The Benjamin Button Cycle

Not long you will be the strongest man on Ology!!!!

Keep it up big man!!!;)

Thanks for checking in, dude and the words of encouragement - i'm totally stoked atm - hitting new PR's with every workout! and only 64 days till I hit the mid century mark!

Thursday leg day

bOX sQUATS
14 x 135
10 x 135
10 x 185
5 x 205
5x 225
5 x 275!!!!!!!!PR

Leg Press
12 x 4plates/side
12 x 6 plates
10 x 8 plates
10 x 10 pltaes
4 x 10;4x8;4x6;8x4;14x2 widowmaker

Seated leg Raises

10 x 80
2x10 x 100

Ham curls

3 x 10 x 100

DONE!

Keep up the hard work old man, truly inspiring:biggthump

Thanks dude - I am really loving life these days - getting stronger has me stoked!

Hey guys Sunday pm update. 2 grueling days of carpentry & painting - ugh!~ I'm ready to go back to my desk job!

Took time out this am for an awsome leg workout - cleared my head and felt great to lift some lead.

SUNDAY LEGS
Squats
14 x 135
10 x 195
8 x 235
6 x 275
6 x 315!!!!!!!!! ( great set except for the tiny fart on the 5th rep - oops!)
10 x 135

Romainian Deadlifts
10 x 145
10x 195
10x 245 (did these all w/ 25 plates so I could go lower)

Seated ham curls
10 x 170
10x 180
10x190
10 x 200(whole stack)

Standing one leg ham curls
3 sets x 8 x 120

Leg Press

14 x 4 plates
10 x 8 plates
6 x 10 plates (not very good ROM on this set - guess legs were already tired)
widowmaker
2x10;4x8;4x6;4x4;8x2 (18reps)

Leg Extensions
10 x 100
10 x 140
10 x 180
8 x 200(whole stack)
3 x 200 (burnt out!)

Tight lower back so did some abs to stretch it out

AB leg raises (machine)
3 sets of 10

Cant seem to remember to do the extreme stretches - Damn!

50 mg Winstrol (winny) - only about a week of that left I suppose....

MONDAY MADNESS[/U][/B]

Well it's the start of a 3 day week for me. going to LA for the weekend & some work on Thursday. Can't wait. Def going to workout at Golds Venice - i think legs... we'll see. Maybe it should be chest - i'm sure their dumbells go over 100lbs! LOL Pinned my test this am - a little early so that I can pin again Thursday Am before I leave and not carry any contraband on the plane. All done w/ DECA....
Sides lately - Both BP and pulse is elevated (not dangerous but too high for the long run) Bacne is back after a quiet week, out of breath on the treadmill.

Chest & TRIS
DB incline bench (10 degree- almost flat)

14x50
14x60
10x75
8x90
8x100

Smith Incline bench
10 x 135
10 x 185
5 x 225
8x205
8x185

Decline bench

3 x 8 x 185
8x165

Cable flys
10 x 60
10x75
10x70
10 x 70

Tri press downs SUPERSET with
3 sets 10 x ?

One arm Tri cable kickbacks

3 sets

Tuesday Arm blaster

Did tris yesterday so today was bis only (okay i did a little tri) Way fun workout - only done this about 3 times in my life - seems so self indulgent to just do arms. Fells great though. i love it when i get a good pump and can't touch my shoulders - Hahahaha

Barbell curl (long 45lb bar) superset with Hammer curls
14 x 65/10 x 25
10 x 85/8x35
8x95/8x45
8x105/8x45
3x115/8x50

Machine curls superset with machine preacher curls
10 x 80/10x40
8x100/10x60
8x100/8x60
10x100/3x70

JM (TRI) press
10x65
8x85
8x95
4x95

Went into the locker room and measured my bi's pumped - got a full 18" on the R and 17.5 on the L

i think that's about and inch more than cold - but i had to do it just to make myself feel good - always wondered what it would be pumped. My left has always been about 1/2" less than my whacking arm - lol - got to change around that routine.... don't know if i can at my age.... hahahaha

30 mgs Winstrol (winny) this am. Skipped my Winstrol (winny) last night so I'm really doing 30mgs a day instead of 50. I am def feeling drugged these days - sweating like i have Malaria at night - my wife makes me sleep on a beach towel now! lol I'm debating cutting the cycle short by one week - finishing this weekend. That would be 15 weeks instead of 16. i'm thinking that the 12 week cycle is a bit more comfortable, but i wanted to try a month extra.

