The Benjamin Button Cycle

Thanx for the insite:wtf:

Rest is important, and cruising higher reps with lower weigths every now and again is also a must for continuing gains and not overtraining.

Hey buddy sounds like maybe that's what i need - still sore - can't even imagine doing deads or Romanians atm. Got 6 mo weeks on this cycle - going for 2 more with deca and test, then adding Winstrol (winny) for 6 weeks and droping the deca for the last 2 weeks of test.

I am going to change up the lifting routine for the last 1/3 of the cycle, but still want to focus on the big 5 as you call it. i have made good progress this cycle for strength:
incline BB press: 185 up to 255
BB press: 185 up to 275
deadlift: 135 up to 245
romanian: 110 to 225
leg press: 5 plates on a side to 11 plates on a side

But on the other hand - i did (apparently) find my "breaking point" so I've got to work on that - get stronger and raise it up.

Also i think I threw in too many dynamic exercises - box jumping, Lateral box jumping, skipping rope, boxing at one time.

So here's the long & short of the weekend:
So I can't stand it no mo - I'm going back in! i hate to waste precious days on gear with injuries and "days off resting"...
Saturday Upper body strength
Tried "jacked" this am - not noticeable amazing pump - seemed ok
incline bb press
10 x 135
10 x 185
8 x 205
7x225
5x 255 (shitty ROM so I got a spot & redid it)
7 x 255 (nice rom & form)

Flat DB press
10 x 55
10x 65
8x75
7 x 90 (this was tough - I wanted to go up to the 100's but felt like i would tweak the shoulder.)
tbar row
12 x 60
10x105
8 x 135
5x180
3x180
8x105
DB incline rear delt flyes
4 sets 10 x 10
bi curls (machine)
increasing weights - forgot the numbers
hammer curls
10 x 25
10 x 35
8 x 45
Hip or glute or back - whatever hust like crazy so got a 30 min massage.
Lots of Ibuprohhen.

SundayUpper body
Tried NoXplode this am - 3 scopes good pump - no amazing energy or anything...
chin ups
4 sets of 8

SUPERSET: seated Calves/standing calves

10x70/18 x 120
10x115/12 x 285
8 x 15010 x 405

Dips

3 sets BW x 10 reps

Tri pushdowns
4 sets
one arm tri pushdowns
4 sets

tricep overhead BB press
10 x 45
10 x 45
10 x 55
Cable crossovers
10 x 45
10 x 55
10 x 65
Pec dec
4 sets 8-10 x 300

Great workout - minimal back pain, great energy.

Sun pm - tired as hell. ;-)

Next week I'll post the new split and you can all take a poke at me! :bash:hahahaha

Later guys

WOW that is great progress!!! Why dont you cruise for two weeks and jump back in as its working so good?

WOW that is great progress!!! Why dont you cruise for two weeks and jump back in as its working so good?

Hey thanks man - I needed that - feeling kinda shitty that my back still hurts. So for "cruising" you'd just do 60% weights higher reps & sets - same gear?

You shouldnt need it bro, thats all you big man!

Yeah do some isolation work, ligth cardio, streching, at about 60-75%. If you feel after one week your ready to go, then go for it! But if not, take one more, this is essintial for progress, you will see. When you do jump back in the first week train hard but leave the pr attempts for next week!

Oh and halfin your ritalin dose(or whatever you take for your adhd) will do wonders for your cns also:)

?

This is amazing progress lean. You must feel a hell of a lot better too? Stronger always seems to bring better sense of well being.

After your cruise for 2 weeks you should be able to comeback and terrorize shit. Rip that bitch a new one, lol. Keep this pace bigdog and who knows maybe one day you be a 1,500 powerhouse.

^^^ thanks, dude - i am going to take it easy - get more sleep and eat better in the next 2 weeks. Hopefully I will be ready for attack mode and get those #'s up. Be nice to add some mo mass too! BTW - i hit 215.6 today! The most ever was 218 but that was on test & dbol - I looked big but puffy too - like the michelin man! hahahahaha So this time I am shooting for 220 but with less water.

I din't do too good cruising this am - felt too stoked. Tried out another serving of "Jacked" (full 3 scoops this time) - didn't feel "mind blowing pumps" or "garden hose vascularity" but I was definately in overdrive the whole way:

Tuesday am

5% incline DB bench Press
18 x 50
10x65
5 x75
5 x90
8 x100!!!!! PR (with a spotter to help me get the first press up off my chest.)

Cable cross over flyes
18 x 50 (Tite squeeze & hold at top)
12 x 70
10x70
12 x70

Overhead single DB Tricep extensions
10 x 40
10 x 50
10x70
10x70

EZ Bar Tricep cable pushdowns
10 x 120
10 x 160
7x 180
7 x 180

Tricep kickbacks
10 x 15
10 x 20
10 x 25
4x30;6x25;6x20;4x15;8x10;10x5 (38 reps!)

