KYP's Log

KentuckyPWRLFTR

Bad Mother Fucker
Try posting for motivation; old farts such as moi need this kinda thing:

Monday:
Squats (boss suit and belt, no briefs or wraps)
155x3
245x3
335x3
425x3
515x3
605x3
700x3
800x2 (very easy)
900xX (stood up so much easier than I anticipated, I almost fell, had to rack it, balance...)
900xX (balance issue again, I tried to squat it before I fell but cut it and racked it)

Deadlifts:
405x6 (being careful as my lower back is taxed from Friday: the GMs)

Hanging Knee Raises:
bwx30x2

Very surprised at my strength. 900 will be easy when I get the feel of the gear, stood up with it like it was nothing... considering no suit for 9 months, I am surprised!)

Wednesday:
Bench Press (no gear, no lift off):
135x3
225x3
315x3
405x3
500x2 (paused)
555xX (shit!! I can't get my joints warmed up)
fuck it! moved to shirt, cut an old double Fury up the back, everything else is too big
700x1 (way off, 2.5 inches)
730x2 (better, but shirt is still too jacked 2 inches off)
750x1 (best, still 1.5 inches off, but it stopped and went up very easily, wet shirt next week, I didn't really want it to touch yet)
Shirt off
510x2 (bump on second rep, lift off)

Close Grip:
405x4
445x1 (easy, just wanted to feel it)

tman55 said:
We need more guys like you around here.

Stats?

Thank you!

Stats... not sure what you mean, best comp lifts?

SQ= 940
BP= 725
DL= 600

I am a very poor deadlifterl. My hands are extremely thick relative to my finger length. I have doubled 665 in my weight room using straps. Even so, it is still pathetic. I needed 635 in my last meet to total 2300 but dropped it twice.

If you mean ht. and wt., then I am 5'7" and around 310.

I have been stronger and hope to get back.

Thanks, again

KentuckyPWRLFTR said:
Thank you!

Stats... not sure what you mean, best comp lifts?

SQ= 940
BP= 725
DL= 600

I am a very poor deadlifterl. My hands are extremely thick relative to my finger length. I have doubled 665 in my weight room using straps. Even so, it is still pathetic. I needed 635 in my last meet to total 2300 but dropped it twice.

If you mean ht. and wt., then I am 5'7" and around 310.

I have been stronger and hope to get back.

Thanks, again

you hit it with the height and weight. Still nice numbers imo. You are stronger than most bros here.

How old are you?

awesome bro we need some more strength athletes around here,

Now is the time for me to rise to my feet!

:) Hatebreed in the background

Barbell Bent Rows:
225x8
315x6
405x6
475x4
505x3

Wide Grip Chins:
bwx6
bwx6
bwx5

Hanging Knee Raises:
bwx30x2

Tough on an old fat man...

wow. welcome to the board and enjoy your stay. i like yor numbers..heck, I could only dream of hitting those kind of numbers....

damn if I could get my rows to be like that...that would be uber sweet. maybe you can share some vids of you doing your lifts. would be so motivational

I have had lots of vids on the web...

My name is Jay Gibson

There used to be a 505 Incline somewhere... I think I have taken most down or lost them when webspace/sites crashed... there were lots of benching vids out there

They are long gone... taped over, no doubt... I MIGHT still have a few but it's hardly worth fucking with, most powerlifters have seen them ad nauseum. I imagine a word search might still find something...

I do apologize. If I get a wild hair in the future, I'll put up something recent

All the best

I have a camcorder somewhere around here. I also had a converter thing and software. But earlier this summer I had a pc problem and had to clear the hard drive, so I lost the software. That said, it is MAYBE around the house. Wife coulda tossed it along with the converter, as we were having issues...

I'll give it a look sometime. I am thinking there should be some vids of me still around, but maybe not... at least some old stuff? I dunno...

Your technique looks fine.

Were it I, I'd shitcan that "leg press" and squat every leg workout. Concentrate on deads, squats, dips, chins, benches and rows. Get big and strong with those and then reassess your goals.

But then again, that's just me, lol

Best wishes and nice videos

Back