This afternoon - Boxing lesson with my son at the gym. Can hardly wait should be uber fun. :hi5sikeyardsale:Hope he doesn't KO me in the first round...;-)

Mediocre Mercolodi Workout

Hey guys - did legs today so i can do Shoulders & back tomorrow at Golds Venice. Maybe not such a good idea - don't think I was fully recovered from Sunday and both weights & reps were down - as well as sore knees.

Smith Squats superset with Smith lunges
12 x 70* /8x70
10x95/8x95
8x120/8x120
8x120/8x120 - big gnarly back pumps! ouch
*Not counting the weight of the bar

Hack squats
12 x 2plates a side
2x 10 x 4plates wrapped knees
10 x 2 plates

Leg extensions
4 x 10 x 160

Seated leg curl
10 x 170
2 x 10 x 200

Standing leg curl
4 sets of 8

Abs
Captains chair

4 sets

Feel like my body is a bit fukked up now - wierd energy, huge night sweats, heat rash, etc. Last Pin of test tomorrow - then 2 weeks till PCT!

weight 217 today.

[I]Muscle Beach[/I]

Yo Bros
Was in LA for a little break from daily life for the last few days. Had a ton of fun - ate clean (but not enough) saw a few old friends, got to workout at Golds Venice and see a BB show! Highlight had to be meeting Jay C - what a cool dude - very nice & friendly....and of course HUGE! Looks like he'll have a shot at Mr. O when he cuts down - he is bulking 293 atm!

Being at the Mecca and seeing the show got me energized like crazy and i hit some new PRs. Can't post the workouts 'cause i forgot most of it but here were a few highlights for me.

Chest workout
DB flat Bench
115 x 8 reps PR

Shoulder workout
MIlitary DB press
85 x 7 PR
95 x 6 Not sure this counts 'cause I had a spotter and he def helped in the lower ROM

Hammer Curls
finished w/ 2 sets of 10 x 45 PR prolly could have gone to 50... Damn - shoulda tried!
2 days rest No lifting

Today - LEGS (no belt no straps - they are in my lost luggage!)
Squats
14 x 135
10 x 185
8x225
8x275

Stiff leg deads

10 x 95
10 x 165
8 x 215
8x 245 PR!

Leg extensions

12 x 120
10 x 140
8x180
3 x 200

One leg ham curls

3 sets ea leg

Seated ham curls
10 x 160
10 x 180
10 x 200 (whole stack)

18" box jumps
8x bw
8x bw
6x bw+30
6x bw+ 30

Seated calves
15 x 70
10 x 115
8 x 140
6 x 140 (to failure)
I am officially in my 2 week limbo state until post cycle therapy (pct) starts in 10 days. i am getting my bf done tomorrow - dunk tank. After seeing the BB show i am more motivated than ever to get big and ripped - in that order. - i figure i got about 2 more years to do it - maybe 5 at the outside ... ;-) BTW - the winner at the BB show was a guy over 50 - amazing size and conditioning! but he's been doing BB for about 20+ years so i got some time to catch up! LOL

Ego blaster

Hey dudes - got to tell u the best thing that happened to me today.

I went for my boxing workout at 6pm. i was working out at one of the heavy bags practicing my jabs and hooks and really getting into it. i felt i needed to have some intensity 'cause right next to me was a guy (20-25?) who looked like a real fighter beating the shit out of his bag. The coaches were giving him pointers and I was thinking "he's going to be the next Pro out of this gym!" when the bell rang and there was a moment of quite he looked over at me so I introduced myself to him and pounded his glove.

He said "Man I was lookin at you and you must have been one bad ass mothah fukkah in your prime!"

LOL Made my day! I was thinking, dude I am in my prime!

Tuesday
BF test today so am limiting my carbs and water intake to see how low it will go. i am quite apprehensive - the dunk tank is supposed to be really accurate so.... no room for excuses!

Weighed myself this am - guess the water gain is going - down to 211.6 this morning from a high of 218 last week. i did eat a bit less over the last 5 days maybe a 500 cal deficit over the 4K I was shooting for. i am also loosing the racing heart rate and feeling better about cardio and getting winded - so that is excellent. I imagine i have another 7 days till the test is all gone - be interesting to see if the strength stays.

Pullups
49 x bw in sets of 5 - just couldn't do 50 - want to wait til my b-day - hahahaha i may switch this up to sets of 7 - 5 was pretty easy.

ARMS
Hammer curls superset w/ Overhead DB tricep lift
8 x 45/10 x 50
8x45/10 x 65
8x50/8x 75
8x50/8x 75

JM presses @95
Tried but crapped out due to forearm soreness - didn't want to push it.
BB curls @ 95 - same as above :-(

machine arm curls
2 x 10 x 100
done.

a little bit worried about developing tendonitis forearms are really tender.