Weighted Bench dips
10 x 45
10x 80
10x 80

Tris felt pumped but not burnt... i was trying to get some of that going - Have to wait til tomorrow to see if I'm sore. 2 guys told me i looked "big" today - that felt pretty good - i don't see much change. This time around i am waiting til the end to do before & after pics. Anyways I felt strong as an ox - so that's good.

Had my Mon pm 300 test C/ 250 deca last eve. I'm using the 20 g pin that come with the syringe for my glutes. Hard to break the skin but juice goes in smooth & quick.

Decided no boxing again today - going to let by bod rest this afternoon.

later dudes!

START THE CRUISE:D

Seeing as your progression is going great and it doesnt look like the Benjamin Button thing is gonna work up. How about you strive to be the next Jack Lelane?

I was looking at hes CV in wikipedia, and here is what you would need to strive for in the next few years:

1974 (age 60): For the second time, Jack swam from Alcatraz Island to Fisherman's Wharf. Again, he was handcuffed, but this time he was also shackled and towed a 1,000-pound boat.

If you do became the next Lelane, will you have your own juicer?

START THE CRUISE:D

Seeing as your progression is going great and it doesnt look like the Benjamin Button thing is gonna work up. How about you strive to be the next Jack Lelane?

I was looking at hes CV in wikipedia, and here is what you would need to strive for in the next few years:

1974 (age 60): For the second time, Jack swam from Alcatraz Island to Fisherman's Wharf. Again, he was handcuffed, but this time he was also shackled and towed a 1,000-pound boat.

If you do became the next Lelane, will you have your own juicer?

hahahaha - you and your finnish sense of humor!...in fact I've seen Jack - he used to live in SF or nearby (I think now he's in So Cal) and he is definately STILL a stud! amazing - and his brain is sharp as hell! I think he's actually a good role model - much as I'd like to look like the Animal guy... I especially like the apartment decor!

Mellow workout this am - just did shrugs, Bi curls (forward & reverse) upright rows, and delt flyes. Not heavy weight 60% 6-8 reps; 5 sets.

Tonight going to box - should be fun.

Yo Bros - Intense weekend:
Building a fence & deck.... no other workouts!

4 x 4 x 8' military press - 30 reps
60lb concrete bag farmers walk - 36 bags
fence board Romanian DL's - 100+
Grip work - 500+ screws
Walking Lunges with fence boards - 10 sets 20 steps

I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sore after all that - about 30 hrs work in 3 days!!!

Went to the gym this am - felt so good to lift iron!!!

Broomstick twists w/ 27lb pole
40 reps
Assisted Pullups
5 sets of 5
Pulldowns
10 x 140; 10 x 160;10x160;8 x 200
HS high row machine
10 x 2plates (ea side)
10 x 2plates + 25
8 x 3 plates
8 x 3plates
Seated Calf raises
15 x 2 plates
10 x 3 plates
10 x 3 plates
7 x 3 plates + 25

Standing Calve raises (machine)
10 x 200
3 x 10 x 400

Weighted decline ab crunches
12 x 10;10 x 25
10 x 25; 8 x 10

Weighted hanging leg raises
4 x 10 BW + 25

Ab machine

4 sets

Ab cable crunch
4 sets 10 x 120

One mo month of juice - started my Winstrol (winny) today.

I love the High Row HS, I wish my gym had that.

Damn Lean you bent 500 screws, lol? How much Winstrol (winny) you running?

Farmers Walk is bad ass man I can inmagine your feeling that!

I love the High Row HS, I wish my gym had that.

Damn Lean you bent 500 screws, lol? How much Winstrol (winny) you running?

Farmers Walk is bad ass man I can inmagine your feeling that!

Hey D - i am glad to be back lifting iron - I'll tell u that! i agree about the HS high row. Can't see much when i do it, but I've seen other guys there and it really nails your upper back big time!

So i forgot the dosing on the Winstrol (winny) - turned out the tabs were 10mg NOT 25! LOL so I upped it to 40mg a day. (I did 20 yesterday) I only have 3 weeks worth tho - not 4 weeks as i thot. Oh well.

Wednesday
LEGS!

Squats

15 x 95
10 x 135
10 x 185
8 x 225
8 x 255

Machine leg press
10 x 225
10 x 370
10 x 405 (whole stack)

lying Ham curls

12 x 100
4 x 140
10 x 100
10x 100

glute ham raises

4 x 10 x bw

Leg Press
14 x 5 plates
10 x 7 plates
10 x 7 plates

felt great - i relly pushed myself on the intensity - thot i was going to puke after the machine leg press! LOL

Took 3 scoops of NoXplode; green tea fat burners; no coffee - very caffinated! I took the Winstrol (winny) about 6 am so it would be in there at 8 am when i lifted. Weighed in at 214 today - lost a pound - can't blast thru 215 no matter what! I feel like I can't eat no mo! I am at about 3500 cals of good quality carbs & protein. very little fat. i feel a little bloated tho. Took a week off from the hcg and my nuts shrunk to pecans :-( back on it today - hoping to plump up the boys a bit.

