damn doctor

I was asked by my last Dr to take a drug test.
I asked what for, she paused and said you are hyper talk fast and high blood pressure and I wanna test you for cocaine!

I walked out.

Maybe I should have asked her to take one herself...

I have always been hyper and fast talker.

The next Ortho Dr. I seen lectured me for a few mins how I messed the MRI pics up and he had to straighten out and was mad.

I told him the truth I pulled one, yes 1 out and put back in as I could not read it maybe put back-wards, he had an immediate attitude on me for this big ordeal I did.

I've had so much luck with Dr's.

the search continues
:wallbash: :nerd: :destroy:

Last edited:
Billy_Bathgate said:
Some docs do come off pretty stern about AS, other come off politely about it and bring up the main issues. Either way, they swore an oath to tell you that. Sterotyped or not.

Ex. a lady comes in with track marks. The doc should bring up dissusioin of IV drug use. Say the lady has a cat or soemthing though and it turns out to be scratches. Was the doc wrong for expressing his concern...is that not his job?

I often see that AS are sugar coated on the boards. Fact is, the doses that we use are unnatural and can be very harmful. There are many sides, but we all know this. Im all for an old man using Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), but if I was a doctor, I dont think I would reccomend anyone to use doses of extreme, although I have done my fare share of experimentation, I am always very cautious and monitor key things while on. Look at how many of your friends off the boards or at the gyms use AS and are idiots. Maybe they are doing 200mg Winstrol (winny) ed for 6 months. Never know unless you discuss.

So if I was working in the ER, and someone came in that IMO looked like they used AS, I would bring it up. Tactfully though. Present the facts and dangers. Educate not lecutre.

Ive had 2 major run ins with docs vs AS. One went on about how AS will turn people gay and will only end up tearing tendons and no gains will ever be kept. The other was with a guy in the ER in which we had a nice discussion about the different effects such as liver damage, cholesterol and bp issues and discusses the important things to measure and take precautions of. Obviously IMO one was a good doctor, the other was bad.

PS...I will be in Med school in about a year.

do you plan on specializing?

i hopefullly will be in med school in about 4-5 years. hopefully i will specialize in endocrinology

Well, I do enjoy endocrinology topics, but I feel that my real gift would lie in emergency medicine. I love exciting, fast paced things and am able to make quick split-second decisions. I feel that I will get a very well rounded experience this way, which I do desire.

I have thought about possibly starting a clinic in endo on the side, perhaps more of an administration position. Obvious for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) related issues, but diabetes and hypothyroidism runs in my family and I have some life experience with that and fidn it interesting.

So..I guess Im not 100%. But I think my heart belongs in emergency medicine. Also, I would like to do specialized trips. You know like the stuff they do on the discovery channel. Like going to try to caputre some crazy animal for research or travel to underprivlaged communities. I think emergency medicine background would suite that as well.

DG..my previous comment was unrelated to yours, just me speaking out in general...you posted after I said something and didnt know if it was taken as my post was directed at you specifically or not. :)

Billy and Nutri: You may want to hold off on deciding which path you will follow during your medical training. Most people change their specialty during medical school, or even during post-grad training. Once you get a good look at life within a given specialty, you may decide it's not for you. Just be open-minded until you've done a few rotations. And, yes, you will get requests to write for steroids. Do that if you want to lose your license.

jyzza: I kind of like your idea.

house1: Your doctor should be commended. Tell him/her so.

DRveejay11: You are a physician and a Pro Bodybuilder? That blows me away!

Dangerous Grounds: I'd take care of you if I could. I've got lots of good Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). Also, the extreme pressure doctors are constantly under often, and sadly, results in drug and alcohol dependence and divorce. Some parts of being a doctor really suck.

Finally, I am a DO, not an MD.

I have mentioned to my Dr. that I have used Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) and he said let me give you some advice and this was all he said MODERATION. Went in for full Phy. after last contest needed blood work and liver checked out so far so good ready for a new year.

Re: My MRI results

I can't even find an ortho doc to give me a single cortisone shot!

That's surprising! They're usually the first to bring on the cortisone.

I remember 16 yr old girls getting in high school I'm mid 30's and still have never had 1 shot to elevate swelling and pain to allow healing processes to occur, they all say its to catabolic when I seen guys get one yrs ago and no problems since and others get every 2 months.

Some of my research on my problem..

Actually cortisone does help in round-about sort of way. The specific compounds made by the body that accompany the inflammatory process are catabolic to the tissues that are trying to be rebuilt by the healing process. It's a vicious cycle. Inflammation is geared to the immediate survival of the organism, not necessarily long-term healing of the damaged area.
The cortisone shot rids you of the inflammation, and allows the healing process to occur as it is supposed to.