Strength shouldn't go down much lean you have been training like a machine. Keep the pace maybe up the cal's even more and you should be alright.

Whats your post cycle therapy (pct) look like? Clomid 50mg's 4 weeks usually always do just fine.

I would love to go to muscle beach sometimes. When I was in Huntington Beach I never did get there pissed about it. Did you get any pic's? Should have gotten one with Cutler, :) Anxious to hear about your results with the BF Tank.

Strength shouldn't go down much lean you have been training like a machine. Keep the pace maybe up the cal's even more and you should be alright.

Whats your PCT look like? Clomid 50mg's 4 weeks usually always do just fine.

I would love to go to muscle beach sometimes. When I was in Huntington Beach I never did get there pissed about it. Did you get any pic's? Should have gotten one with Cutler, :) Anxious to hear about your results with the BF Tank.

Okay you can call me Mr. Fatty pants! hahaha - I came in at 18% down 1.5% from last November! Got to get into the cardio this summer - i think I can drive that number down to 15! Good news I gained muscle and lost fat - so all's good.
And for your viewing pleasure...

Now be honest - who's arms look bigger - me or Jay?

BTW he is a hella nice guy! and a beast...

D if you ever make it out to Venice let me know - i'll meet you at Golds and we can do arms - Jay gave me a few tips....

Last edited:
Dudes:

sick as a dawg all weekend w/ a chest cold. but I'll be okay by Wed.

That's it - End of cycle - this is a good as it gets. It's not spectacular - But I'm pretty happy with the results and stoked to keep going natty for 3 mos then on to the necktar of the gods!

Thanks for all your support!

And if anyone reading is curious...it IS possible to get younger over the course of 4 months! ;-) I'm staying on that path - let u know how it turns out!

Last edited:
Damn lean I bet you look like a mean SOB with the boxing gloves on. Dude your back,traps,neck really thickend up nice in those pics. That chest at age 50 keeps me motivated as hell that I have a lot left in me. You look awesome bro no doubt. Maybe some swimming or cycling to tighen up the rest and you will be in mens magazines doing suppliment ads, lol.

What are the training plans for being natty? Are you gonna do more boxing?

BTW that would be sweet to hit a workout with you in Venice I need to get there. Maybe ill tie a sufing trip into Huntington and hit Venice. Great log man you really put effort into everything and it shows.

Hey Guys - thanks for the words of encouragement! I am stoked to move forward - no point in looking back - the best is yet to come! hahahaha

Dlove - I'm going to step up my cardio this summer and try to loose some flab in the gut - I had better abs before but that was around 175-180 lbs.
The Natty Plan:
Lifting: I'm going to push to make progress on all the major moves and get some new PBs - especially legs and calves
Nutritrion: I'm going to start logging the food again and try to keep it at 4000 cals with 210-220gms of protein; very low fat and the rest complex carbs.
Rest: Gulp I'm only going to lift 3 days a week - maybe 4...and get more sleep afterwards so i can grow and not burn my new muscle.

More Stats
Shoulda put this up above but just complied the info:
Strength gains over 4 months:

Flat BB Bench
4 @205 up to 10@255 +50lbs

Flat DB bench 3 @ 100 up to 7 @ 115 +15lbs

Incline BB Bench 8@155 up to 8@225 +100lbs

DB Military Press 10@55 up to 7@85 +30lbs

Cable pulldown
10@160 up to 10 @210 +50lbs

Hammer curls 6@45 up to 10 @ 50 +5lbs

SLDL
5@195 up to 10@275 +80lbs

1 arm rows 10@65 up to 8 @130 +65lbs

Last edited:
WELL DONE YOU OLD FART!!!

Theres plenty of gains to be done as a natty, just keep intensity at max, and volume low.

I would eat more protein and eat high good fats. Just take your protein shakes with good fats no carbs.

Keep up the consistancy you will break pr`s left and rigth!!

GOOD LUCK MATEY O!!!

WELL DONE YOU OLD FART!!!

Theres plenty of gains to be done as a natty, just keep intensity at max, and volume low.

I would eat more protein and eat high good fats. Just take your protein shakes with good fats no carbs.

Keep up the consistancy you will break pr`s left and rigth!!

GOOD LUCK MATEY O!!!

Thanks, buddy - I am stoked to keep it burning!!!! why no carbs though? what would you look at for a breakdown of macros? 40/40/20?

carbs by all means just not with the protein and fattys, so the fats wont go to the bellyflab.

I'm trying to get carbs (Complex only) and protein at every meal and I don't worry about the fat. I basically try to avoid ALL fat -(except fish oil tablets in the am) and I still end up with 20% fat cals. U think that works - or u think I should modify it?

Thanks Big Mike!

Back