates for 10 reps x2
4 plates for 4 reps

Leg Press
3 plates each side for 10 reps x2
4 plates each side for 8 reps x3
5 plates each side for 5.5 reps (used hands on knees to assist for the last rep)

Stretched lightly in-between each set as I usually do. Finished with some Torso twists for the core.

So, last workout was Wednesday...went on vacation to DC and have to move apartments tonight..next workout will be tomorrow. Last workout was chest as below:

Warm-up
Incline Bench
135#x10
155#x10
185#x7
205#x4
225#x2

Flat Bench
135#x10
185#x8
205#x6
225#x3 - rushed the last set

Pullovers
45#x12
55#x8

Incline Hammer Strengh Bench
1 plate each side for 15 reps
2 plates each side for 10 reps
2.5 plates each side for 7 reps (x3)[.5=25pounder]
3 plates each side for 4 reps

Flat Hammer Strength Bench
1 plate each side for 12 reps (3x)

Was a little rushed for time..did all this in about 45 minutes...usually takes me about 20 minutes longer.

Tuesday will be brutal..hope these "days of rest" will do my back workout wonders...stay tuned.

Why so much pressing movements? I think the incline/flat barbell would be enough. When do you work triceps?

Winter said:
Why so much pressing movements? I think the incline/flat barbell would be enough. When do you work triceps?

I'll do chest one day, back the next, then shoulders with arms. As far as the arms part...at most, 2 exercises for the tri's and 2 exercises for the bi's.

As for the volume...I get in there and can't stop. I'm pretty in tune with my body...If i'm deadlifting and not feeling it..i'll stick with a few sets of 8 at 225#...but if i'm all pumped up...i'll add fifty pounds and go for eight...the add fifty more pounds and go for more and so on. I like to leave feeling worn out in a good way..everytime, no matter what. And hey, as long as it isn't hurting my next workout, it's no problem.

Last edited:
Oh, okay. I just think you're doing a bit too much pressing movement. If you look at the first page of my log, I did a lot of pressing movements as well and it never really worked out for me.

From my experience, cutting chest day down to only 2 pressing movements and 5total chest worksets, worked best for me.

Just my 2cents.

Good work, btw.

Winter said:
Oh, okay. I just think you're doing a bit too much pressing movement. If you look at the first page of my log, I did a lot of pressing movements as well and it never really worked out for me.

From my experience, cutting chest day down to only 2 pressing movements and 5total chest worksets, worked best for me.

Just my 2cents.

Good work, btw.

I appreciate the comments and it's definately worth thinking about. Thing is, i don't have a dedicated spotter just yet...so going to the max on my benching only happens for a set or two. If i could go all out on every set, I'd definately be doing less sets. Also..i'm really focusing on my upper chest and legs at the current time

Tuesday, Nov 7th Back workout:
Pressed for time so warmed-up with a few sets of lift deadlifts.
Deadlift
135#x10
225#x8
315#x6
365#x2 - knees shaking, lack of nutritional calories today
385#x1
395# -failed

Lat pulldown "xplode machine"
2 plates on each side for 12 reps
3 plates on each side for 6 reps
then added 5 pounds to each side for set of 5-6 (5x)

Seated Row
120#x8
135#x8
150#x6
165#x5
180#x3

Finished with some light concentration bent-over rows.

Overall...didn't eat before hand..felt very "lack of go-juice" but grinded it out for a decent workout.

AngryMuscles said:
my knees shake too when doing deads...sometimes...makes me wonder what's the deal with that. nice numbers bro

Thanks...usually i'm rock solid but this time i felt like the knees were just gonna give out...scared me a little. Grip and back felt good..just had that no energy feeling going. I'll hit 405 next week..that's the goal.

Thursday: Shoulders / arms

Had a work meeting run real late...until 1030 dinner deal...so, getting to the gym and workout was quick paced. not my ideal conditions...but not extremely bad.

Very quick warm-up
Clean and Jerk
135#x8
155#x6
185#x2

Standing Side lateral raise
25's#x8
30's#x8
35's#x7

Sitting Front lateral raise
30's#x8
35's#x7
40's#x6

Up-right rows
95#x8
115#5
115#x5

Smith Military Press
135#x15
145#x8
175#x6
185#x3

Barbell curls
65#x8
85#x6
105#x4 - Cheated on the last two

One superset of light skull crusher and concentration curl.

Gym closes.

Decent workout..very short and quick and not my favorite but I had little time to get the job done.

Next up...LEGS

AngryMuscles said:
when i jerk, people look..i wonder why......clean and jerk plz!! lol!

maybe cause most people only jerk and clean... :goof:

Friday's Leg lift:
warm-up
Squats:
135#x8
185#x7
205#x5
225#x3
245#x1

Leg Press
2 plates each side for 8 reps
3 plates each side for 8 reps
4 plates each side for 7 reps
5 plates each side for 6 reps
6 plates each side for 3 reps

Seated Calf Raise
2 plates for 15 reps
3 plates for 8 reps
4 plates for 4 reps
Cramped up calves

Lots of leg stretching from here and feeling pretty good about my leg press..just gotta get that squat up now. Next up on Sun...Chest

Sunday's Chest

Incline Bench
135#x10
185#x7
205#x5
225#x2

Flat Bench
185#x8
205#x6
215#x4
225#x3
240#x1

Pullover
50#x8
60#x8

Wide-grip Incline Hammer Strength Press
1 plate each side for 10 reps
Then added 10 pounds to each side and did 8-10 reps
Ended at 2 plates each side for 6 reps

A little ab work

Not so great workout...spent the first 15 minutes of it on the john...wasn't feeling up to snuff..

Started the CEE and Taurine today and going to start adding glutamine to the protein shakes (since i buy the world's cheapest protein). Any suggestions on doasge...I think i'm just gonna try and get in 3-6 grams of each a day.

Current weight about 189...i think i've lots a good deal of fat in the past week aroud the midsection...which might be explaining why the weight hasn't gone up much. I can definately see my abs if i flex whereas there was no way in hell that tummy was showing anything other than too much beer before. :spank:

Last edited:
Had a Back day...not the greatest start:
Deadlift
135#x10
225#x8
315#x4..just a lack of strength

Pull-ups
20 reps in 5 sets

Lower Back Iso-row machine
1 plate each side for 10 reps
added 25 pounds each side then 6-8 reps (3x)

Undergrip pull down
195#x8
210#x6
225#x5
240#x4

T-bar row
1 plate for 12 reps
added 10 pounds and went for 8 reps (3x)

I was impressed with my undergrip pull downs...but everything else really sucked. Going to take tomorrow off for a recovery day...maybe i'm nearing an over-training plateu...Just going to get a good rest and think about switching up the workout plans..stay tuned

Back