DG, you're wrong on this one. Inflammation is the normal way the body always heals, whether the injury is a broken bone, a torn tendon, or a paper cut on the finger. Consider prolotherapy. Cortisone injections CAN help temporarily, but long-term weakness at the fibro-osseous junction can be the result. I treat these injuries on a daily basis. I've seen some bad outcomes from cortisone.

A one time shot, however, will do way more towards proper healing than it will hurt.

I question this assumption, too, for the reasons above. Do you know Zyglamail over at EF? he's had a lot of experience with these problems. Might wanna talk to him.

I have done research on my problem..
:wallbash: [/B][/QUOTE]

Billy_Bathgate said:
Some docs do come off pretty stern about AS, other come off politely about it and bring up the main issues. Either way, they swore an oath to tell you that. Sterotyped or not.

Ex. a lady comes in with track marks. The doc should bring up dissusioin of IV drug use. Say the lady has a cat or soemthing though and it turns out to be scratches. Was the doc wrong for expressing his concern...is that not his job?

I often see that AS are sugar coated on the boards. Fact is, the doses that we use are unnatural and can be very harmful.

Billy,
Very good points. Some people seem to think that because some doctors are ignorant about Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) (aren't we all!) that they know nothing across the board. We as physicians are NOT designed to be "prescription outlets" for those who think they know exactly what they need. We are trained to critically evaluate the situation, and prescribe teatment. Bedside manner is more of a personality thing. Many times, those who are angered because they don't get what they "need" are the first to sue if what they "need" leads to a bad outcome. ("victims")
Also, bedside manner is not all of what a doctor is. It's desirable, but not everyone has that in their makeup. For instance, the guy with the strep throat that started this thread: yeah, he got a lecture (not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things), but I AM assuming he got his potentially fatal infection adequately treated? That really is the bottom line, and, as you said, the doc carried out his duty by pointing out what he thought were the facts about Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use. And yes, there are people out there that fuck themselves up royally with AAS! But the attitude here is usually, "them, but not me".
Good luck in med school.

buffd, i was treated yes. still feel like shit . will be doing back and traps today regardless

i went there yesterday feeling like i was dragged down the street. his timing IMO sucked.

there is a time and place for everything
my personal doc takes good care of me

SWALE said:
Billy and Nutri: You may want to hold off on deciding which path you will follow during your medical training. Most people change their specialty during medical school, or even during post-grad training. Once you get a good look at life within a given specialty, you may decide it's not for you. Just be open-minded until you've done a few rotations. And, yes, you will get requests to write for steroids. Do that if you want to lose your license.

jyzza: I kind of like your idea.

house1: Your doctor should be commended. Tell him/her so.

DRveejay11: You are a physician and a Pro Bodybuilder? That blows me away!

Dangerous Grounds: I'd take care of you if I could. I've got lots of good Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). Also, the extreme pressure doctors are constantly under often, and sadly, results in drug and alcohol dependence and divorce. Some parts of being a doctor really suck.

Finally, I am a DO, not an MD.

Thanks for the advice. Who knows, i just might cange what i decided to specialize in. But, i do know i want to be a doctor. I love dealing with problems that involve a persons health. SO, we will see.....

You have to ignore the ignorant docters. When I was at school I was treated by the sports docters, the guys who deal with the Football team and wrestlers. He still lectured me about Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) every time I went to see him. They can't be helped.

My mind is wide open. When I was 3 years old I had a play medical set, I loved it. After that when I was 5 I dressed up like a doc for fun around the house and went by the name Dr Good. My family has always turned to me first on medical opinion (not advice) and I have much enjoyed being able to help people in such a positive way by simply doing something that I enjoy.

Oddyly, I used to want to be a general practicianer. Then I thought endo. Then thought non-invasive cardiology, now ER. My mind is far from 100%. I am so excited to get out of undergrad and get into med school though! I seriously cant wait!

I wont write scripts for AS or anything else for that matter that would jeopardize my licencse. If I did get into endo, I would love to work with with BB and PL, but would have to do it the correct way, no "hook me up doc". I do not see myself going down that road though honestly.

Matter of fact, AS will not be a part of my life in the US and other countries that they are illegal in. I imagine I will be on a sort of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) and GH, but no gram a week. Maybe its a price to pay, but I can do just fine without it. I am living it up now so to speak and will get to the point of where I can make it the rest on my own with minimal and legal dosing with no problems or regrets.

house1 said:
buffd, i was treated yes. still feel like shit . will be doing back and traps today regardless

i went there yesterday feeling like i was dragged down the street. his timing IMO sucked.

there is a time and place for everything
my personal doc takes good care of me

Hey bro,
You're right, his timing sucked. But if he truly felt you needed this info, when else was he gonna get to you? This was an urgent care visit right? Sometimes in medicine, you get one chance to plant a seed or get someone thinking, and you take it. His job, like it or not ;-)
Be careful working out with an infection. Your immune system still takes care of the bacteria, the antibiotic only inhibits their ability to reproduce.
Hope you feel better soon.

you want to get back at a doctor? fot that kinda shit?

