My Before and After

I do the pushup thing always have. about 200 a day. maybe i need to double it idk. I think i have to really do something drastic to my routine. Thanks for all the comments. As I said I am always open to suggestions. Just want to look better.

I agree w/ Man o Muscle - if you are doing 200 a day then you must be overtraining or hit a plateau or somethin' Maybe layoff the push ups for a week and whenyou go back to them do weighted ones - get your wife to set a 25lb plate on your back or better yet have your kid sit on your back - (this worked for me 'til he got to be over 45lbs.) Seems to me you need to mix it up a bit from your regular sets.

Good luck bro!

great transformation Andru!!! Even at the point you're at now you look great. How are the wheels? I wish I had some advice on the chest aspec tbut I've never dealt w/ a shoulder injury before. Still, your transformation is amazing. That's seriously inspirational to me. I weighed over 265 at 5'10" at one point and got down to a fairly cut 180 in about 2 years. After that I moved, changed jobs, had to find a new gym, etc. I had/have all the excuses in the world. Here I am 5+ years after dropping all that weight and I'm about to turn 31 w/ a kid on the way. I'm still hovering around 200 - I'll never go past that - but I'm "fat" again. It all seems to collect in my gut. I make better food choices but I haven't been to the gym as consistently as I should. I hear you on the injuries too. I play soccer competitively about 3 times a week (for the past 2 years) and you think that all that cardio would keep the fat off but all it did was give me some knee/ankle issues and keep me from the weights.

I've been looking for the motivation to get back to "my peak" condition. I might just post up my own thread.

Thanks for the motivation Andru!!!

Hey Bigger... Thanks for reading. the major key for me in losing/keeping weight off was my diet. Good carbs and lean meats/chicken/turkey I don't really like fish.

I also only did whole grains and things that had no processes flour. just stone ground whole wheat flour. Try to stay away from anything enriched. Brown rice and cous cous high in good carbs..

I cut out soda completely even diet. I eat or try to eat no processed sugar only sugar I eat is from fruit. And even that I try and only eat fruit that is high in fiber. I only eat Bananas cause I cramp a bit.

I cook every sunday for the entire week. I have a cheat day on the weekend where i eat what I want and have a drink or 2. But that is pretty much it. I stuck with this and have been able to really keep my weight steady. I did fall off the wagon for a bit but was able to drop weight again. You can do it no problem. Let me know if you have any quesitons or if you want some help.

IMO you are doing too far too few, too often. Dont* do them everyday as you dont heal properly. And if youre doing them in sets of any less than 20, then its even less helpful. Do sets of at least 20 or 25 x 20 = 400 to 500 or untill burnout. Wait 1 or 2 minutes between each set. By burnout, I mean until your chest aches and you cant possibly push yourself up again. When you feel this, wait 3 or 4 minutes then try again:) If you still cant do anymore...then you know you are burnt. I also alternate them with dips in sets of 15-30, depending on how many Im going to do. I know if you havent made a habit of this, its really hard for awhile, but if you do it, I guarantee your chest will get a lot of depth quite fast.

Wait at least a day between doing this, even 2 is ok. Also alternate. Do a set with hands widespread, more than shoulder-length apart. Next set, put your hands together in a diamond shape underneath the middle of your chest, and spread your legs wide apart behind you. You will feel the difference fast;-) Ill try to get my wife to make a video, or take some pictures of me doing them tomorrow. Then Ill post up so you can see.

Terrible advice anyone?

IMO you are doing too far too few, too often. Dont* do them everyday as you dont heal properly. And if youre doing them in sets of any less than 20, then its even less helpful. Do sets of at least 20 or 25 x 20 = 400 to 500 or untill burnout..

This is not the way to add mass to your chest. This is overtraining beyond recognition. especially since he is cutting right now. I wouldnt do that even when Bulking.

On topic. Great transformation and congratulations on your recent pics. u can see the difference u have made on your current cutting. Please post more pics.! and looking great bro.

On topic. Great transformation and congratulations on your recent pics. u can see the difference u have made on your current cutting. Please post more pics.! and looking great bro.

yah well I went away on vacation for a week. so diet was out the window. I will be starting back up again end of week. Back to the gym and diet hardcore. I am going to shoot for end of august to really get ripped and also try and put on a little size on my chest. I know not realistic but going to give it a shot. My diet with be spot on and supplements will be used to the max. Going to keep natty for now.

Thanks guys for the responses. I want to start taking some Karate classes to really start to condition. hate working on the treadmill/bike/eliptical.

Hey Dude - glad to hear you got some R&R - it's hard to keep the diet clean away from home & work. Good luck w/ the workouts & diet & karate. I'm thinking of trying out boxing in the fall - my son & I got some gloves & a heavy bag. He's 10 and real tough so I'm scared - lol! Anyway heard it's a good workout too.

Later!

After coming back from vacation started to diet again. Lost a bit of muscle. Here i am at 196. Haven't been eating as much just havent been hungry. Need to get back on the wagon and eat eat eat. I like to be around 200lbs
web1.jpg

Hey Man - you are lookin pretty ripped - must have been a good vacation! Def looks like the diet is working for you - are doing low carb or anything special? I'm 6 - 2 also and agree 200 - 210 would be the best weight for that height - altho I've got about 5% more BF than u! You look like around 8% or so - Did you ever have it checked? Anyways - good work - keep it up!

Thanks Lean!!! Workin on it... Diet has been a challenge but still going. Lost a bit of muscle and some body fat. I haven't measured in a while. I really should. I feel a bit higher than 8...

LOL! Yeah you're right they are not even - but lookin good nonetheless - in the last shot they look more balanced - mite be just the way you are flexing in the pose. You should take a shot from the back or a back double bi - that will tell the story. Few people, if any are really symmetrical - I have a real nice peak on one bi and a big mound on the other - WTF? train the same! BTW - nice lats & vascularity - good look for summer!

Back