Yo dudes
Taking it easy this week 'cause i have an athletic camp weekend coming up.

Today
slight incline bench DB press

2 sets - Pyramid up & down - no rest

35x14;40 x 10;45x8;50x7;55x7
70x6;65x6;60x6;55x5;50x5;45x5;40x3;35 x 4

Flat bench
same pyramid as above

Bicep curls
4 giant sets 60x10;55x8;50x7;45x10
AWeSOME pump!!!! Couldn't even touch my shoulder when I was done with these! LOL

Cable pushdowns/cable overhead tri extensions
6 sets 10 x 100 ea

Weighted bench dips
10 x bw + 2 plates; 12 x bw + 1 plate
10 x bw + 3 plates; 10 x bw + 2 plate; 4 x bw + 1 plate

Dips 2 sets bw x 10 reps

Winny 50 mg liquid shot to the back of my throat! I didn't intend to take it all before my w/o but it shot out real fast. Any thots on whether or not I should split 50 into 2 doses a day?

Lean... great job thus far.

It looks like you're going back to a little bit BBing with the Westside as a foundation. Would I be correct assuming this?

As far as injecting with a 20g needle, FUCK THAT. Stay away from something that big. 23g in the glute is optimal for me, but I prefer a slower injection with a 25g. 20g is going to leave WAY too much scar tissue.

Don't be so concerned with the # of the scale right now. It's clear that you are making some great progress and that's all that really matters. Keep it up and hit the iron as hard as can be.

And yes, split the Winstrol (winny) into 2 doses a day. That would be much better than one single dose.

Lean... great job thus far.

It looks like you're going back to a little bit BBing with the Westside as a foundation. Would I be correct assuming this?

As far as injecting with a 20g needle, FUCK THAT. Stay away from something that big. 23g in the glute is optimal for me, but I prefer a slower injection with a 25g. 20g is going to leave WAY too much scar tissue.

Don't be so concerned with the # of the scale right now. It's clear that you are making some great progress and that's all that really matters. Keep it up and hit the iron as hard as can be.

And yes, split the Winstrol (winny) into 2 doses a day. That would be much better than one single dose.

Thanks for the feedback - you're right about the westide traing - i' followed it pretty strictly for 2 months and gained huge amounts of strength - now i'm going to change it up a bit to aim for hypertrophy in the last 4 weeks.

The Winstrol (winny) should make this 4 weeks very interesting especially after i finish off the deca. i feel like I've gotten a tiny bit more lean inthe last month - hoping to adjust the diet in the next 4-6 weeks too - go heavier on protein and cut the carbs 5% Plus i'm adding in 3+ cardio sessions a week - straight out treadmill.

Bad news-my sonny boy tore his patella tendon and is in a cast for at least 2 weeks.... So no camp for him or me this weekend. :-(
I was looking forward to all the ropes stuff and climbing - they do really fun partner things with dads & kids. O well.

So as result of that, I worked out this am instead of taking the day off.

Hypertrophy Shoulders/Back/Traps

-DB Shoulder Press
3sets 8x35,50,60 super setted with
-DB Front Raise
3sets 8x20,25,30
-DB One Arm Row
3sets 8x 55,75,75 super setted with
-DB Arnold Press
3sets 7x 35
-Lat Pull Down (Wide Grip)
2sets 10 x 140,200 super setted with
-DB Shrugs
2sets 10x75
-Lat Pull Down (Close grip, palms facing in)
2sets 8x 160/180 super setted with
-DB Upright Row
2sets 10x30
-T-bar row
2 sets 8x 2plates,3plates

My tris are totally knocked out from yesterday's workout - the weighted bench dips and upright dips fried them! yahoo!

Took 40mg Winstrol (winny) this am before workout. Test cyp 275 & deca200 tonight w/ HCG

Sat is legs then Sunday is a lumbar workout make that lumber more 2 x 4's 2x 6's, etc. got to finish that deck!

Lean keep an eye on the joints brother coming off deca and gettin on Winstrol (winny) might really take a toll on them.

Why do you want to come off westside?

Props on the weighted bench dips they rock. Maybe try some BB JM Press next time your tris will be lovin it!

Just read hypertrophy is why you want to come off westside, lol.

I wonder if doing the 3 level periodization method westside does might work better for ya? You know ME, Dynamic and repeated .

Damn, your boy tore the patella tendon? Ouch. Completely? I guess he has a better chance of recovery at a young age. Us older guys would about have to retire from the iron game with that injury. Great log btw.

Back