Request a meeting with the administrative director or CEO of that hospital. The doctor shouldnt have any rights to say things like that, you could probally bust him on talking to his nurses and assistants about it out of the office. There is such a thing called "the patient bill of rights" Im not 100% sure if this would fall into it, but just one of his assistants or nurses to come into the private meeting..they will be scared so shitless they will tell what they heard if the doc said anything.....The patient bill of rights is a Federal Law.....but thats my evil side speaking if you actually want to take it that far.......

I know this for i very recently worked in a hospital and had to deal with these types of situations reguarly...patient confidentiality is not underestimated.......

--peace from Dr. Evil......
"give me a hug mini me"

young_Blooded said:
you want to get back at a doctor? fot that kinda shit?

Request a meeting with the administrative director or CEO of that hospital. The doctor shouldnt have any rights to say things like that, you could probally bust him on talking to his nurses and assistants about it out of the office. There is such a thing called "the patient bill of rights" Im not 100% sure if this would fall into it, but just one of his assistants or nurses to come into the private meeting..they will be scared so shitless they will tell what they heard if the doc said anything.....The patient bill of rights is a Federal Law.....but thats my evil side speaking if you actually want to take it that far.......

I know this for i very recently worked in a hospital and had to deal with these types of situations reguarly...patient confidentiality is not underestimated.......

Bro,
What on God's earth are you talking about? How does talking to someone about their Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use constitute a breach of doctor/patient confidentiality? Did I miss something here? This thread gets curiouser and curiouser...

got a cortisone shot set up for Monday morning!
about time!
Buff-doc,

I am not pointing you out. You obviously seem to be a bit more enlightened on modern medical treatments.

I did stereotyped but also said there are some good ones out there I just haven't found one.

DangerousGrounds said:
got a cortisone shot set up for Monday morning!
about time!
Buff-doc,

I am not pointing you out. You obviously seem to be a bit more enlightened on modern medical treatments.

I did stereotyped but also said there are some good ones out there I just haven't found one.

I know, man, you just seem so pissed and that worries me for you. It's just so much extra clutter in my mind when i'm pissed off, and it takes away from my focus, makes me less efficient.
I'm serious about pursuing the prolotherapy, though; you could even do it after the cortisone calms things down a bit. Just one man's opinion ;-)

my apologies to good Dr's

I did mention prolo therapy to my old Ortho Dr. and he looked at me like I was retarded and said he never heard of it. I also metioned gh treatments and he said it was just in testing stages..:rolleyes:

Sorry to the fine Dr's on here you seem to do a great service.

I faxed my radiologists report to my normal Dr and he said right in the report a cortisone shot was recommended. I read the report from the Radiogist reccomendations when when my ortho Dr walked out and seen what it said and questioned him, and he evaded all my questions saying it would cause more damages.

I have no idea why this Ortho Dr. would not give me one when I was consulting PT's on west coast who treat the Pro's said one shot will do more towards healing than damaging.(he was offended when I had told him about my problem and consulting a PT on the west coast).

I also seen many guys in my gym have same problem I described say they got a shot a yr or 2 ago and never had pains since.

Hence, I am not expecting a miracles just a cure to continue to live a BB lifestyle w/out having to needless deal with unnecessary chronic pain.

Some of you at least keep an open mind and listen and educate yourselves of new medical advances and help many.

I am very sorry but my frustration's reached a boiling point and this thread let it fly..

Last edited:
buffdoc said:
I know, man, you just seem so pissed and that worries me for you. It's just so much extra clutter in my mind when i'm pissed off, and it takes away from my focus, makes me less efficient.
I'm serious about pursuing the prolotherapy, though; you could even do it after the cortisone calms things down a bit. Just one man's opinion ;-)

I agree bro, clutter in the mind and not myself lately, sorry to vent anger at you but it did feel good to have a debate on both sides of Dr and patients.

To bad there is a shortage a good local educated Dr's in my area or County. I'm sure near Chicago, Joliet, Aurora, Champain IL. theres plenty close by within an hr either way of me.

Its just finding em out of a list of 100's. Its frustraing games of phone tag faxed papers paperwork ect.

It should not be so hard for a clear cut case like mine..

heres what part of the report said, quote:
----------------------
PARTIAL VERTICAL TEAR AT THE MUSCULOTENDINOUS JUNCTION OF THE ROTATOR CUFF. SUPERIOR FIBERS OF THE ROTATOR CUFF ARE INTACT.. ACROMION IS OF A TYPE II.

make any sense Dr's.

Back